Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail

Fairy Tail

So, the final season of Fairy Tail has started.

I know there's a subforum for FT, but ain't nobody going to go down there to look at it, so, what the hell, I made a thread that maybe people will actually use.

---

*sigh* I missed you, Lucy.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sun, 10-07-2018 at 02:47 AM.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I feel like I've missed something...

... like, the last thing I remember was the E.N.D. crew who tried to summon Face to wipe out all of magic.. and it succeeded? Or maybe everyone managed to deactivate it..

..that's it.

I've got to try to dig that old episode up again to see what I've missed.
    Meanwhile, was there supposed to be a re-run somewhere?

Up to speed now.

I forgot how weird it was that Arcnologia just upped and left after defeating Igneel.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sun, 10-07-2018 at 09:06 AM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Episode 281

-----------------------------

They better go back and explain why they thought Gray was going to kill Frosche. That's what started this whole thing.

Hmm? Oh sorry, I was distracted from the plot-holes by the sexy Lucy torture.

Yep. Looks like they're totally brushing it off.

Right! That explained nothing!

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    So Frosh was never killed or in any danger in this timeline because Natsu took the job instead. That's all I can gather from it.
    I do hope there is a next season because Erza seems to be wearing less and less protection each time. Which I am fine with.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCybercoin View Post
    So Frosh was never killed or in any danger in this timeline because Natsu took the job instead. That's all I can gather from it.
    Yeah, but if Grey was only faking being evil, why would he have ever killed Frosh in the first place?

I do hope there is a next season because Erza seems to be wearing less and less protection each time. Which I am fine with.
    Well, it's literally called "Fairy Tail Final Season" and since the manga has already ended, I'm guessing this season is going to run to the end of the manga.

---

Well that was a nice lore dump.

Also reminded me how much I like all these charaters.

I really love how, unlike Naruto, this series is smart enough to keep it's iconic music themes.

They blamed the Death God for the Curse of Contradiction, but the dude never really made an appearance. The curse happened while Zeref was despairing about being kicked out.

If they wanted it to clearly be from a god then they should have shown it. (We've just been shown that gods can descend and whatnot). Otherwise blaming it on an invisible being is rather convenient. The whole "I live forever" thing goes against thing being a lie (that is, Zeref really is cursed by something more powerful than him), the execution just felt a bit weird.

Well, it does seem weird that, after years of breaking the death god's taboo, the god would choose the moment that they school finally put a stop to his research to curse him.

Either the death god wants the opposite of what they think he does, or, yeah, it's completely unrelated to the god and is something else entirely.

Ep 286

------------------------

I almost hope they didn't kick those guards in the face. It would have been a great opportunity to explore concept of letting smaller evils roam in order to tackle the bigger picture. For now, they're righteous and got to exercise it as much as they want. Cool as it may be (soundtrack and all), the missed opportunity to provoke some thought and debate saddens me. FMA would have taken it up I reckon.

These have never been those kinds of characters.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    These have never been those kinds of characters.
    No, they have never been. What happened that episode was entirely in keeping with the characters to date, and the show Fairy Tail in general, along with individual power levels varying wildly based on little logic.

None of that takes away from the fact that they could have explored deeper nuances of morality than they choose to.

---

For fuck's sake! Fire and lightning don't evaporate and disintegrate sand!

Sand also doesn't dry out whatever it touches either. That's more like... fire...

I thought Natsu's fire was gonna turn the sand into glass or something to be honest.

Looking at the power levels now, Gildarts would probably be the strongest on Ishgar right now.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Yeah but wasn't Bluenote said to be as strong as he was and yet Natsu clobbered him?

Yeah but wasn't Bluenote said to be as strong as he was and yet Natsu clobbered him?
    Yeah. So Bluenote was as strong as Gildarts was, and Natsu cloberred him. Natsu's at least as strong as pre-timeskip Gildarts.

Sandking seems to have the upper hand on Natsu right now, and Sandking is supposed to be about as strong as God Serena. From what we saw today, Laxus is at least comparable with him. Neither broke a sweat.

So if Natsu is perhaps stronger than Gildarts once was, and Laxus is as strong as the best in the nation around 1 year ago, then Gildarts is...... ?!

I'm assuming all these FT dudes train their asses off, or otherwise continue to improve. As strong as these guys get, there has never really been a long-lasting upset in relative ranking amongst our main cast, with the exception of Cana getting a boost during the Games when she got given/taught Fairy Glitter. Mavis said Cana had talent, but nothing else has suggested she'll continue to master Fairy magic.

It's still (Gildarts > ) Laxus > Erza/Mira > Natsu/Gray/Gajeel > everyone else.

Makarov is different in that he's old and was also living in enemy territory during this time.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sun, 12-16-2018 at 09:49 PM.

I don't understand Makarov...

Like, he's supposedly the strongest in Fairy Tail. But so far, all we've seen out of him are Choji powers.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sun, 12-16-2018 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    I don't understand Makarov...

Like, he's supposedly the strongest in Fairy Tail. But so far, all we've seen out of him are Choji powers.
    Technically he could Fairy Law every time he fights, but there'd be no fight.