Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Name Change

Name Change

Can one of the Admins or Mods please change my name to Phoenix. I relize that Phoenix is already taken by someone, so can his account be deleted? My logic is this: I consider myself a good poster, and I'm involved in alot of the threads, where this guy hasnt showed up in over two years. I will be eternaly grateful to whoever can do this for me.

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

Name Change

i absolutely disagree with name changes idea

you got a name, i got a name, we both just arrived too late to get the exact version we wanted. Neither of us were smart enough to come up with a cooler sounding version of the name to work around the original already being taken. that's life.

besides, don't we already remember what happens when you just go deleting accounts? Whoever was Phoenix will have all his posts (and threads) deleted...

What if you disappear one day and come back two years later to find that someone else now has your name? (not that strong of an argument, but...)

besides, if I was a mod and gave you a name change, then can you imagine the number of people who would also come and request name changes? Granted, you do contribute a lot and I can't even recall the last time the original Phoenix was here... but I just don't agree with this idea...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Name Change

Well, its not like this hasnt happened before

http://forums.gotwoot.net/mess...GE=3&enterthread=y

complich8 had no preoblem giving name changes for a while (within reason). Anyway, the last time this guy showed up was September of 2003, and all the threads that he posted in were ether deleted by KRB's idiocy or just died over two years ago.

But I do understand a little about coming back and having a user name deleted and used by someone. How about sending him an e-mail and waiting about a week to see if he objects. That seems fair.

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

Name Change

at the same time as i see the point you make (about your name getting changed), i think that thread sorta shows how silly the entire name change process gets...

the problem really is that to just give you a name change and nobody else is pretty mean and unfair. If one member can do it, anyone should be able to. The problem is that people will start to change names so rapidly that there will be confusion in Quotes, older posts, quotes in older posts and whatnot. Besides, do I really want to go figuring out who is who after a radical name change? Not really...

guess we'll have to see what the GW administration decides on this one.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries

Name Change

(1) Only admins can change account names, or alter most other account details. Currently, the admin staff is me, ciber, wilik, and terra.
    (2) I don't, as a matter of policy, delete accounts. Ever. KRB's fuckup should tell you why.
    (3) The account "phoenix" has 293 posts. Because this account has posted before (and fairly extensively, at that), they've earned the right to their name. Even if it is unoriginal and conflicts with your own.
    (4) I'm not opposed to name changes, as long as they're not frequent. If you really really want to change your name to something unique, I'm willing to do it. But just because you're a self-described good poster doesn't mean I'm going to kick someone else off of the name you want. As a matter of policy, I won't, ever. It sets a bad precedent that I'm unwilling to set. Even if the last time they showed up was ages ago ... it doesn't matter.

So, long story short ... if you want a name change, I'm fine with it, and I'll do it within reason. But I will never, EVER move a person off of their name to give it to someone else, regardless of the circumstances. Especially when it's a name with a high collision rate (such as ... well ... phoenix, which matches 11 names on these forums). Sorry, that's just how it is.

If you want to pick another name ... maybe one with fewer numbers tacked on the end? Or l33t-ified (ie: ph0enix)? I could do that for you.

Name Change

Originally posted by: complich8
    If you want to pick another name ... maybe one with fewer numbers tacked on the end? Or l33t-ified (ie: ph0enix)? I could do that for you.
    That's alright. Those numbers accualy has some importance to me, and I hate dealing with those numbers replace letters usernames. I'll just suck it up and stop my bitching.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    probably for the best :-D

comp is so democratic and just

<3

I want my name changed to RyougaZell
    its my old account, of which I lost my pass =p
    and the email it had does not exist anymore =p

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    I've merged the two accounts for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by complich8
    I've merged the two accounts for ya.

Hey thanks a lot!!!

Well I have arrived at a point where my member name is unsightly to me now, seeing as how I've lost the hate for that little pig bastard. However, I've grown to like my acronym, and since I use it on irc, and in my sigwork I figure changing it to "IFHTT" would work. It shouldn't cause any confusion as most members address me as such (or tonton, which is still fine with me if thats what you prefer to call me) anymore anyways. Anyways if this wouldn't be too much trouble, I'd be really appreciative of the change. Thanks
    Last edited by IFHTT; Sat, 07-29-2006 at 07:59 PM.

Well if possible, I'd like a name change to LaZie since its simpler I guess as long as it isn't taken already.

Quote Originally Posted by IFingHateTonTon
    Well I have arrived at a point where my member name is unsightly to me now, seeing as how I've lost the hate for that little pig bastard. However, I've grown to like my acronym, and since I use it on irc, and in my sigwork I figure changing it to "IFHTT" would work. It shouldn't cause any confusion as most members address me as such (or tonton, which is still fine with me if thats what you prefer to call me) anymore anyways. Anyways if this wouldn't be too much trouble, I'd be really appreciative of the change. Thanks
    Why would you name yourself TonTon even after you're rid of his hate? Do you love him now?

Also remember your aunt "Oh TonTon loves us so much"

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

I don't want my name to be changed to tonton, I was just implying that if people like, and I know some probably will, they can still refer to me as tonton... <_<
    Last edited by IFHTT; Sat, 07-29-2006 at 11:45 PM.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    whatever...

Can I have my name changed to complich9?

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    nope. You fail.

Then can I have complich9?

Now on a serious note, can I get changed to just "Board"? My current name is stretching the margins of my post and is just too big and bulky. I was being an idiot when I made the account.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    that's .... so much less distinct!

I mean ... you're right, your name causes things to stretch ... but are you sure you'd be happy just being "board" ?

I'll do it if you want ... but I'd say that's a definite downgrade. What if we just made de-uppercased the BOARD? Probably unbreak the layout just with that...