Thread: Game: Final Fantasy XV

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar

Game: Final Fantasy XV

Anyone playing this? I honestly didn`t like it much at first, but I seem to be enjoying it a bit more, currently on chapter 4 and doing tons of side quests. Still light years better than XIII though.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Jounin
    My niece is playing it and she's about 30 hours in. Says not as good as Lightning Returns. I believe her. Since I did not like the Demo. I will buy after the new year for something to play over the next year in my spare time. Square just not as good as they use to be.

Waiting til 2018 for PC version.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Skill View Post
    My niece is playing it and she's about 30 hours in. Says not as good as Lightning Returns. I believe her. Since I did not like the Demo. I will buy after the new year for something to play over the next year in my spare time. Square just not as good as they use to be.
    Didn`t play Returns, XIII gave me cancer, is it good?
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Jounin
    Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    Didn`t play Returns, XIII gave me cancer, is it good?
    It is Linear but the end game was superb. Lightning Returns is the best of the 3 I think.

-Edit-

After reading this I may hold of on getting FFXV to see if this is actually real. It does say unofficial. FFXV does come in this package if it is indeed True.

http://www.gamingwithswag.com/blog/2...lection-leaked

I for one hope it is very True. To play all of them on PS4 including Lightning Return. Woohoo!

PLEASE GOD/KAMI SAMA/Creator LET THIS BE TRUE!
    Last edited by Shadow Skill; Wed, 12-14-2016 at 10:21 PM.

Jounin
    -Double Post-

I broke down and decided to buy FFXV.

It is kind of boring in I am 10 hours in and only level 12 with hardly any real advancement.

For any who are curious I am streaming my game play, here https://www.twitch.tv/jamiecchi

¿Someone gave the backstreet boys a bunch of swords, lots of MDMA, and let em loose?
    The path of excess leads to the tower of wisdom

Jounin
    Quote Originally Posted by Edort4 View Post
    ¿Someone gave the backstreet boys a bunch of swords, lots of MDMA, and let em loose?
    LOL!!! That's better than some I seen. Some compared them to the Jersey shore boys LOL.

I think Square keeps going for visually impressive RPGs instead of quality RPGs now. It's not bad but... Square really needs to revisit a lot of their older work like Final Fantasies 6-8.

So tedious and monotonous. I am a completionist.

Also bugs me that a person is forced to buy a $33 season pass. So that has me thinking wtf kind of updates is Square planning for FFXV? Oh well. Time to play more lol.

FFXV has some truly disturbing flaws that prevented it from being the epic game it was meant to be.

A) Chapter 13: Interesting (but ineffective) approach, over stays the hell out of its welcome.

B) Gameplay: Feels unpolished, this along with story are my biggest complaints. Enemies attack you with no prompt or pattern, there is no sense of progression through skill acquisition, the way you play on the tutorial is how you`ll play at the end. The camera is HORRENDOUS (adamantoise lol). There`s a gear option but you basically dont get any new armor? I never feel like I`m in control, I attack or counter and one of the bro`s suddenly join me for a cool team-up attack, awesome...?

C) Travelling: Special section since the game seem to focus on the car. This part bored the hell out of me and the only way i survived it was by playing on my 3DS while i wait 6 minutes to go from one point to the other (thank you, pokemon sun).

D) Story: Wow, this was the biggest missed opportunity, I feel like there are two huge issues with the story.

D-1) The way it was shown: A lot of important characters get glossed over, I honestly don`t even know who the leader of the empire is. Things kinda just happen and you`re supposed to read about it on a newspaper or listen to it on a radio on some random location? ridiculous.

D-2) Two big premises that don`t necessarily match: I feel like the story had two huge things that don`t necessarily mix and the narration suffered for it. It tries to be an epic story about what`s going on between Niff and Insomnia, it`s supposed to be Nocits` darkest moment but it`s also about some hardcore bromance?, it feels disconnected.*spoilers* I.E: Nooooooo, the empire killed my father, my loved one and destroyed my kingdom, *goes to save point*, Bwahahah! look at that picture of Noctis goofing off and tripping with a banana peel!

Game structure/progression: Was... questionable. You`re inmediately thrown into the world where there are too many (quite boring) side quests. Then the game shuts down and becomes a linear madness.

Overall I seriously expected more out of a Final Fantasy that`s been in development for 10 whole years. 5/10. Can we get a FF that doesn`t tries to be an ACTION rpg?

Still getting that crystal collection if the leak is true >.>
    Last edited by UChessmaster; Sun, 01-01-2017 at 02:31 AM.

Jounin
    Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    Still getting that crystal collection if the leak is true >.>
    Same and I hope it's true. I want nothing but to play Lightning Returns on PS4. LR is a really good RPG. Square fucked up and added that lame timer. If there was no timer it probably be as epic as FFVI and FFVII. Maybe FFXII:Zodiac Age might be worth checking out on PS4 too since it's that job class version I think.

I am hoping it's true.

-Edit-

Also the DLC weapon that comes with the game is the worst weapon ever, Masamune. The store/NPC weapons are superior, so far in to the game. Only chapter 3 but the weapons feel crappy.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    I personally love it. Like the action and exploring.Story could have been way better but then again this version has only been in development for 2 years so a lot couldn't make it.

Jounin
    I just jumped 40 levels 33 to 73 in a blink of an eye lol. Maybe now I can actually achieve something in Chapter 3.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCybercoin View Post
    I personally love it. Like the action and exploring.Story could have been way better but then again this version has only been in development for 2 years so a lot couldn't make it.
    That`s not really an excuse, the overall storyline and many many concepts have been done ages ago.

8 year old trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6At_bb1PNU

It`s kinda ridiculous that a game announced ten (TEN!!!!!) years ago turned out to be rushed.

Jounin
    Wasn't FFXV a side story to FFXIII or something before it was in development hell for 10 years?

On the same universe but unrelated otherwise

Jounin
    From the videos and FAQs I been reading. Seems like 70 % of the game is questing in Chapter 3. Quests and Side quests to build your characters. Level 75 and can go to level 77 and I have the Ultima blade and working towards earning AP. I can get up to 10AP a fight now just using Warp Strike over and over on the enemies. Maybe I broke the game I dunno lol.

Final Fantasy XV is officially an action game now. And I officially don't care anymore.

It might even be a good action game, but I still don't care. I want my JRPG back.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Final Fantasy XV is officially an action game now. And I officially don't care anymore.

It might even be a good action game, but I still don't care. I want my JRPG back.
    Wish granted.