Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime: Tensei shitara Slime datta Ken

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Yeah but...there was only a lack of magicules because the author wrote one in. If he hadn't written in the magicule absense, he wouldn't have had to write in two unnecessary characters.
    Yep, which is why in the previous post I wrote "...that's pure writer's discretion by that point. I figure in part was to show that Rimuru was willing to sacrifice his lifeline to bring his people back if needed be..."

I guess it could also be used to show that the demons he summoned, for one reason or another, had his complete loyalty, or that the Primordial is able to discard other demons loyal to him (presumably) at will.

But in the grand scheme of things, don't think it matters much... quite an arbitrary event.

The demon scenes of this event are just poorly written everywhere.

For a series as tightly written as Slime is, where events are referenced and foreshadowed throughout the past two seasons, all tying back together neatly, or setting up things for later, the demon stuff this episode stands out because it is isn't implemented well, and feels welded on.

I wouldn't put much more thought into it, it really is author oversight.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu View Post
    I guess it could also be used to show that the demons he summoned, for one reason or another, had his complete loyalty, or that the Primordial is able to discard other demons loyal to him (presumably) at will.
    I'd say that was the exact reason and, in fact, it does matter. The primordial demon has quite a bit of catching up to do, being a new character halfway through the second season. Things like aiding Rimuru to perform a big task like the resurrection is a solid way to make the primordial demon matter at all, not be forgotten immediately.

---

It bothers me that everyone supposedly evolved but they didn't give us a rundown of everyone's evolutions. If they hadn't said they evolved, I wouldn't have been able to tell. Not like the first round of evolutions. Hell, Diablo just changed clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post

---

It bothers me that everyone supposedly evolved but they didn't give us a rundown of everyone's evolutions. If they hadn't said they evolved, I wouldn't have been able to tell. Not like the first round of evolutions. Hell, Diablo just changed clothes.
    Yeah, I'm not sure if visually anything changed... I didn't care to compare.

At least Veldora is out now, we'll see how that develops. Tempest is a powerhouse.

Was cool to see how dangerous Milim can be. Also, is Clayman aware that he helped fuel Rimuru's evolution to Demon Lord? Anyways, looks like the first cour is over.

I thought the comedy in this episode was better than much of what they've done before, the interaction with Raphael and Benimaru were good.

Yeah, Raphael got jokes now. Dunno what that is.

Also, hell yeah Veldora is out! Now we can see him be tsundere to Rimuru in person!

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I find him weird as a young dude. He's developed a personal as a growly macho dude in maybe his 50s.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I find him weird as a young dude. He's developed a personal as a growly macho dude in maybe his 50s.
    Yeah, but, we've seen what being blessed by Rimuru does to you. That white haired gobbo use to be an old man. The old swornsoni used to be a much older dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Isn't Veldora young by Dragon standards? I mean, Milim is much older I reckon, albeit being a Demon Lord.

Isn't Veldora young by Dragon standards? I mean, Milim is much older I reckon, albeit being a Demon Lord.
    Huh. I'd have thought Veldora is older. Milim is a daughter of a dragon. Are you sure Veldora isn't from the same period as Milim's old man?

I hope Rimuru won't ever need to fight Diablo. A demon doesn't seem like the most trustworthy ally. Now he's even more powerful than he used to be.

I like how Rimuru is like "I named him after the devil, but also a car."

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Huh. I'd have thought Veldora is older. Milim is a daughter of a dragon. Are you sure Veldora isn't from the same period as Milim's old man?

I hope Rimuru won't ever need to fight Diablo. A demon doesn't seem like the most trustworthy ally. Now he's even more powerful than he used to be.
    Didn't they say that Veldora was like from 400 years ago (unless that means when he was sealed, and not relative to his age)... and Milim from the fable was thousands of years ago?

I know Ryll made mention earlier in the thread, I'll look it up and edit.

Edit: Well, I went to do a quick rewatch of the fable, and doesn't seem they mention how long ago that was (but I only did a quick look, might've missed it)... but since it's something obscure that happened long ago, and few know about it, it's safe to assume that it goes beyond the lifetime of most around. Particularly, Veldora is the dragon these "modern" people seem to fear and recall, and I do think we have a time frame from when he was active. But then again, don't know how OLD he is. But I was under the impression that he's a more recent dragon.

Regardless, point stands that Milim has been around for a long ass time a looks like a little kid. Whether that'd be because she's part dragon or a Demon Lord, can't tell.
    Last edited by Munsu; Wed, 03-31-2021 at 02:52 PM.

Earlier seasons Munsu.

Milim is thousand(s) of years old.

Veladora was sealed by Shizue's mentor 300 years ago (episode 1, from Veladora himself) and Shizue was around for many, many decades as the flame hero.

So born thousand(s) years ago versus sealed for hundreds of years.

We have no idea how old Veladora actually is. He calls himself one of the only four "True Dragons" though. So I would guess, following fantasy tropes, he's been around since the creation of the world. Or immediately following the Age of Gods or some shit. Really long time, maybe, but not confirmed, to be older than Milim. Or...it's the other way around.

But he's always been a bit of a lonely dork after being sealed away in solitude for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    Earlier seasons Munsu.

Milim is thousand(s) of years old.

Veladora was sealed by Shizue's mentor 300 years ago (episode 1, from Veladora himself) and Shizue was around for many, many decades as the flame hero.

So born thousand(s) years ago versus sealed for hundreds of years.

We have no idea how old Veladora actually is. He calls himself one of the only four "True Dragons" though. So I would guess, following fantasy tropes, he's been around since the creation of the world. Or immediately following the Age of Gods or some shit. Really long time, maybe, but not confirmed, to be older than Milim. Or...it's the other way around.

But he's always been a bit of a lonely dork after being sealed away in solitude for so long.
    OK, so he may very well be older than Milim then as you say, which could also make sense if he's one of four True Dragons. I stand corrected on that regard.

But the point remains that Milim is very old, and still looks quite young.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    The point being that Veldora sounds old in his dragon form, but now looks and sounds like a 20yo.

I checked old eps. I was mistaken. He just sounded a little deep with reverb and grand. But he didn't sound old.

It's like if Milim in dragon form sounds like a cat lady - equally jarring.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Thu, 04-01-2021 at 03:27 AM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Let me guess: Milim will be forgiven all the death and destruction at the end of this arc just because Rimuru is friends with her. 🤷*♀️

I really hate the entitlement to moral superiority in this anime.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Let me guess: Milim will be forgiven all the death and destruction at the end of this arc just because Rimuru is friends with her. ��*♀️

Don't worry, they made sure to hint at the fact that no one died because they singlehandedly evacuated the whole nation/faction before the fight.
    Obviously, Tempest is much better organized than the EU and can give hundreds of thousands refugees a proper home within a week.

So no harm done.

Let me guess: Milim will be forgiven all the death and destruction at the end of this arc just because Rimuru is friends with her. ��*♀️

Who needs to forgive her? I'm not sure she requires anyone's forgiveness. Perhaps she would be sad or annoyed if her lost the opportunity to visit Jura Tempest again, but I doubt she has overly much use for the Beast Kingdom. However, she didn't attack Jura Tempest, so it's okay. If it turns out Clayman somehow controlled her, Rimuru will be the first one to ignore her recent actions.

Who died?

Who died?
    Probably nobody because of the bad, convenient writing of this anime.

And destroying an entire city? "Teehee, whoopsie!" - "Oh you, Milim"

:/

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court