Thread: Time to get rid of the specific anime/manga subforums?

Time to get rid of the specific anime/manga subforums?

Seriously, do we still need these at this point? Don't get me wrong, I still love talking about One Piece or Naruto or whatever, but those forums are dead. We don't even do individual threads for episodes/chapters anymore.

Those entire subforums get less activity than some standard anime threads in the general anime forum. I think it's time those series joined the rest of the general forum and were relegated to a single thread.

Hell, I think doing this would actually INCREASE the amount of discussion about those series, because I seriously think most users don't even bother to scroll down past the General Anime forum anymore.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    I have my doubts regarding spoilers though.
    And how many active members remain ?
    Even I become less and less active...

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

I'm sure there's some cleaning up that can be done. I'm personally very big on having things archived, so have to consider the best way to transition. Maybe we can move them as Sub-Forums under General Anime/Manga respectively (and lock it or some such, like read-only), and then simply have a general purpose thread in the main forum for discussing the series...

Not sure if that's the best way to go about it, but seems like a practical way to do it without losing content and not a high amount of work. If it all possible.

Or we could simply move the currently active mega threads to General Anime, which would leave all the old threads as they were in the original series specific forums, as an archive for anyone interested. In the end those mega threads are no different from the series threads in General Anime. Back in the heydays we used to have other threads in those forums (the most popular X, theory about Y, etc), but with our dwindling user count, such things haven't happened for a long time now. Possibly we ought to leave a redirect in the specific forums.

Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post
    I have my doubts regarding spoilers though.
    Not sure why. General Anime and General Manga are still separate forums. So manga spoilers shouldn't be an issue in the anime forums.