Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1288

Thread: Boku no Hero Academia

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    Kendo has always had one of the more cute character designs. But that quirk- I don't even know how she got into the hero course with a quirk like that, and still says Yao still has better grades than her. I wonder what her advantage is?
    She might just be an incredibly competent fighter.

But yeah, her quirk sucks.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Or because fighting isn't all that is needed to be a hero.

Kendo is the big hand-girl, right?

Pretty sure she can use her hands to get rubble out of the way, dig victims up, or just grip villains and hold them in place.
    It's just logical to assume that she gets enhanced strength when she enlarges her hands proportional to the size of them.
    Otherwise the weigth of her hands would make it impossible for her to move around.
    Imagine yourself getting into this:

There are certainly some superpowers that are completely useless against that. And imagine getting bonked by that.

I mean, it's not any worse that the A1 guy whose power is "Tail".

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Dont' forget Tape and Grape. Acid also is a little limited. Invisible girl too with flash bomb. Like, how did she even take down any robots anyway during the exam. Kendo's doing fine compared to all that.

Dark Shadow's is weird so I would just leave it at that. Cloaking the DS to improve its ability seems to be required, and you'd just have to give it the benefit of doubt that Dark Shadow would just fly from its tether and can't lift anything up with it.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Ep 94

--------------------------------------

I was about to say... damn fungus has no killing power, but she just turns into a bioweapon. That escalated quickly.

This anime is so bad and I cannot stop :/

I want to punch that dumb mushroom girl in the face everytime she does her orgasm-tongue out face :/

And Yoyoraorru's "genius idea" that everyone praised as genius ... was the most low-iq, dumb idea ever. Oh, people need to see in the dark, so i send them a thermal visor - GENIUS!!11 :/
    Last edited by MFauli; Sun, 05-02-2021 at 12:29 AM.

I give her points for knowing how to make thermal goggles from scratch though.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sat, 05-01-2021 at 11:46 PM.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    This is the risk that pure ability-based fight dynamics constantly run with- how the characters use a plethora of powers likely won't match up with out we'd use them, and that makes us frustrated because we tend to think ourselves pretty clever, yet somehow teenagers (written for children) should be at least as quick witted as us.

I've decided that commentating on the metatextual elements like what shounen is and who it's for aren't really enriching the conversation anymore- we've all agreed to disagree on how appropriate the student's decisions are, so I'll leave it finally to rest.

The fight had some fun turns and mushrooms can be pretty deadly I suppose, if they end up blocking your wind pipe. Aoyama was thoroughly useless, as expected, and Yaomomo got to show off a bit of growth. All in all, a good battle for side characters.

I was disappointed the mushrooms didn't give us a better idea of Invisible Girl's figure...

This is the risk that pure ability-based fight dynamics constantly run with- how the characters use a plethora of powers likely won't match up with out we'd use them, and that makes us frustrated because we tend to think ourselves pretty clever, yet somehow teenagers (written for children) should be at least as quick witted as us.
    Well, we also have a lot more time to think. Even just between the watching, and the posting here.

That said, we have LESS time to think about it than the writer. So it can be frustrating when it seems like we put more thought in it than they did.

Btw invisible girl is running around naked, right?

:/

I believe so. They joked about how cold she is now that it's winter.

I can sort of hear it, but what exactly is horn girl's speech impediment/quirk (no pun intended)? Is she speaking broken English or just slurring greatly?

Did they dig Yutaka Nakamura out of his Bones dungeon to animate the Ingenium scenes? They contrast actually too starkly with the regular animation- it looks like a different show.

The pacing during these battles isn't great, but at least there's a theoretical time limit to enable stalemates.

I can sort of hear it, but what exactly is horn girl's speech impediment/quirk (no pun intended)? Is she speaking broken English or just slurring greatly?
    She's just speaking (heavily accented)English.

Did they dig Yutaka Nakamura out of his Bones dungeon to animate the Ingenium scenes? They contrast actually too starkly with the regular animation- it looks like a different show.
    That's SAKUGA, baby!

So, Bakugo's team fight strategy - "save me when I'm in trouble, and I'll save you when you're in trouble"... Apparently being a pro hero means 'quickplay causal'. I forgot he refers to everybody by some reductive moniker. Too bad that Buggy's kid endured some major jobbing duties this ep. I bet she could be pretty strong if she can essentially regenerate the slivers of her body that don't come back. Would be useful for search and rescue or hazmat.

Buggy? As in the lizard woman who splits her body?

Regenerating body parts is specifically her thing. She did that until she got tired then had the remaining ones return instead to save energy instead. Sero predicted that so planted a nade.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Buggy? As in the lizard woman who splits her body?
    As in, the girl with the same power as Buggy from One Piece.

episode 10 s5:

1.) If acid girl's acid actually hit anyone, that person would die. Dumb power to use in battle as a hero.

2.) Shinso saved Deku, Deku's team should have given up afterwards, it's unfair how Shinso is now exposed.

3.) But what I really had to say: Giving Deku all these secret quirks is a total copout. The series premise is "guy without ability receives ability from hero". Now the "guy without ability" will have 6-7 abilities of totally different nature. So far, all of Deku's moves were strenth-based. But now he's got an energy whip? Aha. Really don't like that.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    2.) Shinso saved Deku, Deku's team should have given up afterwards, it's unfair how Shinso is now exposed.
    While I agree, that shit should end the match, it seems like everyone, including Shinso, want to continue.

3.) But what I really had to say: Giving Deku all these secret quirks is a total copout. The series premise is "guy without ability receives ability from hero". Now the "guy without ability" will have 6-7 abilities of totally different nature. So far, all of Deku's moves were strenth-based. But now he's got an energy whip? Aha. Really don't like that.
    I love it. OFA was described as a power that let's you pass on power to others. So for a long time I was like "Shouldn't that include Quirks? Or was every previous user Quirkless?" Now it's like "No, it totally can. We just haven't done it before." Plus, Deku's power was getting stale.

I will say though, I don't like all the "It's not time yet", "the time is now" stuff. Makes Deku seem like some kinda prophesized chosen one, which always completely undermines a can-do, never-give-up protags. It happened in Naruto, it's maybe happening in One Piece, and now it's happening here.

I see the new power thing as necessary, because the story doesn't really get much more interesting if the only progression is seeing Deku punch a bit harder every single time.

That said, I do dislike it at the same time because now it feels like we're sidetracking instead of working on towards becoming the 2nd All Might.

Also - Chibi Uraraka <3

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    episode 10 s5:

It still is?
    That hasn't changed in the slightest.
    He got the strongest quirk aside from AFO.
    The "underdog/guy without ability" theme it had in the first episode was lost the moment Deku recieved that power.