Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 751-Current

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

One Piece 751-Current

Fillers are over. New arc starts here. So starting a new thread.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Not much to say about the episode. First half is just series recap. 2nd half, all they do is spot Zou. Neat that it's an elephant. Though "Island on the back of a giant animal" is hardly a new concept.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sun, 07-31-2016 at 12:48 AM.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    A new One Piece arc is always exciting for me. Full of new possibilities. Look forward to how they scale the giant beast. Also, looks like just about every old school pirate had fruitful loins. Newgate's 'son' is a new warlord? I have to wonder how that tidbit would be relevant to this arc?

I'm kind of annoyed that there's new Warlords honestly. It feels like it undoes all the progress Luffy made working his way through them.

Hopefully, in the wake of the Doflamingo disaster, they'll at least stop appointing new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    I'm kind of annoyed that there's new Warlords honestly. It feels like it undoes all the progress Luffy made working his way through them.

Hopefully, in the wake of the Doflamingo disaster, they'll at least stop appointing new ones.
    Well, of the current roster, the only remaining ones that are of any possible threat to Luffy are Weevil and Kuma. The rest are either secretly allied with the strawhats in some way or simply useless.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Who knows. It makes perfect sense a government would always quickly fill vacant slots. These guys aren't even really one of their own, they are just privateers fighting against other pirates. There must be many within the goverment who are happy no matter which side perishes, since a pirate dies in either case.

But yeah, Flamingo's case certainly should make them rethink a bit, tighten the leash.

I'm impressed. Buggy actually has a really good setup for himself. He thought up a way to use his army of guys that are secretly way stronger than him to real benefit.

Yeah, good for Buggy. I liked how his henchmen didn't want to reveal why some of his big earning mercs left (strawhat). Also, Burgess just marked the Revolutionary Army's HQ for Blackbeard. Thats gonna be some fight in another 150 episodes! Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    Yeah, good for Buggy. I liked how his henchmen didn't want to reveal why some of his big earning mercs left (strawhat). Also, Burgess just marked the Revolutionary Army's HQ for Blackbeard. Thats gonna be some fight in another 150 episodes! Can't wait.
    The henchmen was Mohji, from Buggy's original crew. You can see how they're all fat and lazy now, since they have their own army doing their bidding.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Mohji...rew_Feasts.png
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Well, they also have to actively avoid doing anything, or else people might realize how super-weak they are compared to their underlings.

I'm not super sure why Blackbeard would care about the Revolutionaries. The Revolutionaries goal is to overthrow the WG. Blackbeard wants to become King of the Pirates. Not really sure why those two groups would be enemies. If anything, the WG is also Blackbeard's enemy.

Well, they also have to actively avoid doing anything, or else people might realize how super-weak they are compared to their underlings.

I'm not super sure why Blackbeard would care about the Revolutionaries. The Revolutionaries goal is to overthrow the WG. Blackbeard wants to become King of the Pirates. Not really sure why those two groups would be enemies. If anything, the WG is also Blackbeard's enemy.
    Burgess did say that the revolutionaries have the stockpiles of weapons that were kept at Dressrosa, so that in itself might be good enough of a reason to attack.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

The Revolutionary Army isn't really doing overly good job if that big muscle brained man managed, while being wounded to boot, sneak aboard one of their ships and stay hidden all the way to the HQ. He can't exactly hide in a barrel, unless it's a barrel for giants.

As for why Blackbeard would be interested, it's of course for the fruit powers and physical possessions the revolutonaries would have amassed. Blackbeard can steal powers, after all, and stealing riches is pirates' main job.

Oh right. All that stuff.

Episode 753

- - - - - - -

At first I thought that elephant island has a curse going on, turning all visitors into furries possessed by some ancient personality, trying to achieve a who knows what task left unfinished. But I dropped that idea. It doesn't seem plausible, not to mention it would feel like a repetition of Moria's island. Why one of them would be wearing Nami's clothes (or Nami's lack of clothes) is still a valid question.

The first 2/3 of the episode was a disgrace. Zoro and Law got that right. Maybe I should drop the show for a year if the pace is going to be like that.

Yeah, people seemed surprised in this episode about things they shouldn't have been.

"She jumped in mid-air?!"

Yeah...Sanji can do that.

"Animal people?!"

Yeah! Chopper is that!

Seriously, wtf is wrong with them?

I got all excited about the prospect of a ninja. Then I remember what series this was and realized it's just going to end up being goofy and not cool at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    The first 2/3 of the episode was a disgrace. Zoro and Law got that right. Maybe I should drop the show for a year if the pace is going to be like that.
    Yeah, that was torture. But the joke with Zoro and Law almost made it pay off. It was also funny seeing rare display of emotion from Robin.

"Animal people?!"

Yeah! Chopper is that!
    Well, the animal people part is something weird that came up with Law's Bear, which sorta fell to the wayside until now. Chopper is a one-of-a-kind case in that he ate the Human fruit.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Well, the animal people part is something weird that came up with Law's Bear, which sorta fell to the wayside until now. Chopper is a one-of-a-kind case in that he ate the Human fruit.
    Except every other Zoan eater in the world in their middle form. How is a rabbit-girl and a (what is that, a fox?)-girl weird when you've met a man-deer, leopard-man, wolf-man, giraffe-man, falcon-man, mole-woman, etc.

Edit: I was just looking at the wiki entry for Zoans and didn't realize that in the last arc that the bee tontatta girl and the beetle tontatta guy were Zoan eaters. I thought they were just wearing bug outfits.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Mon, 08-22-2016 at 05:51 AM.

Episode 755

----------------------------

I'm guessing everyone in here got KO'ed by the kawaii desu desu yiffing from this episode.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I was a bit confused as to why Carrot was biting Luffy's ear, but it was cute nonetheless.

Anyway, I'm SUPER glad that Jack failed in his attempt to free Donflamingo. But I'm guessing for the sake of the plot that he's going to limp back here after his defeat there.

More intrigue. One piece is the only show I know of that can get away with so blatantly interrupting its own important plot revelation until the show thinks we're ready. It happened three times this episode alone, and each time was about as subtle as a train wreck.

Still, this is the most excited I've been about a One Piece arc since arriving in the New World. Fish man island, Punk Hazard, and Dressrosa didn't capture my attention like this.

Episode 756

- - -- - - - -

Somehow it wasn't hard at all to guess why Brook had such a terrible time in that town. When they told they only eat the meat of animals without fur, I thought maybe they tried to eat Momonosuke when he was in his lizard form. But apparently they are just old enemies with the samurai country or something. In any case, it seems like a blessing now those two samurai were delayed. And delayed.

Still, what happened to Sanji when a bunch of furry ladies tried to rub themselves against him? He's already more than used to men getting real close to him, so there's nothing surprising for him there.