Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime: Tensei shitara Slime datta Ken

Quote Originally Posted by fireheart View Post
    But kinda like what I asked in another thread long ago, just what are were you expecting from this show? I certainly didn't expect anything more than just a for fun show + some action out of Slime based of the first episodes and that's what I've got.
    Season 1 was a lighthearted, but grounded medieval fantasy SimCity. I liked that. Most of what we saw made sense, and the show avoided any moral dilemmas to keep it "clean".

Then comes season 2. Mylan was a lazily written character. The plan to rile up the army against Tempest was lazy. The three evil otherworlders were lazily written. Then Tempest people die, but instantly: "I've heard of a way to ressurrect people!". Then, and this is where I snapped, Rimuru immediately agrees to killing 20000 people. Then after he does, no remorse at all. Then a super strong demon is summoned that apparently was introduced in some OVA and that killed the only remaining "strong" human enemy, the wizard that took over the, already, meaningless otherworlder. This is where I started calling this "full-Overlord", which some people her still refuse to understand why. And now Milim destroys entire landscapes and it's highly unlikely that she'll see any just punishment for what she did. None of that is "grounded" anymore like season 1. It's bs contrievance after bs contrievance and our "hero" has lost all of his empathy for those that aren't his close friends. I expected more season 1. What I got was every other cheap isekai anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Why exactly would she be attacking the Beast Kingdom if she didn't have any reason for it? Are you saying Milim attacking the place just for laughs, still giving them a whole week to evacuate before the attack, would be better writing? Now it looks like she's manipulated, but maybe she's not and there's some other reason. She's a bloody demon lord, so I don't quite know why you think Milim attacking some place would be so outrageous anyway.
    Kraco, I dont care about "why". I care about "so what?". What will be the consequences of her ENORMOUS evil doings? I'd actually prefer if she was doing it just for shits and giggles, because then there'd be no excuse and she surely would receive punishment. But the way it's done ... no casualties, probably manipulated ... yeah, Rimuru will "save" her and she'll even be presented as the victim of whoever manipulated her. And that's shit writing.

Where does it stop? Maybe the one who's manipulating her was being manipulated by someone else? Maybe that somebody was a victim of his upbringing? Does free will exist?! Duh ...!11

Can you imagine watching Record of Lodoss War, someone destroying a town, and everyone being like "oh you, pinky promise that you wont do it again, ok?" ? :/

"But that's not the type of story this is lol, your expectation is off" - "Shit" is not a type of story ...

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Kraco, I dont care about "why". I care about "so what?". What will be the consequences of her ENORMOUS evil doings? I'd actually prefer if she was doing it just for shits and giggles, because then there'd be no excuse and she surely would receive punishment. But the way it's done ... no casualties, probably manipulated ... yeah, Rimuru will "save" her and she'll even be presented as the victim of whoever manipulated her. And that's shit writing.
    What consequences could there be? I already said so earlier, but the worst that could happen to Milim is a strained relationship with Rimuru. That's it. She was doing just fine before meeting Rimuru, she would do fine after. There's nobody above the demon lords in that world, so nothing official can happen to her either way, whether she's manipulated or not. Even in our world, ever since Russia annexed Crimea, sure, the ordinary Russian man and women might be somewhat inconvenienced by the various sanctions, but Putin himself and his family/underlings have continued to make billions and nobody can still afford to look down on him, the despot of a nuclear powerhouse country. That's all. There simply can't be any consequences, neither for Putin nor Milim.

I don't know if you are looking for some kind of justice, but that exists even less in RL than it does in fiction, so while the audience loves to see it in fiction, it's actually more realistic if a punishment doesn't happen after the crime. The best we ought to expect is indeed that "why".

Let's also not forget that Milim's fame began with destroying a whole prosperous country, with a good portion of its population. The other peoples in that world, who know any history, should rather be asking who's next. They probably were. That's what Milim is.

Why exactly would she be attacking the Beast Kingdom if she didn't have any reason for it?
    My current theory: Clayman has an ability that lets him control Demon Lords.

He already controls Millim and Frey. And he sent them to capture Carrion. And it's why he set Rimuru up to become a Demon Lord.

What consequences could there be?
    Well, she could die, or be sealed away like Veldora, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Season 1 was a lighthearted, but grounded medieval fantasy SimCity. I liked that. Most of what we saw made sense, and the show avoided any moral dilemmas to keep it "clean".

Then comes season 2. Mylan was a lazily written character. The plan to rile up the army against Tempest was lazy. The three evil otherworlders were lazily written. Then Tempest people die, but instantly: "I've heard of a way to ressurrect people!". Then, and this is where I snapped, Rimuru immediately agrees to killing 20000 people. Then after he does, no remorse at all. Then a super strong demon is summoned that apparently was introduced in some OVA and that killed the only remaining "strong" human enemy, the wizard that took over the, already, meaningless otherworlder. This is where I started calling this "full-Overlord", which some people her still refuse to understand why. And now Milim destroys entire landscapes and it's highly unlikely that she'll see any just punishment for what she did. None of that is "grounded" anymore like season 1. It's bs contrievance after bs contrievance and our "hero" has lost all of his empathy for those that aren't his close friends. I expected more season 1. What I got was every other cheap isekai anime.
    I mostly skimmed through the episodes so can't speak of the specifics but never felt like it went "full-Overlord", since Overlord is closer to being edgy for the sake of being edgy while this still keeps a lot of the lightheartedness from the first season. For me the show is just some turn off your brain and go with it kind of show, if you feel differently then that's fine.
    You are here alone again
    In your sweet insanity
    All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
    Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
    When all the world turns away to leave you lonely

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    My current theory: Clayman has an ability that lets him control Demon Lords.
    We don't actually know to what degree he's controlling Milim. She didn't seem like a puppet during the fight scene, plus it's difficult to believe she would have got her heart stolen and then blackmailed like Myulan. Of course there are still all kinds of methods to force, compel, or manipulate someone to do something they wouldn't normally do. Still, there's also the possibility Milim is doing it for reasons she deems necessary, even if she isn't happy about it.

Just to clear suspicions, the manga hasn't yet covered this particular question (it's not actually that much ahead anymore), so I'm as clueless as anyone who hasn't read the novel.

Well, she could die, or be sealed away like Veldora, obviously.
    Since most demon lords aren't sealed away, or dead, we ought to assume powerful individuals are generally speaking, most of the time, relatively safe from harm. Someone already wondered how the human countries can even exist in that world with demon lords like that around, plus monsters like Veldora. It's a good question.

She didn't seem like a puppet during the fight scene, plus it's difficult to believe she would have got her heart stolen and then blackmailed like Myulan.
    I don't think it's that ability. I think it's a different one that ONLY works on Demon Lords. Cause it seems like Clayman orchestrated Rimuru becoming a Demon Lord and I don't why he would want that.

Someone already wondered how the human countries can even exist in that world with demon lords like that around, plus monsters like Veldora. It's a good question.
    Because sometimes there are humans like Hinaa and Shizue's master who can kill or seal them.

Any info about how important this Diary-spinoff series is?

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

Wait, series? Huh.

---

I guess this is just the lighthearted city building stuff. But they picked an annoying place to put it. An annoying cliffhanger.

It's also flashback, because it's pre-human attack.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Tue, 04-06-2021 at 04:02 PM.

I didn't get bored watching this first ep, but who knows how it will be in the future. Perhaps if it keeps steadily adding characters from the big gallery, it can keep going. Just waiting for Milim can boost my interest.

At first I was like "Oh no, a recap episode." But it wasn't that.

I am curious if this is, like, filler, or if it's just stuff from the LN that was skipped over originally because it wasn't plot relevant.

It could be is one of the several spinoff mangas.

There's even one which is a straight-up spoiler for the entire novel published to date, but it is not this one.

Nikki 02

-- - - --

Whenever a scene like that arrives, like the dryad, Trainee, complaining about why she wasn't invited for the gardening event, I'm reminded of the scene in the Lord of the Rings movies, where Merry and Pippin found plenty of tobacco leaves from Saruman's stash. They pondered if they should share some with Treebeard as well. They came to the conclusion not, because, for all they know, the tobacco plant might be Treebeard's distant relative.

I was thinking the same.

"We didn't invite cause we were planting plants we intend to cut down in 6 months."

Nikki 03

- -- --

Yeah, I don't think the ordinary slimes would be too jolly company for Rimuru in the long run. Literally brainless creatures.

Nikki 04

- - - - - -

So lethargic. Nothing interesting happened in the whole episode. Gobuta getting his ass kicked ten times doesn't really amuse me that much. I hope Milim will appear soon.

So lethargic. Nothing interesting happened in the whole episode.
    Pretty sure that's the point of this entire season.

Pretty sure that's the point of this entire season.
    You are probably right. I'm fairly certain Milim won't change anything, either, and I will be disappointed.

I mean, you shouldn't be disappointed, because those should be your expectations.

This season is based on a spinoff series of the books that just focuses on daily life in Jura. Nothing important is going to happen.

Episode 6

- -- -

Finally Milim will appear in episode 7. It was a long wait. I hope her eps will be funny, at least.
    Last edited by Kraco; Tue, 05-11-2021 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Added episode number for the sake of discussion, which I didn't anticipate.

It's weird this show trying to portray Clayman that way after what he's done in the main series...