Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1285

Thread: Boku no Hero Academia

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I'd say:

1. no.
    2. n/a

Partly A but mostly C. Just another "shit on TV/Movies that don't actually work that way IRL".

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I honestly got the impression that it was B. Endeavor had her put away because Shoto is his legacy that he can't have her damaging. But he had her committed instead of sent to prison to also protect his reputation.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    I think there's room for a reasonable suspicion that he simply still loves his family and doesn't/didn't want to harm it any further.

I think that's the case NOW. I don't think that was the case when he first had her put away.

Endeavor's entire existence revolved around surpassing All-Might. And if he couldn't do it, he'd make sure his kid did.

Now that he's surpassed All-Might, he's started to realize that was a stupid way to live and his priorities have shifted.

Endeavour decided it was best for his family to leave them alone. A bold move. The difference between forgiveness and atonement is interesting, I suppose.

So Aizawa and Present Mike were school bros- that explains why they have shared more than a few scenes throughout the series. I don't know that I buy (nor understand what good it does narratively) the attempt to retroactively soften his 'extreme expulsion' methods now. Did those students get readmitted into the general course? I don't get it.

Do you think the flashback was perhaps a bit too truncated? Did you get an adequate feel for this character who became Kurogiri, or does it feel more like retcon?

Scraps at a fine restaurant is a nice analogy, but was AFO's plan each time to collect corpses to make into nomus?

Shigaraki is getting his own training/torture arc?

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    Do you think the flashback was perhaps a bit too truncated? Did you get an adequate feel for this character who became Kurogiri, or does it feel more like retcon?
    It feels like a retcon. Naruto did this much better with Obito by introducing the character in a flashback arc first, then having the reveal much later.

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    Shigaraki is getting his own training/torture arc?
    Well he's gotta get SOMETHING. As he's been positioned as Deku's nemesis. If Deku is going to get 6-7 more quirks, Shigaraki can't stay like he is.

Was Kurogiri always known to be a nomu?! I thought he was a regular quirk user who just looked that way. Feels like a total retcon that he's now an artificially made being like that crazy nomu from season 1.

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Was Kurogiri always known to be a nomu?!
    Definitely not. They even said they thought Nomu were mindless. Which Kurogiri clearly isn't.

That said, Nomu are supposedly mindless because having 4 quirks erodes your mind. If Kurogiri is a Nomu, what are his other quirks? And does he still have a mind because he has less than 4?

My Villain Academia begins. How long will Shigaraki's training arc be, knowing he survives it by it being a flashback?

I feel like some things about this ark were changed from the manga, but I'll chime in once I'm sure.

But as a freebie trivia, apparently the mad doctor character had his name changed after his introduction (to the one the anime uses) because, for whatever reason, the author made his name a pretty obvious parody of a real life code name for war crimes committed by the Japanese army during WW2 including human experiments. You can imagine the backlash. More info if you're interested: Name controversy

Ep 108

------------------------

I've gotten used to physical durability being superhuman, but people barely sleeping for 1 month just makes me laugh.

Where's your shounen spirit, man?

Not that I'm going to call this realistic, but I recall hearing of studies where people would force themselves to take 15 minute power naps every four hours on the dot and actually went for months without proper sleep. The idea, as I remember, was that by only sleeping for a super short interval, you could 'train' your brain to immediately enter REM4 level sleep- the best quality sleep where your body rejuvenates the most, almost instantly and for the duration of the power nap, whereas normal sleep fluctuates between levels 1-4 and our individual sleep quality varies thusly day to day. It was a fragile system, whereby if a participant missed even one of these naps by a few minutes, they would immediately 'crash' and sleep for hours and have to reset the pattern slowly... Can't cite the study, and maybe it was all an urban myth, but I thought it was interesting and could slightly rationalize this scenario.

The rational in real life is that you make sleeping more frequent in order to shorten overall duration.

Here they shorten duration and make sleeps less frequent. The dude looks half dead anyway, so whatever.

The real life situation is indeed interesting and I attempted it for a while, but my life doesn't run like clockwork so I can't be guaranteed sleep at a moment's notice.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    For the Vendée-Globe and similar individual boat races, they also fraction their sleep but with longer naps: 2 or 3 hours from memory.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

This is so bad.

Introducing another evil organization just so the author can give the usual villains a hero-moment? Flashbacks to evoke sympathy? Fucking give me a break! These are murderous asshole villains who don't deserve any sympathy. EVERY villain in every fictional story ever has a tragic past of sorts, but it never excuses the villainous actions in the present. These past 2 episodes feel like the author is that close to making the villains join the heroes, at least he's preparing for that bs.

Fuck Toga, I don't care what she went through or about any "determination" she's showcasing during battle. She's a psycho killer and all I want to see is her locked up or killed in battle. Same for all the other villains in Togarashi's group.

Also, it needs to be said for once: They artstyle of this anime sucks. ALL characters look like children/have child faces, so whenever someone is supposed to be an adult, it's SUPER weird how they're just a child face on a taller body. That was very irritating this episode with th blue-skinned woman. But it's also an issue with al the heroe students, and all female characters. I'm not one of the pro-censorship idiots who can't discern fiction from reality, but I just hate how there's hardly any difference between children and adult faces in this series' character designs. Bad artstyle.

I don't really see how Toga's past is supposed to be tragic or evoke sympathy. It pretty much just shows that she's always been a psycho.

Shigaraki though, yeah, he definitely had some tragic shit happen to him that's been wiped from his memory.

This is s portrait of the origin of a broken mind. Nothing more or less. She didn't get a hero moment, she got a bit of development with the a bonus power up. No one's calling her a hero, though she is a popular character. If the Joker happens to defeat/kill Two Face, no one is suggesting he is a hero even if he did something inadvertently heroic.

Mfauli, for the character designs, that is almost pure personal taste you are complaining about. I think you want more angled character designs as you associate rounded features with childlike features. Horikoshi's art is a big draw for the series, actually. He has some pretty good character designs (though costume design I would also criticize) and a good sense of paneling to make the most of it, which the anime reproduces very well consistently.

Shoto and ice manipulator guy would make a good team if they were on the same side.

Looks like Shigaraki got an AOE upgrade.

I was pretty happy to see Ochako's quirk being shown to be absolutely lethal.

Though, the same could be said for having blood explode inside you.

new episode:

Yeah, I still don't give a shit about the villain's feelings and story. They're murders and they don't deserve any sympathy. Baffling choice to go forward with the plot. But it's probably testament to how shallow the heroes are.

It's the villain's training arc man. They're all powering up.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    new episode:

Yeah, I still don't give a shit about the villain's feelings and story. They're murders and they don't deserve any sympathy. Baffling choice to go forward with the plot. But it's probably testament to how shallow the heroes are.
    They are fighting to survive. Their stories don't have to be heroic- just interesting. Twice getting his trauma cleared up by having a bone broken is a neat free powerup and even the clones fighting Redestro boss were a cool scene, as was the tower crumbling. If you don't understand why long-standing villains are getting backstory during a time of duress, all of your previous comparisons to Naruto fall flat. This is shounen 101 story bite to accompany a fight; save animation budget, pad time, and flesh out the world. At this point, I don't even know what you are looking for here because your standards seem to shift constantly, so MhA probably isn't the show for you.

Arc still feels rushed, and I can now confirm scenes were omitted, which is too bad because I think the MvA could have taken the rest of the season and been a hype way to send it off.