Thread: Rape and morality in popular media

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Women by law carry less stuff in Germany? That's amazing. I've never heard of that in Australia.
    Yes - though "by law" I mean it's more or less intertwined with the "duty of care" your employer has.
    It's not like there is a paragraph in the legal code, but I'm pretty sure that was obvious

here's a guideline (Swiss Confederation), this is for "occasional lifting/moving". I remember seeing a similar chart back in professional school (I think that is the correct english term for that school)

---Age -----------Male-----Female-
    14 to 16 Years ---≤ 15 kg --≤ 11 kg
    16 to 18 Years---≤ 19 kg --≤ 12 kg
    18 to 20 Years ---≤ 23 kg --≤ 14 kg
    20 to 35 Years ---≤ 25 kg --≤ 15 kg (seriously, do people know how fucking annoying it is to lift 25kgs when you can't even grab the thing properly?)
    35 to 50 Years ---≤ 21 kg --≤13 kg
    Over 50 Years ---≤16 kg --≤ 10 kg

When you have to deal with this for more than 4 hours a day, I think it was somewhere around ~12kg vs 7kg. (so basically an increase of 70%). That means a male employee is under less harsh guidelines and can do "more" depending on the job. As silly as that may sound, that might even be the difference a company needs so that it may not need to modernize it's packing area for example.

This is a part out of the regulation in Germany (that is dedicated to handling/lifting weights at work)

"Section 3
    Delegation of tasks
    When delegating tasks involving the manual handling of loads where there is a risk to the
    health and safety of workers, the employer shall take account of the physical capability of the
    workers to perform those tasks."

So you can see how the first chart and this come together.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Thu, 04-04-2019 at 03:11 PM.