Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime: Tensei shitara Slime datta Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    Ramiris is so stupid for how apparently powerful she claims to be. No reason to not believe her either, she is a true demon lord and Veladora knows her.
    You shouldn't insult Great Detective Ramiris so casually. Surely she's not stupid, the others just can't fathom the true depth of her wisdom and insight.

Ramiris isn't any stupider than Milim.

I'm close to dropping this anime :/ Is this the last season or is it longer than that?

Between everything that happens being so predictable and boring, and Rimuru laughing and acting cheerful when he's not a good guy - this has become a hard watch.

Also:

Rimuru could just fly to the Animal Kingdom and save people ... take Veldora with him, too ...

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Rimuru could just fly to the Animal Kingdom and save people ... take Veldora with him, too ...
    He needs to attend the Walpurgis. The timing looks like anything but a coincidence. Clayman is preparing to have his troops attack while Rimuru must attend the demon lord meeting to defend himself.

Rimuru laughing and acting cheerful when he's not a good guy - this has become a hard watch.
    Even if he wasn't a good guy, why shouldn't he be cheerful? He's winning right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    He needs to attend the Walpurgis.
    He doesn't NEED to. It's not like he was summoned, or even invited.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    He doesn't NEED to. It's not like he was summoned, or even invited.
    I guess that's true, technically. Though when he knows Clayman is there, at least is supposed to be, accusing him of all kinds of things, he would want to be there. Otherwise he might as well admit Clayman's claims are correct. He also declared himself a demon lord, and Walpurgis is a gathering of demon lords. Which choice would give him better chances of stopping Clayman's plans and counterattack? Not that he would know all of Clayman's plans. He doesn't even know why Milin seems to be cooperating with Clayman.

You know, it doesn't need to be Rimuru. He could send Veldora to protect the Animal Kingdom. Have others board on his back to make sure he doesn't go overboard.

There's zero reason to just accept the innocent civilians die. Another of Rimuru's "not the good guy"-scenes, albeit it's more stupid, considering NOBODY there sees the obvious way to send help.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Even if he wasn't a good guy, why shouldn't he be cheerful? He's winning right now.
    The series is presenting him in the way of "being the good guy" and that's hard to watch. Imagine watching, say, Braveheart, but the English sodiers are being presented as good guys, in a lighthearted way right after raping and murdering Mel Gibson's wife. It's infuriating.

Rimuru's plan was always to kill Clayman for the orchestration and manipulation that lead to his country being invaded twice (orcs and then the humans), and attacked numerous other times.

The news that Ramiris brought alters the plan timeline. Tempest has to act quicker, and Rimuru needs to defend himself politically so the other demon lords don't ally together to wipe him off the map because of Clayman's bullshit testimony about Mjurran. That means splitting up. Veladora is the best candidate to protect the civilians in case this is also a feint, and it also keeps the recently revived terror of the forest from looking like he's going on a rampage across the continent. Shizu's master sealed him once, why would they want that attention again?

Rimuru is also aware that there's someone else manipulating things behind the scenes, setting Hinata after him, which created the opportunity for Clayman to set up the attack from the humans and the Church.

Rimuru suspects who betrayed him though he doesn't know the why. The audience on the other hand has had it confirmed who it is, but we also do not know the why.

Clayman is a former Clown Pervert, who is trying to rise and take the place of his former demon lord, Kazaream, who Kagurazaka Yuuki has reincarnated as a homunculus in a blonde elf secretary body in order to control indebt the remainder of the Clown Perverts to him and use them to manipulate all sorts of shit. (minor edit here)

Clayman thinks his former peers work for him, but they don't.
    The series is presenting him in the way of "being the good guy" and that's hard to watch. Imagine watching, say, Braveheart, but the English sodiers are being presented as good guys, in a lighthearted way right after raping and murdering Mel Gibson's wife. It's infuriating.
    So you're still upset that Rimuru decided to slaughter an invading army that had every intention of enslaving or killing every resident and stealing their land and resources for themselves in order to maintain their trade route monopoly that every nation around them despises them for? A country who's shadow leaders were all racists and child harvesting murderers in order to prolong their life span and gain personal power?

Got it.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Thu, 07-29-2021 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    I guess that's true, technically. Though when he knows Clayman is there, at least is supposed to be, accusing him of all kinds of things, he would want to be there. Otherwise he might as well admit Clayman's claims are correct.
    Not if he takes out Clayman in the next 3 days.

So you're still upset that Rimuru decided to slaughter an invading army that had every intention of enslaving or killing every resident and stealing their land and resources for themselves in order to maintain their trade route monopoly that every nation around them despises them for? A country who's shadow leaders were all racists and child harvesting murderers in order to prolong their life span and gain personal power?
    He certainly seems to be.

I know *I'd* be in a good mood if I'd just wiped out my own personal invading Nazi army.

Got it.
    Why, yes. And now the series nonchalantly continues this bs. It's funny that you mock me here, because it seems to be the same that goes on for you and Bokutachi Remake. Only that my reason to hate Rimuru is justified.

@Darth: Rimuru would be the nazis. The Falthum soldiers weren't bad people, they were lead by people with questionable motives, but even then: Trying to rid of monsters that rose to power? From humans' perspective pretty reasonable. The only evil people were the 3 otherworlders and that bodyswitching mage. The king was more a coward than evil. And what did Rimuru do? Literally eradicate all these soldiers. Even if Falmuth was attacking purely out of evil, the soldiers wouldn't be. That's like claiming all German WW2 soldiers hated jews and wanted the holocaust. That's bs, obviously.

We've talked enough about this topic, though. If you think, Rimuru is a good guy, that's your prerogative. I dislike him and his relaxed, cheerful attitude.

It's real odd that you keep forgetting the Leader of the Falmuth Knights, who was working with the mage and modestly irked that his latest chance to absorb powers from one the otherworlders was taken away. But shrugged it off because he'll just kill and steal powers from the next kid they summoned. "They're just materials."

You keep projecting that all the soldiers were innocent when we were shown that they weren't.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Thu, 07-29-2021 at 07:21 PM.

@Darth: Rimuru would be the nazis.
    Uh, no. The racist army marching to commit genocide was the Nazi army.

What Rimuru did was the Allies nuking the Axis powers. Only even more justified since Rimuru didn't kill civilians.

The Falthum soldiers weren't bad people, they were lead by people with questionable motives
    Literally the Nazi argument of "just following orders".

Trying to rid of monsters that rose to power? From humans' perspective pretty reasonable.
    Right, from the racist human perspective.

You notice none of the NON-racist, NON-genocidal human kingdoms are having these problems with the monster kingdom?

That's like claiming all German WW2 soldiers hated jews and wanted the holocaust. That's bs, obviously.
    Not according to international law. If you participate in war crimes, you're guilty of them, whether you agreed with them or not.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Thu, 07-29-2021 at 07:40 PM.

I seem to recall the Falmuth army was largely made of mercenaries. So, great many of the ordinary soldiers would have calculated the risks in participating in the unprovoked, offensive war. It's unknown how many of the grunts would have been conscripts, if any, unless I'm totally forgetting a scene revealing such a detail. Of course, considering the size of the army, it's quite possible many of the men were total noobs and this would have been their first battle of any sort, but they would have still decided to join the war on their own. If there were forcefully drafted people, well, it's tough luck in a tough world, but at least the remaining family members can count it a blessing that the sacrifices weren't in vain: The corrupt king and government are to be replaced by a hero, who's bringing new trade deals with him. I reckon the war reparations will be mostly shouldered by the (former) king's treasury and nobles (not counting the collaborating ones who are to be a part of Rimuru's plan).

---

Hah. Get fucked strategic level. Army teleportation.

The bigger move was that he swiped all the citizens that Clayman wanted to slaughter, and has them safely secured as refugees, protected by Veladora.

Clayman can't complete his objective to ascend anymore, and he doesn't even know it.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I thought all the Ogres were supposed to be extinct save for the hand of 8 or so who fought, then joined Rimuru and went on to become Kijin.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I thought all the Ogres were supposed to be extinct save for the hand of 8 or so who fought, then joined Rimuru and went on to become Kijin.
    I didn't even remember such a detail, but it would actually make more sense if all the ogres in the world didn't live in a single village. Maybe some of the ogres scattered here and there moved to the Tempest city eventually, after hearing about its greatness.

Yeah, I think it was just Shion's village that was destroyed. That doesn't mean all ogres everywhere.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Fine, let's go with that. I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case, but let's go with that.

Then the next strange thing is that they're still ogres. That means Rimuru didn't bother naming them - because ogres that he did name all became Kijin.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Then the next strange thing is that they're still ogres. That means Rimuru didn't bother naming them - because ogres that he did name all became Kijin.
    That's the most realistic thing. Imagine having to name hundreds of people, then thousands of people. If it's just a few individuals that matter, it's perhaps easy enough by giving them names from Earth (or some other names that are meaninful for some reason, such as names from your favourite fictional novel), but if we move on to huge throngs, it will just lead to gobuta, gobuko, goburi, goburu, gobumi, etc. You aren't doing anyone any favours anymore, at that point.