Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime: Tensei shitara Slime datta Ken

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Probably nobody because of the bad, convenient writing of this anime.
    So... you based your conclusions on fictitious imaginary events. Got it.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    You know a joke went on long enough when even the characters in the show complain that they 'dont have time for this'. Sorry Shion, about your cooking... I didn't know Benimaru was the prankster type. It takes a sage level ability to say 'he made me say it' in anime.

I guess it was Raphael exclusively talking to Diablo last episode if Rimuru doesn't even remember him.

...Not much to talk about or interpret this episode. Millium is strong and that wasn't even her final form. I hope Clayman bit off more than he could chew. If valdora comes out, will that reduce Rimuru's power? I always understood that his super abilities came from having Valdora inside of himself (and being named by him).
    Last edited by neflight86; Thu, 04-01-2021 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    I guess it was Raphael exclusively talking to Diablo last episode if Rimuru doesn't even remember him.
    I would've thought that he made the choice for the Gluttony evulotion himself and not Raphael, but he doesn't seem to remember even that. He was probably out of it then regardless, but yeah confirmation that Skynet, I mean Raphael, was talking to Diablo throughout all of it.

Let me guess: Milim will be forgiven all the death and destruction at the end of this arc just because Rimuru is friends with her.

I really hate the entitlement to moral superiority in this anime.
    I'm sorry, but statements like this are just stupid at this point.

We said the same thing after Jura Tempest was attacked. Even I said it. And then Rimuri killed 20 thousand people...

Will he forgive Milim? Probably. But you don't get to say "moral superiority in this anime" anymore after what they JUST did.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Obviously, Tempest is much better organized than the EU and can give hundreds of thousands refugees a proper home within a week.
    To be fair, they are beast people. They can probably survive fine in the forest till houses are made.

"hundreds of thousands" is also likely a huge exaggeration. Just because it's a kingdom doesn't mean it has a ton of people. Jura only has, like, a couple thousand people. Hell, I think they said Milim doesn't have ANY subjects.

That's an extremely manageable number of refugees for people with magic and a week to work with.

I'm more worried about the impact on Jura's booze production.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Thu, 04-01-2021 at 12:18 PM.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    If valdora comes out, will that reduce Rimuru's power? I always understood that his super abilities came from having Valdora inside of himself (and being named by him).
    It was all the naming. Veldora was sealed.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I seem to remember that a lot of Rimuru's..."presence" came from people sensing Veldora's presence inside him.

Now that Rimuru is a Demon Lord though, I doubt he still needs Veldora around for his powerful aura.

Let me guess: Milim will be forgiven all the death and destruction at the end of this arc just because Rimuru is friends with her. ��*♀️

I really hate the entitlement to moral superiority in this anime.
    In a more reasonable response...Milim, who strongly dislikes/hates Clayman from Season 1 episodes was shown in this season in Clayman's chambers, the same place we saw Myulan for the first time. It's being heavily implied from that scene, as well as her expressions in this one, that she is being controlled by him somehow.

Probably not the same way Myulan was, but some other way.

Milim seems to like the harpy lady demon lord, but Rimuru is her only friend. He's literally her "first best friend."

Everyone else on the planet is terrified of her. She doesn't need or ever want anyone's forgiveness. Until Rimuru when she was misbehaving in Tempest and he denied her food. We've generally seen a side of her that is pretty universally implied to be a first across millennia. Nobody crosses her or messes with her because she's that powerful.

It's hard to say where Rimuru measures up to her now. Raphael says he is 10x stronger than he was before in terms of magicules. Milim was described by Great Sage as being roughly 10x stronger than him when they met, but she wasn't even in a serious mode, and actually impossible to quantify later.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    I seem to remember that a lot of Rimuru's..."presence" came from people sensing Veldora's presence inside him.

Now that Rimuru is a Demon Lord though, I doubt he still needs Veldora around for his powerful aura.
    I never heard of anyone sensing Veldora's presence in him. Everyone just said he was strong and had a particular menacing aura (especially in ep 3 when Rimuru was unaware of this - he later sucked that aura back in). He's just sensed as a strong being because he is named by Veldora and their souls are bound by a shared surname Tempest.

I'm sorry, but statements like this are just stupid at this point.

We said the same thing after Jura Tempest was attacked. Even I said it. And then Rimuri killed 20 thousand people...

Will he forgive Milim? Probably. But you don't get to say "moral superiority in this anime" anymore after what they JUST did.
    I will repeat it as many times as the anime does. And stop bs-ing. Rimuru totally sees himself as the good guy in this story. Again, if he felt sorry for the 20k soldiers he murdered, he failed to show it properly. Not that "feeling sorry" would hold any value when he could have just not done it.

Now Milim devastes entire landscapes (and realistically killed many living beings) just for shits and giggles because she enjoys fighting. Of course, as Ryll mentions, it's already being set up that she's just being manipulated, too. Again: Super convenient aka bad writing: Have a "friendly" character commit evil and excuse it later on with "but she didnt choose to!!1". I urge any of you defending such writing if it would have mady any good story from another anime ever better if that was done to villain. If BERSERK ends up with "but Griffith was manipulated by the God Hand!!1" I will vomit, I swear. It's just shit writing. Similar to "everything was just a dream".

I want authors to accept the consequences of their writing, not have their cake and eat it, too. You want a character to destroy and kill? Then stand by that and don't backpaddle later on. Guys, I'm not randomly shitting on this anime, I want a better story and I think we all would benefit from that.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Of course, as Ryll mentions, it's already being set up that she's just being manipulated, too. Again: Super convenient aka bad writing: Have a "friendly" character commit evil and excuse it later on with "but she didnt choose to!!1".

I want authors to accept the consequences of their writing, not have their cake and eat it, too. You want a character to destroy and kill? Then stand by that and don't backpaddle later on. Guys, I'm not randomly shitting on this anime, I want a better story and I think we all would benefit from that.
    But here's where you're wrong. You dismiss it or conveniently ignore it after it gets pointed out. So I'll point it out again.

Slime isn't lazy writing. It is actually meticulous. The only lazy writing in 36 episodes has been 1) Degenerate, Shizue's OP power, which just got written back out of the story and 2) the demon summoning, as recently discussed.

Almost everything has hint, connection, and payoff throughout the series. Everything. I'm only noticing it now because I've rewatched the anime at least once before this season, and I've read the manga in between seasons so I get to piece these parts back together again with a retrospective mindset.

Some examples:
    a) Rimuru talks to Dwargon about Being a Ruler and that it doesn't always mean you can play nice -> shit happens -> Rimuru takes greater responsibility for his citizens and commits atrocities in order to safeguard them
    b) Rimuru gleefully trades with the first human settlement he finds -> Tells his people to not harm humans out of sentimentality -> BOTH these things bite him in the ass because other countries view Tempest as weak from that interaction, and his people can't defend themselves out of having too much respect for his edicts.
    c) Rimuru eats a bunch of herbs when he can't even see for an unknown amount of time -> the high potions they create become central to his economy -> those potions save many critical characters -> but not the citizens he cares about the most
    d) Gabiru. Everything about the dude. His arc mirrors the dwarf scientist's, and now they both work partially banished in the cave.
    e) Gobta. Scrappy little shit. Gets into trouble -> Grows after accompanying Rimuru on a few journeys elsewhere -> gets trained by Hakuoro -> Keeps his cool later on when they face their greatest threat so far -> Accomplished fighter and scout who operates with honor and patience and honestly is probably the premier representative of the goblins at this point
    f) Benimaru's progressive gag about how horrible Shion's cooking is actually represents how much he cares for her, because he'd be happy even if she was furious, if only she would revive. But in this and previous scenes, we see how much he eats it anyway. Or has eaten it in the past, to the point he actually developed a poison resistance. It's almost a throwaway gag, but in its culmination here, we actually get a lot of insight into the ogre/oni clan that we've never been shown.
    g) Shizue, and literally everything surrounding her including the kids that Rimuru mentored, saved in a manner that no one could save Shizue going through the same circumstances. How she continues to influence Rimuru.
    Or the half-dozen other ones I've posted about in full detail.

So, before we say "Oh, Milim was brainwashed, and actually innocent the whole time!" or "She's so powerful she just does whatever she wants and rampages and it's all forgivable because Rimuru is a murderer now too!" maybe, just maybe, we should actually let it play out. This series is way better written than you've been giving it credit for.

You're just not connecting all the dots to actually see it.

I will repeat it as many times as the anime does. And stop bs-ing. Rimuru totally sees himself as the good guy in this story. Again, if he felt sorry for the 20k soldiers he murdered, he failed to show it properly. Not that "feeling sorry" would hold any value when he could have just not done it.

Now Milim devastes entire landscapes (and realistically killed many living beings) just for shits and giggles because she enjoys fighting. Of course, as Ryll mentions, it's already being set up that she's just being manipulated, too. Again: Super convenient aka bad writing: Have a "friendly" character commit evil and excuse it later on with "but she didnt choose to!!1". I urge any of you defending such writing if it would have mady any good story from another anime ever better if that was done to villain. If BERSERK ends up with "but Griffith was manipulated by the God Hand!!1" I will vomit, I swear. It's just shit writing. Similar to "everything was just a dream".

Honestly, you're irredeemable... drawing conclusions from fictitious and imaginary events, and blaming others for your shortfalls from not paying attention to the clues the series gives you even when they straight up tell you the obvious in THIS episode we're talking about on top of it, and your only excuse for it is that it's simply a random "ass pull" from the writer.

Again, good job.

I don't care if you think it's good writing or not, but you could at least base your opinions on factual things, that'd be great.
    Last edited by Munsu; Thu, 04-01-2021 at 09:34 PM.

I will repeat it as many times as the anime does. And stop bs-ing. Rimuru totally sees himself as the good guy in this story.
    And how is that fucking relevant? He still totally killed ALL those people and didn't let them off the hook at all, which your statement implies this series always does.

If BERSERK ends up with "but Griffith was manipulated by the God Hand!!1" I will vomit, I swear. It's just shit writing. Similar to "everything was just a dream".
    HAHA! Berserk ends! April Fool's is already over, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    But here's where you're wrong. You dismiss it or conveniently ignore it after it gets pointed out. So I'll point it out again.

Slime isn't lazy writing. It is actually meticulous.
    I'll stop you right there. I didn't call Slime's writing "lazy". I called it bad. And writing can very well be both bad AND meticulous. Which is the case here then.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu View Post
    Honestly, you're irredeemable... drawing conclusions from fictitious and imaginary events, and blaming others for your shortfalls from not paying attention to the clues the series gives you even when they straight up tell you the obvious in THIS episode we're talking about on top of it, and your only excuse for it is that it's simply a random "ass pull" from the writer.

Again, good job.

I don't care if you think it's good writing or not, but you could at least base your opinions on factual things, that'd be great.
    wtf

I'm not "not paying attention", I specifically criticize the "clues". In that case that Milim is in some way manipulated. I hate that. Because, again, it's so incredibly covenient.

You dismissed my entire posting because you disagree with me, but I'll ask you once again: If in BERSERK it turned out that Griffith was a good guy after all and only manipulated by the God Hand, would that be okay with you? If your answer is "yes", then I guess we have very different standards to what constitutes as good writing :/

HAHA! Berserk ends! April Fool's is already over, man.
    I didn't claim that BERSERK would end after Griffith ending up a manipulated good guy :P

We will never know how Berserk ends...

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar

To be fair, they are beast people. They can probably survive fine in the forest till houses are made.

"hundreds of thousands" is also likely a huge exaggeration. Just because it's a kingdom doesn't mean it has a ton of people. Jura only has, like, a couple thousand people. Hell, I think they said Milim doesn't have ANY subjects.

That's an extremely manageable number of refugees for people with magic and a week to work with.

I'm more worried about the impact on Jura's booze production.
    Too be even fairer, they (the forest alliance) had no problems giving 150.000 orcs enough supplies to settle down somewhere.

"The forest provides"

what exactly happened to them anyway, I can't quite remember.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Too be even fairer, they (the forest alliance) had no problems giving 150.000 orcs enough supplies to settle down somewhere.

"The forest provides"

what exactly happened to them anyway, I can't quite remember.
    They're building roads.

I want a better story and I think we all would benefit from that.
    I honestly think that your issue with a lot of anime that I've watched and checked the threads for is that you set up some really high expectation and then get disappointed when it doesn't live up to those expectations/isn't what you wanted. Of course everyone wants another anime that really speaks to us and gets us excited like whatever show you consider the apex of anime. But kinda like what I asked in another thread long ago, just what are were you expecting from this show? I certainly didn't expect anything more than just a for fun show + some action out of Slime based of the first episodes and that's what I've got.
    You are here alone again
    In your sweet insanity
    All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
    Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
    When all the world turns away to leave you lonely

I'm not "not paying attention", I specifically criticize the "clues". In that case that Milim is in some way manipulated. I hate that. Because, again, it's so incredibly covenient.
    Why exactly would she be attacking the Beast Kingdom if she didn't have any reason for it? Are you saying Milim attacking the place just for laughs, still giving them a whole week to evacuate before the attack, would be better writing? Now it looks like she's manipulated, but maybe she's not and there's some other reason. She's a bloody demon lord, so I don't quite know why you think Milim attacking some place would be so outrageous anyway.