Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Goblin Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    S2E7

------------------

S2 has so far been a lot more boring compared to the first. The draw of this series was the portrayal of Goblins being sleeper monsters that were brutal rapists when underestimated, and Goblin Slayer's practical methods of killing them which were at times unconventional and spectacular.

Both aspects are almost absent in S2, and it's largely cowgirl fanservice carrying this now.
    So basically this anime has been Tate-no-Yuusha'd, too. Ugh.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

This is the first time I've heard an elf describe lying on a tree as being filthy. High-and-mighty is a common enough portrayal, but they've always been tree-huggers (aside from the outwardly evil ones)
    High Elves vs. Wood Elves (vs. Dark Elves).

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    But she lives in the damn tree as opposed to a castle.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

But she lives in the damn tree as opposed to a castle.
    And I live in a house. But if I go out and lay on the lawn, people might think I'd get filthy.

But that's not a tree. Find me someone who lives in a treehouse and finds sitting in a tree dirty.

Find me someone who lives in a treehouse and finds sitting in a tree dirty.
    Find me someone who lives in a treehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Find me someone who lives in a treehouse.
    https://www.outsideonline.com/cultur...ve-tree-house/

Foster thinks laying on branches is gross.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Foster thinks laying on branches is gross.
    Not very convincing. Seems like he'd be fine with it.

Sources:
    https://www.outsideonline.com/cultur...ve-tree-house/
    https://www.arestlesstransplant.com/
    https://sunshinestories.com/inspirat...er-huntington/

Look at all that bedding to shield him from that filthy nature!

Indeed there is bedding. Good for warmth when you sleep, amongst other things. Also good against dirt. But other pictures suggest he's fine with that. Not very convincing.

But other pictures suggest he's fine with that.
    Or is he? Just because he's getting dirty doesn't mean he's enjoying it. Kinda hard to traverse a dirt road without getting dirty.

You guys might just be arguing about individual differences. Perhaps a small faction of the elves have become clean freaks. At first I thought sister-elf was already wearing a wedding dress, but apparently the wedding is still days away. Not that we'd know if they have wedding dresses, but it looked like a really pure and neat garb.

I got the kind of impression from Sword Maiden's words that something is changing in the world. Considering the whole story so far, I also do get from it the kind of impression the goblin problem has been getting more severe, perhaps during the last few decades. The goblins are evolving, getting better at what they do, and spreading their influence. Aided by some dark power. The reason I'm blathering about this is because it would affect how the story will progress. Goblin Slayer's methods against the goblins won't be anymore as successful and one-sided if the goblin menace gets worse.

The beginning of this season was really underwhelming, but I haven't got right now any complaints.

Sometimes I wonder if the twist in this show is that it IS a game world, and all the characters we know are just NPCs, which is why they don't have names.

Would also fit with the whole "gods are rolling dice" theme.

S2E8

---------------

At first I thought Priestess was shocked that she purified the Shaman's blood and "killed" it, which would have made no sense since she's been killing goblins for a year now. I'm guessing that she only intended to purify the debuff on her friends, so the spell targetting the Shaman instead made her think she screwed up. Her reaction and voice still make it sound as if she's done some horrific deed though.

Also, pretty sure there was an Arachnotron from Doom in the Hell sequence.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Fri, 11-24-2023 at 11:42 PM.

The battle was terribly animated and directed. The were zero dynamics in the whole thing. Perhaps the whole Priestess getting so shocked was connected to that travesty of execution. As it is, it just left me wondering what's going on. If she indeed had intended to heal her friends so that they could again defend themselves, but the miracle instead did nothing but take down the goblin priest/mage, whatever it was, then her reaction was quite natural. But then again, since the goblins had all the time in the world to kill the whole team, according to the director/animators, yet did little else but tear Elf Archer's clothes, who knows, it made it look like more of a personal religious crisis for the Priestess. All that being said, the worst part still was Elf Archer failing so miserably to wound the goblin mage/priest seriously. If you consider her previous skills with the bow, now she suddenly hit like a total noob. If the director was up to the task, there would have been a distraction that made her arrow miss the lethal mark.

I think Priestess had a similar (but somewhat lessened) reaction when Goblin Slayer asked her summon a wall at a cave entrance, and he used it to trap a bunch of goblins to their death (can't remember if it was fire/water/poison). It's been a year since then so I figured she'd be okay with using Miracles offensively now.

Yeah, she's still very much a newbie priestess. The elven marriage ceremony said "fate is death", which I reckon means every living thing ultimately returns to earth, and that's perfectly natural. It seems like Priestess is still far from realising that in her measure of faith. She doesn't yet, intrinsically, understand that for her Earth Mother, death is every bit as natural as life, as the living nature needs both to keep rolling.

Episode 9

- - - - -

Maybe Goblin Slayer shouldn't be the one reporting on the mission status to the guild afterwards if it's not a goblin mission. Guild Girl needed to pry every word out of him and still didn't get any decent answers.

I feel like Goblin Slayer was kind of more rudely straightforward in this episode than normally. And I'm not talking about the anvil misunderstanding. It's like he was highly impatient. The wedding trip turned out to be a goblin hunt, so he shouldn't be considering that wasted time at all. The sea serpent quest probably left him dissatisfied, but since Sword Maiden specifically sought him out to slay goblins, he should have been quite happy. Instead he acted disgruntled. Maybe it was just the director failing at making him blunt in his usual way.