Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime: Tensei shitara Slime datta Ken

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    That scene where Gobuta was discussing the lamia lady was literally "oh no, you go first, you're way more awesome than me!", right after doing something awesome himself. ARENT WE ALL AWESOME?!!?!?!?! :/
    ...no it wasn't. He was trying to get OUT of fighting that guy, cause he thought he'd die.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    they literally neutered Rimuru when he turned from man to slime :/ And he's fine with it, too?!
    I mean, he can literally have as much penis as he want.

If he doesn't, it's either because Celibate Hero trope, or as a slime, he just doesn't have those urges anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    ...no it wasn't. He was trying to get OUT of fighting that guy, cause he thought he'd die.
    Hasn't that been pretty much Gobuta's personality all along? I seem to recall he's never overly thrilled about Hakurou's training sessions and would rather avoid them. I wouldn't go as far as saying he's only happy to fight weak opponents, but he's definitely someone who wouldn't want to dedicate his life to getting stronger and facing more and more terrifying opponents.

If he doesn't, it's either because Celibate Hero trope, or as a slime, he just doesn't have those urges anymore.
    It seems to me a slime shouldn't have any other instincts/urges than eating and propagating. A slime is little more than a gigantic bacterium, basically. Rimuru doesn't seem to behave like that, so maybe we could say he acts like a human lacking the relevant hormones. However, he does immensely enjoy company and genuinely cares for his friends and nation. I wonder if that's even possible without also being subjected to the other emotions.

It's just the trope, no doubt, with no thoughts behind it.
    Last edited by Kraco; Thu, 08-19-2021 at 03:10 AM.

Episode 44

- - - -

Benimaru's increased strength was nice to witness, if nothing else. He makes a pretty good second-in-command for Jura Tempest, if needed. Maybe Albis could fall for him.

It's actually quite remarkable the show doesn't try to shorten these battle scenes at all, to get back to Rimuru faster.

I mean, they're clearly padding this shit out so this Walpurgis thing takes the entire season.

Episode 45

- -- - -

The best part of the episode was Shuna imagining Skeletor meeting Rimuru as his new god. As much as everyone admires and respects Rimuru in Jura Tempest, it's still quite fitting that's the picture Shuna would have in her mind when she thinks of the leader.

I wish they had explained what Shuna did to invert the disintegration spell and reconfigure it into a dispel spell.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Yeah, I kind of hate how magic battles are in this show...

"Super attack name!" - Begin flashy lights and floaty circles

"No! I counter with some other stuff!"

"Oh no! How can you counter my nonsense with yours!?!?"

"Because reasons!" -end flashy lights

I'm glad Rimuru is now surrounded by beings that he has to be tactful around again. It's been too long.

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    I'm glad Rimuru is now surrounded by beings that he has to be tactful around again.
    We hope. Let's see how long it takes before they become trivial. Rimuru is probably already stronger than several of the other Lords.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    I wish they had explained what Shuna did to invert the disintegration spell and reconfigure it into a dispel spell.
    Right. It's quite interesting it wasn't explained at all. Disintegration was said to be an especially powerful attack spell, and apparently Hinata Sakaguchi's favourite as well. It's pretty strange it would have a major weakness, so whatever Shuna did, it's not something just anybody could do.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    It feels indeed strange her detection powers were blocked by the magical mist but then she's able to modify a very high end spell/magic in real time when it's cast.
    Or for some reason it's because of Raphaël...
    Rimuru experienced that spell, Rimuru evolved, Raphaël processed the spell and Shuna got solutions to use the spell when she evolved too.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Episode 46

----------------------------

Okay, well done on the cliffhanger, I'll give them that.

And they just casually drop the fact that Crimson is Primordial Red. Well, at least that's one Demon Lord who is actually a demon.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

It's kind of annoying that Rimuru owes his life (and the lives of many friends) to Great Sage/Raphael, but he's still constantly ignoring her, despite having previously already paid a price for doing so. It weird how he has such a cheat power at his disposal, but doesn't really respect her, at the end of the day. I guess that's what happens when you were born (or reborn) with vast powers and thus take them for granted. Sure, he has has displayed token gratitude occasionally, but it feels pretty superficial when he otherwise only deigns to listen to her when it suits his mood.

Of course I know that's not the case in reality, it's just the ages old case of an author writing himself into an inescapable trap. Raphael is totally broken, so the author regularly makes Rimuru ignore her for the sake of what goes for a plot in this story.

It would have been interesting if Rimuru had fought seriously against Milim, but I guess it's understandable he wouldn't want to do that. At least Veldora got a good tone rocked out of his dome.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    And they just casually drop the fact that Crimson is Primordial Red. Well, at least that's one Demon Lord who is actually a demon.
    Well, they said it right at the beginning during the introductions. Guy is a Demon. And Leon is a Demonoid(whatever that means).

Not sure what a "Deathman" and a "Fallen" are supposed to be. Like, some kinda zombie/lich? And then maybe an angel?

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    It's kind of annoying that Rimuru owes his life (and the lives of many friends) to Great Sage/Raphael, but he's still constantly ignoring her, despite having previously already paid a price for doing so. It weird how he has such a cheat power at his disposal, but doesn't really respect her, at the end of the day.
    I don't think it's that he doesn't respect her. It's just that he's super casual with her, as he is with everyone.

I don't think it's that he doesn't respect her. It's just that he's super casual with her, as he is with everyone.
    It would be one thing if he didn't listen to her if she tried to analyse the chemical composition of the beer he's drinking, but why would he ever ignore her when anything big is going on? Maybe it's distracting to have someone talk inside your mind when you are trying to concentrate on important stuff, but it's not like Raphael would be talking nonstop. Usually she's trying to say something essential. But then again, it's not like Raphael would be the only one Rimuru would like to ignore. He actually does have that kind of habit. Maybe that makes him a more normal demon lord since it quite often happens in fiction that a big evil boss tells his/her (competent) underlings to shut up.

It's not by coincidence that Evil Overlord list item #17 says: "When I employ people as advisors, I will occasionally listen to their advice."

...At least he quickly deduced Milim was under some sort of control- though the other demon lords either didn't... or didn't care, which I also find strange. If I was in an organization that calls meetings and can declare I should die, I would like to think my constituents there at least would take issue with me not being myself, maybe a little...

Rimuru summed up my issue with the recent Slime offerings: "So, if I just beat Clayman, everything will work out". That's kind of a boring way to construct the climax of a multi season conflict...

That there was a multiple minute cut away to a golem- a character with maybe three lines the entire series, making a case as to why they should be allowed to join this fight was eye rollingly dumb.

"I want to help Rimumru, ref!"
    "No, you can't, this is a fight between those two" (Ignores Milim)
    "My golem was made by him, and it actually likes him more than me..."
    "Oh? Will you promise to be more loyal in the future, golem?"
    "...Sure"
    "Okay! I'll allow it!" *opens hole in inexplicable plot barrier*

Really, I don't want my posts about Slime to become a weekly lampoon of some asinine conversation that wasted screen time, but that is the direction this is going...

Also, I'm not a fan of the 'Maou' moniker- as was mentioned, most demon lords are anything but demons... Dragons, slimes, vampires, a bird, some non-specific demon-like thing, a fairy... Can we just start calling them something more descriptive, like maybe Supreme Beings, Tyrants, Powerful Idiots, or something else that might actually uniformly describe what they are and how they relate to the world around them?

So far, not really feeling the Walpurgis, but here's to anticipation!

...At least he quickly deduced Milim was under some sort of control- though the other demon lords either didn't... or didn't care, which I also find strange.
    I assume they don't care about each other. As it should be obvious INSTANTLY to anyone that knows Milim that she's brainwashed.

That's what's weird. If they don't care about the goings on of each other, why bother being in some exclusive little club at all?

Also, I'm not a fan of the 'Maou' moniker- as was mentioned, most demon lords are anything but demons... Dragons, slimes, vampires, a bird, some non-specific demon-like thing, a fairy... Can we just start calling them something more descriptive, like maybe Supreme Beings, Tyrants, Powerful Idiots, or something else that might actually uniformly describe what they are and how they relate to the world around them?
    That won't happen because it's insistent terminology dating all the way back to Dragon Quest.

Rulers of monsters are always gonna be Demon Kings/Lords.

I would prefer it translated to something like Dark Lord. Although DQ originally translated it as Archfiend.(Archfiend Baramos in DQ3 was the series first "maou")
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Wed, 09-08-2021 at 08:31 PM.

That's what's weird. If they don't care about the goings on of each other, why bother being in some exclusive little club at all?
    They might not care that deeply, aside from some exceptions, such as Ramiris being protected by Guy, but they would still care about how it will affect them personally and individually, which is probably why they bother to attend the infrequent conventions. What comes to Milim, she's the third oldest demon lord. Clayman is like a neonate compared to her. I'd say they think Milim ought to take care of herself and sort out her own problems. At the end of the day nobody but Clayman himself takes Clayman that seriously. He apparently made a long speech (fortunately abridged in the episode), but it moved absolutely zero people in the meeting. Only when it turned into a fight folks began to show a little bit of interest. It makes perfect sense, I'd say.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    I don't remember if Milim killed people under the influence of the necklace.

Because if she didn't, I'd like to think she's just fooling Clayman because she gets to fight Rimuru at a higher intensity she would otherwise.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.