Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 751-Current

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    He better not get that tooth back!
    ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff!

The stronger of mama's offspring you are, the less you like conforming to the standardized usage of doors? Too mainstream? It explains their outfits...

I like that Bege won't talk with people who don't respect their appearance, and tacky though the may be, something about the lighting on his rings made me smile. I hope we get some more background on why mama is so unpopular with the giants; that was a very interesting distinction about her 'empire', and I'm not fully satisfied with the little crumb of information in this episode.

VX gas is the plan, huh? I presume Mother Caramel is actually Mama's... mama, unless "Mother" is her actual name, when she said it in the flashback.

I have to wonder why mama hasn't simply stormed the other Yonkai to get their poneglyphs if she is apparently invincible, but I suppose Kaido and Shanks might likewise be capable of dealing with her, maybe even Blackbeard?

I love when an episode of mostly talking is mostly talking about things I find interesting, and this one certainly such an episode.

I also want to give it up for Big Mom also being the most 'appropriate' Yonkai by far. None of the others seem to have put anything into practice to actually support the enterprise of being the Pirate King. We have a country, connections, flags of protection, a vision of a harmonious future, and likely a seat or two at the reverie, somehow. Any other candidate who gets the title at this point seems like they could just die at sea afterworlds with no real plan for being the King. One is suicidal, one lost his arm protecting a random kid, and Blackbeard is a wildcard. She's no great philanthropist, but the only flaw in her quest for One Piece is marrying off a daughter to a man of ambition.

**Edit to not triple post**

Also, does anyone else find it odd that the straw harts are both complacent and aiding an actual murder/assassination plot? There have been 0 casualties, excluding flashbacks, directly linked to their actions so far, so that is trippy, I just wanted to add.
    Last edited by neflight86; Mon, 03-19-2018 at 08:02 PM.

The milk regrowing Luffy's tooth was dumb as shit, and I hope there's an actual explanation for it.

Also, the milk working to heal Brook, even though it specifically DIDN'T work to heal him back in Thriller Bark(where he drinks some milk saying it will repair crack in his face, but when he drinks it, even though he ACTS like it works, the crack is completely unaffected).

Also, does anyone else find it odd that the straw harts are both complacent and aiding an actual murder/assassination plot? There have been 0 casualties, excluding flashbacks, directly linked to their actions so far, so that is trippy, I just wanted to add.
    Kinda. But I just see it as, Luffy only really cares what happens to his friends. And while Luffy doesn't kill people, neither Mom or Bege are his friends, so he doesn't really care what they do to each other, he's there to help Sanji.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    The milk regrowing Luffy's tooth was dumb as shit, and I hope there's an actual explanation for it.

Also, the milk working to heal Brook, even though it specifically DIDN'T work to heal him back in Thriller Bark(where he drinks some milk saying it will repair crack in his face, but when he drinks it, even though he ACTS like it works, the crack is completely unaffected).

Kinda. But I just see it as, Luffy only really cares what happens to his friends. And while Luffy doesn't kill people, neither Mom or Bege are his friends, so he doesn't really care what they do to each other, he's there to help Sanji.
    Yeah, Luffy's never really cared for the well-being of others, unless its someone he cares about or has respect for.

Ohh, lots of characters being formally introduced in this episode. Good stuff.
    Last edited by Assertn; Sun, 04-01-2018 at 12:17 AM.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Ohh, lots of characters being formally introduced in this episode. Good stuff.
    Honestly? I'm actually getting pretty tired of that shit.

"Oh, has it been 10 episodes? Time to introduce another 20 characters. Because that's what this series needs..."

Honestly? I'm actually getting pretty tired of that shit.

"Oh, has it been 10 episodes? Time to introduce another 20 characters. Because that's what this series needs..."
    Hey, don't be hating on my boy "Big News" Morgans.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

---

I've been thinking since Sanji kept acting nice to her that he was going to somehow win Pudding over, but when she was still being a psycho right up to the end I started thinking, "Eh, I guess not."

Then when she was all "Imma shoot him while he's freaked out about my eye." I realized "Oh, he's gonna compliment her eye and she'll gonna immediately switch sides."

Luffy with one of his rare actual plans!

I'm a little confused by Katakuri's reaction. While its badass to have the future seeing villain be all like "I can't stop this!", it feels like he should have easily been able to stop at least some of it.

---

I've been thinking since Sanji kept acting nice to her that he was going to somehow win Pudding over, but when she was still being a psycho right up to the end I started thinking, "Eh, I guess not."

Then when she was all "Imma shoot him while he's freaked out about my eye." I realized "Oh, he's gonna compliment her eye and she'll gonna immediately switch sides."

Luffy with one of his rare actual plans!

I'm a little confused by Katakuri's reaction. While its badass to have the future seeing villain be all like "I can't stop this!", it feels like he should have easily been able to stop at least some of it.
    I think Katakuri meant the chaos of the cake exploding into a whole bunch of luffys. But yeah, the buildup this episode was pretty intense.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Pudding underestimated Sanji's desperation by an order of magnitude.

I smiled a bit when the pastor pulled out a piece to finish the job, but got sniped by a jellybean instead. This was probably the best cliffhanger in at least a couple of years. Cake's hitting the fan now.

I'm a little curious how Sanji was able to dodge an attack from a guy that can supposedly see into the future.

I'm a little curious how Sanji was able to dodge an attack from a guy that can supposedly see into the future.
    The future he was looking at was the one where he doesn't throw a bean, though. Katakuri didn't know Sanji would be able to dodge his attack as well.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Bege got to talk some fine trash this episode.

Bege got to talk some fine trash this episode.
    Bege went from being the lamest supernova to one of the more interesting ones.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

---

Holy shit that line from Jimbei was so boss.

"What does a crewmate of the future Pirate King have to fear from a mere Emperor?"

For awhile I was like "Why aren't they just shooting her with the missiles while she's stumbling around?" Until I remember that her shrieking apparently lowers her vulnerability.

Do I sense a flashback-story of big mom coming on? I'll gladly put whats going on on hold for that; I expected explanation about mother Caramel to take another 100 episodes at least!

Do I sense a flashback-story of big mom coming on?
    With the way that episode ended? Absolutely. I think I audibly groaned.

Flashback over now, and we can see that Mom's promiscuous ways are a direct result of her suspect upbringing. From abandonment to a short lived work development with Carmel and giant boxing, and the most exotic of foods; human flesh!

Lols aside, how did Lin Lin get the life-steal power from Carmel? Is eating a person the same as eating a fruit?

---

Yeah...yeah, there's a lot to unpack in that flashback...

Thought it was pretty lame for a backstory at first till the revealed Caramel was evil. And then...and then...yeah, she totally fucking ate those people...

But I think the most interesting part there is Mom got Caramel's Devil Fruit power by eating Caramel. The question is, is that just a Big Mom thing? Or is that a universal thing about how Devil's Fruits work?

Did Blackbeard steal Whitebeard's fruit power by taking a big old bite out of his body? Devil Fruits themselves work with only a single bite, is it the same with fruit eater's bodies?

---

Yeah...yeah, there's a lot to unpack in that flashback...

Thought it was pretty lame for a backstory at first till the revealed Caramel was evil. And then...and then...yeah, she totally fucking ate those people...

But I think the most interesting part there is Mom got Caramel's Devil Fruit power by eating Caramel. The question is, is that just a Big Mom thing? Or is that a universal thing about how Devil's Fruits work?

Did Blackbeard steal Whitebeard's fruit power by taking a big old bite out of his body? Devil Fruits themselves work with only a single bite, is it the same with fruit eater's bodies?
    I suppose a person with a devil's fruit ability is basically a walking devil's fruit in that regard. Not necessarily what happened with Blackbeard, though. Blackbeard's devil's fruit already allowed him to absorb other devil fruit powers, though we never saw him actually possess the powers he absorbed up until whitebeard, so maybe absorbing to that extent both kills the previous host and transfers the ability to Blackbeard, and he didn't want to try it on Ace because he needed Ace alive.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Blackbeard's devil's fruit already allowed him to absorb other devil fruit powers, though we never saw him actually possess the powers he absorbed up until whitebeard
    Or maybe he just has a special thing that lets him have multiple fruits without exploding. And then he just went around eating the bodies of fruit eaters.