Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 751-Current

Yeah, this feels a bit deceptive. Them calling Brook a corpse was a good joke. But they were definitely acting like Sanji was dead, or at least they thought he was dead. Now he's just disappeared or something. Which shouldn't provoke the kind of reaction everyone is having.

If it seems hella confusing like you missed several plot points along the way, don't worry, that's intentional. Forget the void era, this arc is all about the void two-weeks.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

----

Ah, I get it now. They all have electricity powers because of the static electricity the build up cause of their fur. That's the kind of thing Oda would come up with.

Potential powerup for Chopper.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    My biggest cliffhanger right now is the continuation of how the sunny got away from Big Mam. That the story keeps getting interrupted by these other stories is brilliantly sadistic because Oda can just use whatever material he wants whenever he wants.

Episode 759:

-- - -- - - - -

I thought 3 eps would already do something, but it got the plot forward very little. I'm sure this right hand of Kaido was supposed to be a huge mofo (I don't mean physically), but these eps did very little to give such an impression. Based on these he seems like a man Zoro would defeat in three seconds. But I guess there must be a lot more to him than is so far made evident. I just hope it won't take bloody 10 episodes of endless eight to get that far.

Maybe I should give this 6 eps.

They build Jack in these flashbacks up to have him killed off on the way to help Flaminco. I must wonder who did him in?

Now we're getting somewhere. Kinda sad the lion got gunned down; it seems a bit cheeky for a mere subordinate captain to do that to one of Big Mam's direct reports.

-------------

Okay, you got me Oda. I was not expecting Sanji to have a much more complex backstory this far into the series.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post

-------------

Okay, you got me Oda. I was not expecting Sanji to have a much more complex backstory this far into the series.
    And now you know why his name has 3 ("San") in it. He's the 3rd son of the Vinsmoke family.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Are his brothers named Ichji and Niji?

Vinsmoke is new, right? I mean, I shouldn't remember that name from earlier in the series, just to be sure?

First I remember hearing it. He was always just Sanji as far as I know.

Of course, Usopp, Nami and Brook don't have last names either yet as far as I know. Weird for Usopp given that we know his father.

------

Suddenly, this is turning into Enies Lobby II.

Seems to be a lot of that going on in the New World. Fishman Island was Arlong Park II...Dressrosa was Alabasta II...

------

Suddenly, this is turning into Enies Lobby II.

Seems to be a lot of that going on in the New World. Fishman Island was Arlong Park II...Dressrosa was Alabasta II...
    I always thought of Fishman island as Skypeia II, personally.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

But...all the fishmen...

But...all the fishmen...
    Skypeia was about the mystery of a city floating thousands of miles above the surface, and figuring out a way to get there, as well as the epic journey along the way. Fishman island was about sailing thousands of miles below the surface, and the epic journey along the way. Both Skypeia and Fishman island had a sort of otherworldly vibe to them, and both were on the verge of a civil war that the strawhats unexpectedly found themselves in the middle of.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

- - - - - -

I gave this six episodes, and the story progressed enough to let me know why Sanji is missing. I nearly lost it when they randomly started to fight against the mosquitos.

I'm not saying this development wouldn't be interesting. Sanji's past would have been cooler with a bit more foreshadowing, like throwing that name around at some point a long time ago and having Sanji react, even if ever so slightly. It's not necessarily tactically bad to head over to Big Mom's territory if they know Kaido is coming after them. That would potentially throw Big Mom and Kaido against each other.

Holy shit! Sanji is Killua!

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Skypeia was about the mystery of a city floating thousands of miles above the surface, and figuring out a way to get there, as well as the epic journey along the way. Fishman island was about sailing thousands of miles below the surface, and the epic journey along the way. Both Skypeia and Fishman island had a sort of otherworldly vibe to them, and both were on the verge of a civil war that the strawhats unexpectedly found themselves in the middle of.
    A. Fishman Island is not some strange mystery land that nobody knows how to get to. Everyone knows where it is, and how to get to it if they want to. The only connecting theme between the two arcs is one has them going up, and the other has them going down.

B. EVERY island they visit is on the verge of a civil war that the Strawhats unexpectedly find themselves in the middle of.

The mosquitoes part didn't even fit in... like at all. It was completely out of place. I'd like to imagine even as a kid, I would've watched that part and been like, "I just saw Luffy defeat another schichibukai, is this supposed to be entertaining to me?"

Also, despite One Piece having an amazing soundtrack, I'm yet to be moved by any song by Brooke, ever. I feel like the studio really dropped the ball on him as a whole. Now he just sings to fill dead space.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

---

Is Pandaman part of the Heart Pirates? Or was that just another one of his cameos?

I love that Cat Viper is just Garfield.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sun, 11-27-2016 at 08:47 PM.