Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15556162636465
Results 1,281 to 1,285 of 1285

Thread: Boku no Hero Academia

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar

It doesn't get more AMERICAN than that. Star and Stripe, singular.

Horikoshi is so lazy with names.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I wonder if the "Cape kills heroes" gag is going to happen.

Otherwise this episode for me was all about Mineta trying to be Todoroki-cool.

And Stain I guess. That guys got conviction. Reminds me of Scar from Fullmetal Alchemist.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Oops, forgot to mention Stain. Yeah, he stole the episode by serving dark justice. A lot of the dialogue or commentary in MhA can start to blend together after a while, but Stain's tirades grab attention.

Off topic, but pertinent to previous episodes, does anyone know of a shounen MC that cries as much (or as often) as deku? I was thinking about what MhA does to differentiate itself from the herd, and Izuku's waterworks was one of the first things that came to mind. Boy just cries at... almost everything. Things have been bad-getting-worse for two seasons now, so I don't blame him per say, but the story is constructed in a way to give Deku plenty of sad points every other episode and the levity sections don't have much impact to counterbalance it.

While that's not a bad thing, after a while, it wears down the audience and our sympathy, eroded, ceases to identify with the character and he reverts to being the center of a 'story' that has now has some pacing issues. Glad they ended the season on a hype shot.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    No, I don't know of anyone in Shounen who cries.

Some series have main characters who cry, usually for comedic effect. But not the MC.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Stain did not disappoint. Layers.

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    Off topic, but pertinent to previous episodes, does anyone know of a shounen MC that cries as much (or as often) as deku? I was thinking about what MhA does to differentiate itself from the herd, and Izuku's waterworks was one of the first things that came to mind. Boy just cries at... almost everything. Things have been bad-getting-worse for two seasons now, so I don't blame him per say, but the story is constructed in a way to give Deku plenty of sad points every other episode and the levity sections don't have much impact to counterbalance it.
    Luffy probably cries more by volume, but not by ratio. Because...1000+ episodes.