Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thunderbolt Fantasy

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar

Funny that the Enigmatic Gale's new friends are fully convinced that he cares at all about the safety of the world when he's just been in it for the memes since season 1, episode 1. It makes sense, as most people would care about the index and the worthiness of its owner. But not him. Even MC said that he probably stayed behind to stir up trouble. A clever misdirection and means to naturally give some more exposition from the other side.

Blind musician waifu? More, please.

I'd like to make special mention as to how versatile the series' main theme song is. It is tweaked and can be used for both 'soft' sentimental scenes, all the way to blood boiling puppet battles, and a few bits in between- just noticed that this episode.

I'd never expect to get a full backstory for an evil sword, much less one so succinct and entertaining that also cleverly folded in a history/worldbuilding exposition. I was expecting more conflict at the medicine shop, but how it unfolded was a welcome subversion in its own right.

The Enegmatic Funko Pop was pretty cute.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post

The Enegmatic Funko Pop was pretty cute.
    Can be bought here:
    https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10416134

I didn't like the telephone idea though. Bionic arms and teleporting mirrors are okay, but telephones... no.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Its so Gen Uro for the only one to know the Enigmatic Gale's true character also happens to be a Demon who's allies wont believe her warnings...

Gotta love an uneasy alliance. The monk is becoming more sensible since being separated from the seven blasphemous deaths; maybe its grip weakens in absence?

I think he's less fussed about feeding her blood etc and more keen about trying to get her back. He was always relatively intelligent so being crafty seems about right. He was just an empty monk who thought he loved a sword and went to commit suicide with it.

What has me interested now is that they've introduced a character that the MC can't beat.

I like that the theme/fight song lightly resonating through the noble demon's house as the crew battled outside was enough to rouse his curiosity and get him hyped enough to contribute; I know where you're coming from, my guy... That track is pure, uncut, Columbian hype.

I forgot that the monk was smothering the Seven Blasphemous Deaths last season, and it was off-putting even to her.

From memory the guy formed a suicide pact with her then jumped off a cliff right? That was pretty funny cuz the sword can't do shit except charm him some more.

It hurts to see the gale become the Enigmatic simp, but that feels like comeuppance for all of his treachery... unless this is also some sort of trick, but that would feel cheap. If the demon ever regains her form, will her charms persist?

Funny enough, with all of the happenings, this entire season feels more like a transitional period than an full fledged arc. Its almost over and I keep expecting more setup when it should really be wrapping up the confrontations already on the plate.

I'm expecting a trick. I'm just that biased into thinking that Enigmatic Gale comes out on top all the time.

Come to think of it, that girl from the second season was able to break free from the charm herself, so it is canonically possible...

Ep 11

---------------

Okay, looks like Enigmatic Gale is under her control after all.

Or maybe he's acting until they are alone? If not, he really killed the useless guy from season one and this just got 50 shades darker in a single episode, combined with the demon's flashback with guitar guy.

Things are looking more dire than ever. What's the catch?

Locust man really trusts his turncoat.

-----------------

Haha, Enigmatic Gale played them all. I thought Mantis dude was acting suspiciously like Gale last episode since he took the transponder device from the General to communicate with SEELE 01, but when he cowered during their discussion I thought "nah, that's just old Mantis being Mantis".

Damn this turned out sweetly. I couldn't bear to see Priestess cry. (Interesting that they made a point about seeing the puppet swallow)

Had me going, too. Surprised snake dude bit it like a chump while disguised like a chump, but this was good, clever, and tidy. No complaints.

Also, looks like the only cure to being entranced by a wicked demon lady is to be disciplined by your own ball and chain... A tongue in cheek commentary on marriage and faithfulness, perhaps? Cute scene.

Final ep of S3.

------------

Pretty kickass finanale for now. Some of those twists were unexpected (dude being father of Demon, Grand Emperor being the big bad boss in the real world), and leave plenty of room for continuation.

I didn't expect to see any more surprises from Edgeless Blade, but they upped his "high chi burst" trick with "more than just a sword carrier" ability - though that probably just steps from his solid chi stock as as well. "Sword that can't be parried" basically makes him One Punch Man.

For both S1 and S3, banashing people into space does make sense, but I will hope that the next bad boss gets a slightly different treatment since we've used this twice now.