287011.jpg

"* Based on a fantasy isekai manga written by Akashiro Aoi and illustrated by Hangetsuban Sonshou.

As heir to a cult leader, Yukito centers his life around the mysterious goddess Mitama. But everything changes after he's killed during a ritual gone wrong. To his surprise, Yukito is reborn into a world with no concept of god! And in this world, life and death are decided by the Imperial State. As Yukito fights to protect his new village, someone from his past life lends a helping hand.

Source: Crunchyroll"

Genre(s): Isekai, Seinin

Upon first inspection, you could be forgiven for thinking this is a chunni fever dream. And you'd be right. Isekai with no magic or monsters almost feels like slice of life, except that little drops of ominous foreshadowing to suggest this world ain't quite right... Forced euthanasia and the aid of a loli-kami-sama. The conflict has been set up, and this might be decent fun in its own right!

There might me an interesting concept to explore here- the state of creation absent a creator- but I doubt anything meaningful would be done in that regard. The greatest strength of this is that there are genuinely so many ways the story could progress that I'm interested to see what happens next. Rare for isekai.