Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

Oh, yeah. I guess I assumed that the trailer scene was what's coming next, and then I saw the ending and kimda jumped ahead.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    So...who else thinks that Subaru now has Bazel's Witch Factor?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoCybercoin View Post
    So...who else thinks that Subaru now has Bazel's Witch Factor?
    Maybe. Anime logic would suggest so (killing an enemy will inherit their power). I'm assuming Witch Factor would be the power to use moves such as Invisible Hands. Whether the whole idea of hands is tied to Sloth's Witch Factor, or whether the factor simply manifests as an individualised power (might not be hands for Subaru) is yet to be seen.

I kind of hope he doesn't get it though. I like the idea that someone else obtained it because Subaru didn't know about the power beforehand and left it lying around. You know, consequences and all.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    After watching episode 2 and now the movie, I wonder who Beetlejuice truely was.

In the movie, he was featured too, I believe. An uncorrupted version though that was crying while holding (in Emilia's memory) her hand - so he had some kind of connection with Emilia. (I sure as hell hope it's not her father or something considering how the whole thing has been portrayed in the movie)
    In episode 2, Beako mentioned him too.

I'm really interested in the story of S2 by now and how things will come together.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Sat, 07-18-2020 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    episode 2:

So ... is Echidnea Satella or someone completely different again?

Since nobody answered, I assume the answer is "we don't know".

Ever since I saw the trailer, I thought she'd be Satella considering how she looks like Emilia. But now she's claling herself Echidnea. Hm

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

She described herself as the Witch of Greed.

Satella is referred to as the Witch of Envy.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Whether the whole idea of hands is tied to Sloth's Witch Factor, or whether the factor simply manifests as an individualised power (might not be hands for Subaru) is yet to be seen.
    Invisible penii?

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    She described herself as the Witch of Greed.

Satella is referred to as the Witch of Envy.
    Yep. Means there's probably 7 witches.

As soon as Betel called himself the Sin Archbishop of Sloth I assumed that there would be 7 Sin Archbishops and they'd all worship Satella. But now I assume that each witch has their own Bishop.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sun, 07-19-2020 at 02:51 PM.

That explains why Beetlenjuice attacked Subaru despite thinking Subaru was the Archbishop of Pride. What was weird was how jealous Beetlejuice got when Subaru seemed more well loved by his witch, when it's now presumably not the witch that they're seeking affection from.

episode 3:

So Echidna is the answer to "What if Emilia had personality".

I love her.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

She seems pretty cool. And all the Witches are I guess already dead so...I guess we really only have to worry about the Bishops.

But yeah, she straight up confirms that Subaru now has Betel's powers, but he doesn't know it cause he can't remember the conversation...

The memory shit is getting annoying. As it's the one thing you can't fix by going back in time, cause if you don't remember, you don't know to do anything differently.

Quote Originally Posted by DEX
    But yeah, she straight up confirms that Subaru now has Betel's powers, but he doesn't know it cause he can't remember the conversation...
    Whether "Factor" manifests as a physical power is yet to be confirmed. Probably though. She also said she gave him the Envy factor in his drink, so he now has 2 factors at least.

Interestingly none of the witches seemed particularly evil, besides maybe Envy.

Well... hard to say wether they are evil or not.

Roswaal however, seems to be fond of the Witch of Greed however, considering he insist that they call her Echidna.
    I can already see him trying to resurrect her... Like... why call it the Sanctuary and put it directly on top of her grave.

He mentioned in Season 1 that "he wants to make the Dragon pay" (or something similar) if I remember correctly. Do we know how the witch of Greed died?
    Wasn't it Envy who killed all the other witches? And the Dragon killed/locked up Envy?

I think it's difficult to pinpoint who's "evil" in this series. We just saw a "sancturay" that won't let people leave FOREVER. That's pretty evil. We so Garfiel who doesn't hesitate to attack people with lethal force. Also evil.

However, in terms of long-lived evil agenda, I'd say only the arc bishops are that so far (plus Elza, the assassin). Even Satella might or might not be evil. I mean, the power she gave Subaru is really more a blessing than a curse. In a normal scenario, the curse would be meaningless, because most people don't die violent deaths. But in this adventurous, dangerious setting, it becomes a weapon, a tool for its bearer, Subaru.

Honestly, if it turns out that Roswall indeed is trying to resurrect Echidna, then he might actually be evil, too, maybe he even is a covert arc bishop ... although that'd be scary, because who could possible fight him, lol. Maybe Reinhardt, but I'd assume a veteran magician is above a young swordman.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Interestingly none of the witches seemed particularly evil, besides maybe Envy.
    The way she made it sound, it sounded like they each originally wanted to do something good with their power, but possibly each ended up doing something monstrous to achieve their goal.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    It's society of whatever religion is in place that would brand them as a Witch or as evil so they might not be evil in the purest sense of it. Like Echidna seemed to be in pursuit of knowledge. TO learn all there is to know. I assume she did everything for that including things that would very well be evil. But their goals or ideals don't seem to be evil.

As for Roswall...I wouldn't be surprised if he is related to Echidna and that she's family hence why he insists in her being called Echidna instead of a witch.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCybercoin View Post
    It's society of whatever religion is in place that would brand them as a Witch or as evil so they might not be evil in the purest sense of it. Like Echidna seemed to be in pursuit of knowledge. TO learn all there is to know. I assume she did everything for that including things that would very well be evil. But their goals or ideals don't seem to be evil.
    *sigh* I guess. That just sounds like a lot of semantic nonsense.

"I hacked up hundreds of healthy, innocent people because I was trying to learn some stuff about biology! Pursuit of knowledge! Not evil!"

Like, I don't give a shit what your goal was. If you did a bunch of evil shit to achieve it, I'm counting you as evil.

Besides, she's hot. And we all know the rule is hot people aren't evil. They're "morally grey".

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    "I hacked up hundreds of healthy, innocent people because I was trying to learn some stuff about biology! Pursuit of knowledge! Not evil!"
    Well, there are several ways of doing something immoral, that is just considered "evil" because of artificial values society agreed on.

Like... abortion - and stuff like that.
    Or cloning - etc. etc.

There's also the possibility of someone having been evil in the past but then having changed and being good now. Worked for Dragon Ball, where Vegeta became a good guy after murdering countless intelligent people all over the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Well, there are several ways of doing something immoral, that is just considered "evil" because of artificial values society agreed on.
    Yeah but...they're also just considered immoral because of artificial values society agreed on.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Yeah but...they're also just considered immoral because of artificial values society agreed on.
    ?

Anyway, I think the topic of abortion is an excellent example that portrays how "evil" is just a mere concept for many things and that it depends on who sets the rules.

A church? A goverment? Common folk? Nobles? "Evil" will change depending on that.

On top of that "the greater good" often plays a role in that too.
    It's all a mere point of view.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Sat, 07-25-2020 at 04:56 AM.