Thread: Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue

Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue

"Mystery writer Mikazuki Subaru, who isn't good at dealing with people, finds them to be a disturbance when it comes to building his imaginary world. One day, he chances upon a stray cat and feels inspiration strike so he brings the cat home as his muse. Can watching the inexplicable behaviors of a cat form material for a novel?
    Featuring perspectives from the human's point of view as well as the cat's." -Baka-Manga

- - - - - - - -

This was one of the shows I was looking forward to, this season. I'm a reader of the manga, and there has yet to be a chapter I'd be disappointed with. The format of the series is rather interesting, covering the povs of both the MC dude and the MC cat. Although the cat is given a voice, it only exists as the cat's inner voice in the parts where the focus is on the cat. When the focus is on the human, the cat is just a cat, only capable of meowing, hissing, etc. Even when we get the cat's pov, despite the human voiced thoughts, the cat still behaves more or less like an animal. This is the excellent point of the series in my opinion.

Otherwise the story and characters might not be anything super extraordinary. This is kind of like Barakamon, or something, the story of the growth of an eccentric artist. Definitely not the kind of show you'd have every season.

The anime seemed fine in my opinion as a manga reader.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    This show is really super boring, not gonna lie.

It's not necessarily "bad"... but man, it's boring.
    I already skipped through half the first episode, but I enjoy the silly cat stuff - that's pretty fun.
    Same for the second episode. The pet shop scene was enjoyable, and then the cat PoV was good too.

Everything else? Hard to watch and to not press the pause button and start browsing forums/internet

It's a really weird show, I watch the human PoV because the jokes on the cat PoV get better when I do that.

on a side note:

would've perfered a different cat race... I dislike these horrible "breeded into suffering" flat faced cats.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Fri, 01-18-2019 at 06:24 PM.

It's that kind of show by nature, surely not for everyone. I tried to allude to that by mentioning Barakamon. Well, the manga also hasn't seen a translated chapter released for nearly half a year, so you aren't seemingly alone with your opinion.