Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: One Piece 751-Current

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post

---

GODDAMNIT JINBEI! Can you just stay with the goddamn crew already! FUCK! All this "I'm joining, but I gotta go do unfinished business first." is killing me!
    yeapp...

I'm a little confused as to what exactly Pudding cut out of Sanji's memory. He still seems to remember who she is, so did she just, like, cut out the parts where she was shitty?
    I think she just cut out the goodbye kiss.

So now the Strawhats get to be hunted to the ends of the earth forever. Not because they attacked momma, but because she'll never stop trying to get Sanji back to make more cakes!

I honestly don't know why they bothered feeding her at all. At the rate she was going, it looks like she would have starved herself in another day or so. Problem solves itself.
    Yeah well, just like in the end of this last episode, Sanji has always grew up believing that nobody, friend or foe, should experience starving to death.

Awful lotta singing in these last couple eps too...
    yeapp...
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    It was a shockingly ambitious episode. Pseudo operatic refrain for the arc opening song (from over a year ago, lol), strawhats escaping and Katakuri's backstory with a tender Brulee moment AND Pudding's memory erasure/kiss? I had to check it wasn't a double length episode or some other witchcraft.

---

Okay so, looks like these upcoming episodes are going to be interspersed with a bunch of recaps of early in the series.

Speaking of which...did I know Luffy's scar was from stabbing himself in the eye for funsies? Cause I didn't remember that.

I don't think I like Luffy being declared the 5th Emperor. I was expecting that the old Emperor's would just get replaced one-by-one by members of the Worst Generation like Blackbeard did with Whitebeard.

And what the hell did Luffy even do really? He destroyed a cake and ran away. He get's to be an Emperor for that? It feels like that reporter fake newsing him into a bigger story than he is for the sake of selling papers or something.

I mean, it's cool and all, but it feels unearned. I was expecting Luffy to take Shank's place.

Yeah, it's more like an unofficial title Morgans came up with
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Speaking of which...did I know Luffy's scar was from stabbing himself in the eye for funsies? Cause I didn't remember that.
    From what I remember, the manga starts with him insisting to his grandpa (Garp) that he wants to be a pirate, and after getting laughed at, cutting the scar into his eye to show how serious (and stupid) he is. That was apparently too edgy/imitatable for Nihon TV in 1999, so it was skipped over in the anime... until now, even if it was remixed into the shanks bar scene.

Can we get a count? I'm guessing this is the 6th time Luffy's / Shanks origin has been shown, and the third time its been re-animated.

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    From what I remember, the manga starts with him insisting to his grandpa (Garp) that he wants to be a pirate, and after getting laughed at, cutting the scar into his eye to show how serious (and stupid) he is. That was apparently too edgy/imitatable for Nihon TV in 1999, so it was skipped over in the anime... until now, even if it was remixed into the shanks bar scene.
    Cool. I'd always wondered.

Yeah, a nice episode and a half of reminiscing about something totally random. But at least we get to see some mariejoia action!
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I forgot how good (a character) Whitebeard was for how little screen time he ultimately got.

---

Is that...a giant straw hat in a freezer?

Also, was Dr. Kureha always voiced by Goku? I don't think I knew what Japanese Goku sounded like yet the first time I watched that arc.

---

Is that...a giant straw hat in a freezer?

Also, was Dr. Kureha always voiced by Goku? I don't think I knew what Japanese Goku sounded like yet the first time I watched that arc.
    Sounded the same to me, but then again this happened like... 15-16 years ago? Also, Wapol being a king again must be a random-as-fuck event for you non-manga readers.

Loving the Luffy fan-club, though.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Also, Wapol being a king again must be a random-as-fuck event for you non-manga readers.
    As a "read the manga after the anime" person, it seems random as fuck to me because last I read he was using his powers to make toys for children. But now is apparently an evil king again.

Yeah the chapter covers eventually had him climb from making toys to inventing wapo-metal (the same material Franky uses for his transforming mechs), to ultimately getting very rich and then basically buying an island to rule over.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

---

Sweet Iron Thone, brah.

I'll never get enough Edward Newgate, so I approve of this filler.

The flashbacks are filler, but everything else is canon
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

The flashbacks aren't even really filler, because they're all canon events. They're just canon events from earlier that weren't flashed back to in the manga here.

What? You telling me the Marine HQ battle for Ace's life was canon?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

So...since only, like, 3 of us here ever use the One Piece subforum anymore, I decided to do the same thing I did with Fairy Tail and make a thread in the main forum to try and get some more discussion going about One Piece.