Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Classroom of the Elite: Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Skill View Post
    I think the end of episode 3 is different and possibly a future scene. I think he had 86K or some points at the start of episode 3 when he purchased the point from the teacher for 10K, but then Horikita bought the point instead.
    But it has otherwise updated points for everyone else

Jounin
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    But it has otherwise updated points for everyone else
    Yes except that Horikita and Ayanokoji are the only two who saved their points. From the tests and everything. They in their 3rd month I think. The first month was 100,000 points. 2nd month nothing. Now this 3rd month has them dealing with Sudo who is an idiot and why Class C keeps picking fights with Sudo is beyond me. Why the only witness keeps running away at an Elite school also makes zero sense. All to keep them at zero points.

I do know that Ayanokoji does not have 8K points. They show his points pretty steady through out the episodes. Just wondering if maybe you misread the scene Kray?

- Edit -

Also forgot to mention that once the investigation is over, who ever lied or is at fault will lose their class score/points. I suspect this might be how class D reaches Class C and Class C goes to class D. That part is intriguing to me. The end credits show both classes as undetermined I think it was.

I do know that Ayanokoji does not have 8K points. They show his points pretty steady through out the episodes. Just wondering if maybe you misread the scene Kray?
    Nope,

EP3 @ 22:33 - 10561
    EP4 @ 07:12 - 82235
    EP4 @ 22:33 - 8320

After EP3, I thought he spent most of his money to get test answers etc.

Nope,

EP3 @ 22:33 - 10561
    EP4 @ 07:12 - 82235
    EP4 @ 22:33 - 8320

After EP3, I thought he spent most of his money to get test answers etc.
    I'm quite positive the 7:12 amount is wrong, an animation mistake. He's lost a shit ton of money recently getting the test and helping the other dude to not get expelled.

Episode 5 is out...

Still very much hate that we're in this mini-arc for some reason, and it'll be extended into next episode. That said, this episode was better than the last one by a lot, but not near what was promised when this series began. Hope we'll see better in the coming episodes, though not holding my breath on the next episode in particular.

Jounin
    Starting to feel like torture watching this anime. This is a school for the Elite, not "OMG we started a fight and lost and are now crying" wth... I had high hopes for this show. Is this gonna go down a MOE path?

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu View Post
    Episode 5 is out...

Still very much hate that we're in this mini-arc for some reason

That´s exactly my big problem right now ... WHY are we in this, as you call it, mini-arc? I want to follow Ayanokouji as he continues to figure out the school´s system and mystery´s and helps his class to progress.

Sure, they might throw in a twist at the end of this mini-arc that leads to the above, but so far there´s nothing but a filler-ish sidestory.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    I've settled into what I feel is the "rhythm" of this show and have accepted its weight. For example, the ideas of "prostitution for points" and other extreme possibilities have been generally unexplored in favor of a more mundane political game of sorts. This is also due to the safeguards built into the system like free vegetarian food and so on. Once I accepted that, I found this to be more acceptable to watch instead of being too let down by the lofty premise established in the first episode. Main character remains the best aspect of the show, and I suppose I owe it to the proliferation of tired anime cliches that them being quickly broken is so satisfying to me.

Jounin
    Enjoyable episode. A few more paths have opened up story wise. I hope they all get resolved. I hope this show is popular in Japan.

I like that Class D and Class C have joined as allies for mutual benefit, which will ultimately pit them against Classes A and B. Ichinose is smart, and probably the leader of their class the same way Ayanokouji, Kushida, and Horikita are for Class D.

Their teacher also called out Horikita for not getting what her problem is, without actually saying it. She doesn't make friends or allies because she thinks she doesn't need them to succeed and work around her own weaknesses. Ayanokouji does. That's why he recruited Ichinose for mutual benefit. That's why he keeps Kushida as an active participant. He's even misleading others into thinking Horikita has their interests in mind.

Ayanokouji's problem is he has no pride, that's why he hides his full capabilities. Ninja style.

What a shit episode.

The clichee as fuck one-dimensional stalker was bad enough. Only existing to force an also terribly clichee rape-attempt scene.

Shizuku is dumb as fuck. "Oh, I´m being followed. Better leave that lively area and go into a more quiet, darker place." :|

What´s the deal with that ridiculous negroe hitman? (It´s not my intention to be racist, quite the opposite: This guy´s depiction is racist as fuck)

And last but not least: So now Ayanokouji is the result of some secret experiment on kids? Uhuh. Should I expect Albert Wesker in the upcoming episodes?

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    I like that Class D and Class C have joined as allies for mutual benefit, which will ultimately pit them against Classes A and B. Ichinose is smart, and probably the leader of their class the same way Ayanokouji, Kushida, and Horikita are for Class D.

Their teacher also called out Horikita for not getting what her problem is, without actually saying it. She doesn't make friends or allies because she thinks she doesn't need them to succeed and work around her own weaknesses. Ayanokouji does. That's why he recruited Ichinose for mutual benefit. That's why he keeps Kushida as an active participant. He's even misleading others into thinking Horikita has their interests in mind.

Ayanokouji's problem is he has no pride, that's why he hides his full capabilities. Ninja style.
    Wait, when did Class D and Class C join as allies?

Seems more like Class D is getting help from Class B if anything via Ichinose and others that are friendly with her.

Maybe I forgot what class she's in!

Other than the stalker scene, this ep was great.

Episode 7...

Yikes, what a shit episode. Not sure what happened to this series at all. Hope it gets back on track, and by that I mean back to the first couple of episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu View Post
    Yikes, what a shit episode. Not sure what happened to this series at all.
    That's what I thought about this episode by the halfway point, but in the second half, it started to rebuild itself. This was an episode about forcing Horikita to engage with the rest of her classmates. Her primary weakness is isolating herself. Reiterated by her brother as well as her classmates. So, she was informed about an issue that might harm her class. She dealt with it, but also was forced to spend some time with her classmates and start developing her own Class D clique.

She's making progress. She's also not clueless to the fact that Kushida secretly hates her. This episode might have been fanservice, but it builds on the important core concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    That's what I thought about this episode by the halfway point, but in the second half, it started to rebuild itself. This was an episode about forcing Horikita to engage with the rest of her classmates. Her primary weakness is isolating herself. Reiterated by her brother as well as her classmates. So, she was informed about an issue that might harm her class. She dealt with it, but also was forced to spend some time with her classmates and start developing her own Class D clique.

She's making progress. She's also not clueless to the fact that Kushida secretly hates her. This episode might have been fanservice, but it builds on the important core concepts.
    I got all that, I just don't think that they needed a convoluted stupid peeping scheme (particularly in this Elite school) to get that point across.

Rather than this peeping stealth operation nonsense, I'd have perfered more fanservice.

That EP was horrible even by that standard.

Jounin
    Rather than this peeping stealth operation nonsense, I'd have perfered more fanservice.

That EP was horrible even by that standard.
    Agreed, was not that great of an episode. I see they used it to set the stage for the Class C goons.

Episode 8 is out...

Won't really complain much on this episode, but it just felt like another waste. Nothing new other than a scene or two of significance. This feels like it should've occurred in episode 7.

Pacing issues aside, we're going into a clear Lord of the Flies situation now, which can be interesting to see, but a bit cautious. We'll see.