Thread: Boruto 1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Boruto 1

In case anyone was interested, there is now a Naruto sequel that follows Naruto's son, Boruto, as the main character.

Boruto Chapter 1

Seems decent enough.

well, I've spent too many years on Naruto already, so why not go through another run?
    count me in for the weekly update. we're gonna forum like it's 2006.

a lot of characters to place around as kids, as well as techniques. But i'm guessing the plot will be more tight and manageable this time around.

what I got from this chapter:
    A. boruto is pissed at his dad being a no-show, and wants to beat him, with Sasuke's help.
    B. Sasuke's female kid wants to be an hokage.
    C. Somebody is creating insta ninja with power tools, but it's not a 'wipe the ninjas in the name of science!' just yet. funny, it mostly reminds me of mangling up Payne's solution, with a bit of 'The incredibles''s Buddy - make ninjas obsolete by giving everybody highpowered abilities. I think the fat pedophile creep is somehow related, although it's probably a red herring.
    D. Kaguya's castle is still around?

Is there any estimation on how many chapters are there going to be? will it (try to) be a long runner, or like the previous story?

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    Is there any estimation on how many chapters are there going to be? will it (try to) be a long runner, or like the previous story?
    From what I was able to find, it will be an on-going series, but there is some discrepancy about whether the chapters will be released weekly or monthly. The series is not being headed by Kishimoto, but instead will be written and drawn by Mikio Ikemoto, who was an assistant artist on the Naruto series. Kishimoto will still be involved as a "supervisor."

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    well, I've spent too many years on Naruto already, so why not go through another run?
    count me in for the weekly update. we're gonna forum like it's 2006.
    Isn`t it monthly?
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

yaaaaaay another team hunting the 9 beats again -.-

chapter 4.
    he earned his papa's love, but now papa is onto him!
    how sad!

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Am I the one that finds it odd that of all the flaws older Naruto could have, negligence is the least expected one? I get that they need to create some drama between father and son, but this just seems strange for me, considering that Naruto was an orphan and completely neglected by his WHOLE village for over a decade.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

maybe it's because Naruto didn't have any parent role models?
    he expects the kid to be self sufficient in terms of day to day stuff, and doesn't understand the benefits of regular and constant together times.
    as a kid, Naruto's exepectations of a parent figure were 'not look at me with contempt' and 'take me to eat ramen here and there' and 'be proud of my accomplishments'. the other stuff don't register to him as parenting, so he doesn't think that Boruto needs him to tell him to clean his room, or ask silly questions about the movie that's playing on the
    TV.

Woah my account is still here...since 15 years ago

Anyways I can't take Boruto's hair seriously. But I hope this will turn into a serious story line soon.

I actually liked the last chapter.
    it started out like a rehash of konohamaru from the original chapter 2, but it played out much better, because Boruto is at a different place than naruto was. He's after the initial shock of what it means to be a ninja, and he's mature enough to impart that lesson to others in a premeditated and meaningful way.

also, some jabs about aoba, which feel like they've been lifted from the forum way back at 2005.

It's a good thing Boruto isn't as idiotic as Naruto, all in all. While Naruto would have pulled off the same thing as Boruto in ch12, it would have happened in a lot more annoying way, no doubt. Boruto did keep his head pretty cool through it.