Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 421

Thread: Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

  1. #301
    Vampiric Minion Kraco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    :noitacoL
    Age
    40
    Posts
    16,653
    Ep 19


    - - -- -


    You rarely see a more passive "fight" than this.

    At least Naofumi did get the other three to understand their errors.

  2. #302
    Linerunner MFauli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,782
    It's unbearable to watch this. Not only is the past treatment against Naofumi handled like a casual joke: Why the fuck is Myne standing there as if it's all forgiven now?!

    I don't care if there is a 'situation', that doesn't matter. Someone should call her out directly about what she did! At the very least Naofumi should demand that Motayasu throws her out of his team.

    Ffs ... it really feels like she'll get away with a slap on the,wrist ...

  3. #303
    Yorha Unit- shinta|hikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dystopia
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,531
    Blog Entries
    1
    Holy shit that episode was utter trash.

    Spunky.

  4. #304
    Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,576
    I wonder if this episode was bad because the whole scene felt soo long due to it being an anime or if it has the same effect in the manga.

    How come no one told the creator that a 5 minute "no...you!"-talk and petty arguments are completely out of place while in combat?
    The industry must be full of incompetent human beings.

    I'm okay with the fact that not every scene is properly thought out to the last second, but come on... really... come on. They even went through the trouble of adding a scene with the pope mentioning his "downtime on spells", just so they could have this discussion... and then they realised that "this is extremely stupid" and made the pope say that it was foolish to give him so much time - DUH - who would've thought!?

    All they had to do was to delay that freaking talk after the fight, they didn't even have to change a lot of words. Just make it clear that he helped them, despite what has happened, due to what Bigbirb told him, and that they must work together because of that.

    "Professional Novel writer"

    And lol @ sword-dude, who attacked the priest in melee, drained his mana, and jumped back into the pit (which is already stupid) and didn't follow up with additional attacks (which is even more stupid) even though they already saw that they could bypass/break the barrier.

    It's unbearable to watch this. Not only is the past treatment against Naofumi handled like a casual joke: Why the fuck is Myne standing there as if it's all forgiven now?!
    in my opinion it was pretty clear that Naofumi did not forgive them. I mean, he even said so.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Thu, 05-16-2019 at 10:32 AM.

  5. #305
    Yorha Unit- shinta|hikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dystopia
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,531
    Blog Entries
    1
    From my experience, all industries are full of incompetent human beings.

    Spunky.

  6. #306
    Linerunner MFauli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,782
    Episode 20:

    What a shit show this anime has turned out to be.

    Worst battle ever. Pope standing around, doing nothing while heroes hold chitchat.

    And I take personal offense at this shameless ripoff of Berserk's berserker armor, wow ...

    Last but certainly not least: yeah, she won't be properly punished ...

  7. #307
    Vampiric Minion Kraco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    :noitacoL
    Age
    40
    Posts
    16,653
    The kingdom got a whole army of new slaves suddenly. They would also empty the church coffers, logically, and take all the gold and silver, no matter what form it might be in. Some of the loot should go to Naofumi for fairness's sake. Royals have always been looking for excuses to steal other organisations' wealth, like happened during the reformation, for example.

    Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Worst battle ever. Pope standing around, doing nothing while heroes hold chitchat.
    Actually, he was powering up his spell. It was highly convenient for him that the heroes kept talking, doing nothing else.

  8. #308
    Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,576
    I had so many problems with what the heroes did in the beginning of this episode. But not with how the whole thing ended. Heheeee

    Mostly, what Naofumi did and what Naofumi did not. Seriously, 6:10 - 12:40 was so unbelievably dumb. I so wish that I had written that scene.. or anyone capable of story writing.
    It's infuriating, I don't think I have to explain why but I want to point it out anyway.

    WHY the FUCK, do you say you have a plan, your comrades ACCEPT that plan without much resistance and when you are actually about to do it, they come clinging to you, getting hurt and stop you from executing that plan?
    They fucking KNEW this was going to happen, it was the PLAN. Say NO - don't do it/you are not allowed to do it, if you disagree you dumb sh**?!
    Was the writer thinking this was in any way emotional or something? It was not, it was just DUMB.

    That pep talk - or whatever you want to call it - would've been fitting to calm down his maniacal laughter again once he has finished the pope and to prevent him from ravaging/crushing the pope's CORPSE into a bloddy unrecognisable mess. But not before he even got his first attack going.





    Pretty cool battle overall when you ignore that move, the music in the beginning was especially nice.

    Oh and for god's sake. If you design plate armor, design a helmet too gawd-damnit!
    The world needs more Fate/Zero-Berserkers.

    The shield looked pretty cool though (and the rest of the armor)
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Wed, 05-22-2019 at 12:48 PM.

  9. #309
    Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Amaburi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayz33
    Mostly, what Naofumi did and what Naofumi did not. Seriously, 6:10 - 12:40 was so unbelievably dumb. I so wish that I had written that scene.. or anyone capable of story writing.
    My issue is that he got to use the power of the cursed shield without being Berserk. It's not like hateful berserker mode is a side effect of the power, it's the very source of the power along with the dragon core. You can't just glitch it into giving you the power up.

    As for the episode itself, I don't remember it taking so damn long in the other versions.



    My favourite parts were all scenes involving the Queen Milf of Melromarc. God she's lovely.










    Also, this:

    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Fri, 05-24-2019 at 10:48 AM.

    If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

  10. #310
    Vampiric Minion Kraco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    :noitacoL
    Age
    40
    Posts
    16,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Also, this:
    Is she going to eat raw liver and brains? She's such a beast!

  11. #311
    Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Amaburi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,123
    Episode 21

    ------------------------








    I thought this was going to be the final episode and thought "Yep, this is one of those shows that really shouldn't get a sequel", as much as I liked Filo and the Queen. Turns out it's not quite done yet.

    Weirdly enough, for all the time invested in showing us the trial, the episode failed to tell us that Myne was ordered to tell the truth, which lead to her being zapped for lying. It's a small point that became obvious, but slave crests don't automatically force truthful speech unless instructed to do so from memory.

    If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

  12. #312
    Vampiric Minion Kraco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    :noitacoL
    Age
    40
    Posts
    16,653
    I don't remember how this affair went in the manga, but I feel like it was tolerably successful in the anime. It's an interesting detail Naofumi's reason for sparing those two wasn't mentioned aloud at all. It's also something I prefer because generally speaking I feel like not everything needs to be explained in detail, as if the audience couldn't think at all with their own brains (a common thing in shounen where even attacks and defenses in the middle of a fight need to be explained). That's why in art galleries I don't care at all about what the artist or any expert has said about the paintings/sculptures, apart from the name. I just prefer to interpret them as I like.

    Although that being said, it was heavily hinted that Naofumi found it extremely distasteful to have the queen order the execution of her own family members. I'd say, in the bigger picture, assuming those two won't cause any problems in the future, this serves Naofumi better because a relieved/thankful queen is better for him than a dejected/only forcibly cordial one. On the other hand, a person who has gone through much hardship and injustice may either become vengeful and dark-souled or more understanding and sympathetic. I suppose it largely depends on if they had any friends and allies during the difficult period. Naofumi did have some, so he might have avoided the fate of an antihero. Instead he has the mental strength to spare others from suffering if he can help it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    but slave crests don't automatically force truthful speech unless instructed to do so from memory.
    I don't even remember so deep details from the early episodes. I also don't remember if Raphatalia or Filo have tried to lie to Naofumi.

  13. #313
    Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Amaburi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,123
    I actually don't think he saw through the queen at all. He might have sensed that she didn't want to kill them, but I doubt he'd have guessed that she'd lay her own life on the table.

    I reckon he saved them just because he worked out that killing them both didn't make him feel any better despite his hatred.

    If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

  14. #314
    Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,576
    The slave crest has a setting that can be checked to make "lie to master" a violation.
    You can see that option in episode 2 in the beginning.

    Since the NPCs use the same HUD (unless the queen is a player too), they don't have to specifically "order" it by voice. (on top of that, the Queens Status bar indicated that she is permanantely buffed with Armor + Attack up and something else that could be "concentration+" or whatever , I love details like that)
    Overall I think it was pretty obvious what was going on though.

    I reckon he saved them just because he worked out that killing them both didn't make him feel any better despite his hatred.
    exactly

    I actually don't think he saw through the queen at all. He might have sensed that she didn't want to kill them, but I doubt he'd have guessed that she'd lay her own life on the table.
    If you are referring to what Kraco wrote earlier (and not just pointing it out in general), he was talking about the queen ordering the execution of her own kin, not about the fact that she would've offered her own life for theirs.
    I doubt Naofumi knew about the queen's plans too. The fact that a mother has to execute her own child and husband however is already messed up and reason enough for him to act.



    Why is the song with english lyrics not on the OST btw....
    Getting the "Simple Man"/Metallica/Shinedown vibes here.


    Oh and... if they can't be bothered to draw a crowd for 10 seconds with somewhat decent animation... why bother in the first place and not simply do a close up on the 3 heroes
    Asshole @ whoever is responsible for the scene from 19:20 to 19:30

    10 seconds full of garbage for no reason. I can cope with ugly CGI shortcuts for stuff like that... but not with "that".
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Wed, 05-29-2019 at 02:34 PM.

  15. #315
    Linerunner MFauli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,782
    It's bullshit. And here's why:

    Even if you rationalize Naofumi forgiving bitch slut, the facts remain: Countless people died because of these two's acts. And bitch slut tried to murder her own sister, the future queen. Everything else she did could be downplayed as 'personal feelings' (the false rape accusation, the manipulation of the heroes, the permanent lies to everyone, etc). But those are crimes that go beyond Naofumi's personal revenge. Imagine Anne Frank surving and deciding to let Hitler live - 6 million dead jews mean she's got no right to decide that. This is the situation at hans here.

    That aside, I just fucking hate that ONCE AGAIN the protagonist chooses to be goody good instead of receiving justice. The name changes are probably a way bigger affair for a japanese audience, but to me it's a joke. Bitch slut DESERVED the worst, and by that I don't mean the death panelty, no, I'm talking Goblins here. For whatever reason, the author wrote Bitch slut in a 100% unredeemable manner, and it's not just her actions alone, it's how much she ENJOYED her crimes, too. Seeing such a character get away with only a funny name change is not satisfying at all. We're past Dragon Ball, where Vegeta murdered countless people and then got to join the heroes, no questions asked. This anime presented itself in a serious manner, so I expected a serious resolution to bitch slut's evil deeds. And they let her off the hook.

    Reading the above postings, I can see that I'm once again alone with my point of view, but I can live with that. Bitch Slut shoukd have, at the very least, been executed and Naofumi shouldn't have felt bad about her. He's the victim, she's the relentless, cruel criminal. No justice happened in this episode and all the sjws out there once again will feel re-affirmed that false rape accusations shouldn't be punished harshly.

  16. #316
    Yorha Unit- shinta|hikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dystopia
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,531
    Blog Entries
    1
    You're not alone. I wanted all her limbs to be torn off and then the stumps healed by magic. Then goblins. They can eat parts of her while in the throes of carnal pleasure, but a goblin shaman will heal her back up for more fun. Maybe the court mages can also cast status ailment cure spells on her once in a while so she can't escape into insanity. She will birth many goblin babies who will then grow to impregnate her again. The circle of life.

    The king should be forced to watch this happen, but no harm should come to him. The guilt alone would probably cause him to kill himself. He will not be allowed to do so.

    Spunky.

  17. #317
    Jounin
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    844
    I enjoyed this more than I did reading it in the LN.

    I thought this would be pretty boring but it went pretty well I thought.

    No idea why other viewers are upset.

    Maybe my comment about the pacing talking 52+ episodes is coming true.

    This is like Up to LN 5 now? And there's like 20 LNs?

    At this pacing this can take 5 years to get to LN 20 and by then there will be 10 more LNs in Japan lol.

  18. #318
    Vampiric Minion Kraco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    :noitacoL
    Age
    40
    Posts
    16,653
    Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Reading the above postings, I can see that I'm once again alone with my point of view, but I can live with that. Bitch Slut shoukd have, at the very least, been executed and Naofumi shouldn't have felt bad about her. He's the victim, she's the relentless, cruel criminal. No justice happened in this episode and all the sjws out there once again will feel re-affirmed that false rape accusations shouldn't be punished harshly.
    In fact you didn't read my post properly. I only speculated on why Naofumi did what he did. I never said anything about my opinion on the need for the execution objectively speaking. They of course should have been executed for their crimes driven by pure greed (Malty) and abuse of power driven by irrational hatred and prejudice (the king), and for both of them collaborating with the pope for open rebellion.

    However, ask yourself, does any of this need to matter for Naofumi? He's past the point of giving a shit after what he went through. If you had been betrayed and abused by a foreign country for a long time, would you feel the need to seek justice for the country? No, most likely you'd hate the country. You might like some individuals within that weren't scumbags toward you, but that's it. It would be natural to want dead the prime culprits, but if you hadn't turned into a berserk and still had the mental faculties to consider your own benefit for the future, you might as well do exactly what Naofumi did. Does it impair the bigger justice? It does, but it's not Naofumi's problem. This way he undoubtedly got the better deal for himself because the queen and Melty are thankful, plus it seems like the population liked his act of showing mercy as well.

    This is kind of like accepting a big money compensation after being wronged by some powerful people, instead of seeking the case till the end in the court of law, where the people received a greater punishment, but you received less compensation. The people rotting in prison won't make your life afterwards any easier, but the bigger money compensation would have.

  19. #319
    Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Paris & Versailles, France
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,236
    I feel the delivery was better in the manga. But maybe there's a sequel to that...

    Naofumi knows every act has consequences. His precog dream probably helped him evaluate the odds and the queens trembling told him he needs to consider a broader picture. It might be Fitoria or even the Queen is responsible for that dream. Fitoria would be a deliberate act, the Queen's could be just a passive ability that activated because of her strong feelings and stress.

    All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

  20. #320
    Linerunner MFauli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    In fact you didn't read my post properly. I only speculated on why Naofumi did what he did. I never said anything about my opinion on the need for the execution objectively speaking. They of course should have been executed for their crimes driven by pure greed (Malty) and abuse of power driven by irrational hatred and prejudice (the king), and for both of them collaborating with the pope for open rebellion.

    However, ask yourself, does any of this need to matter for Naofumi? He's past the point of giving a shit after what he went through. If you had been betrayed and abused by a foreign country for a long time, would you feel the need to seek justice for the country? No, most likely you'd hate the country. You might like some individuals within that weren't scumbags toward you, but that's it. It would be natural to want dead the prime culprits, but if you hadn't turned into a berserk and still had the mental faculties to consider your own benefit for the future, you might as well do exactly what Naofumi did. Does it impair the bigger justice? It does, but it's not Naofumi's problem. This way he undoubtedly got the better deal for himself because the queen and Melty are thankful, plus it seems like the population liked his act of showing mercy as well.

    This is kind of like accepting a big money compensation after being wronged by some powerful people, instead of seeking the case till the end in the court of law, where the people received a greater punishment, but you received less compensation. The people rotting in prison won't make your life afterwards any easier, but the bigger money compensation would have.
    But Naofumi doesn't hate the country, he continues to risk his life as he keeps fighting together with the other heroes. He does it to get home, too, but at no point in this episode he showed hatred towards the country.

    I'm also not sure how well-received his act of mercy was, when he went about it in such a mean way, shouting bitch and slut and so gleefully, too. Made him look like a villain there.

    You excude everything with 'Naofumi's feelings', but that's the point: he shouldn't have had such feelings. There was no reason to feel bad about these two, and feeling bad for the queen, why? Maybe she should have raised her bitch daughter properly? It's a matriarchy, so maybe she shouldn't have let her husband run rampage? It's fair to empathize to a point, but these two DESERVED punishment. Had a mother stood next to naofumi, crying as she remembers her dead husband/son who died because of Bitch Slut, what then? Then naofumi would have empathized with her, right? But the anime conveniently ignored that side of the medal. It only once should the angry audience shouting at them, but them being angry makes it easier to handwave their feelings aside. Angry audience vs sad queen? Sigh.

    Naofumi didn't make a believable decision here imo. It's typical non-consequential mainstream anime writing: can't ever have a hero hand out just punishment, because 'being goooood'.Comes from the same energy as harem heroes never having sex with all the girls clinging to them: gotta be gooooood :/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •