Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NOSTALGIA

Quote Originally Posted by complich8 View Post
    we are all old now. Deal with it.
    Hay complich, get on that mass email!
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

I remember when I was a junior dev, I always visit GW in the afternoon when I am procrastinating to check if there's any fun discussion or interesting topic. Fun times.

As for me, I moved to the Netherlands.

Thanks shinta|hikari for the sig.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I started off coming here for the AonE releases (when aone.blogspot.com was slowing down), then started chatting to people and the like. Uni days were cruisy and unengaging so I torrented and talked shit instead.

Good times.

I don't get to binge anime as much as I used to now post grad.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

It certainly is a nostalgia trip, coming back and seeing old friends after such a long absence.

Not gonna lie... I often find myself wishing I could turn back time 14 to 15 years and rediscover/revisit Gotwoot again in its heyday. I spent entirely too much time here, but I really had a blast hanging around here with everyone. I consider it to be a pretty defining part of my early adulthood, spanning mostly all of my twenties and into my early thirties with the few who still remain in the IRC channel. Though as of the last several months, I have even been mostly absent from discussion there.

I can only hope that all of you are healthy, happy, and making waves riding out the ebb and flow that is this tide of life.

Also, Congrats KitKat! That is outstanding! I wish all the best for you both!

I occasionally check in to see if this bad boy's still alive. Certain insights about anime I can always appreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by oyabun View Post
    I remember when I was a junior dev, I always visit GW in the afternoon when I am procrastinating to check if there's any fun discussion or interesting topic. Fun times.

As for me, I moved to the Netherlands.
    Omoshiroi!

Where in the Netherlands might you be located?

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I started off coming here for the AonE releases (when aone.blogspot.com was slowing down), then started chatting to people and the like. Uni days were cruisy and unengaging so I torrented and talked shit instead.

Good times.

I don't get to binge anime as much as I used to now post grad.
    Aone was the sole reason for me also. I refused downloading from Dattebayo bigots.

And so the discussions began...

As of now I'm currently in between jobs so I can get my drivers license ASAP. Plans are in development to start as an engineer for the local cable company. Been together with my girlfriend for almost 10 years and Tekken and anime are still part of my routine.

Looking back I regret not being more active on here seeing how warm and lovely everybody still is. Hope y'all doing good and getting better at life. I know how hard it can be.

KitKat! Just, WOW! Hope you live happily ever after! Best of luck-droppings and lots of love-vomit into your direction!

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

Man... havent been here in ages, last time i posted anything was 2016 lol

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

So the old forums just kinda disappeared over the weekend and I pretty much panicked because I didn't know what to do about it.

Luckily when I google searched "gotwoot forums" a week later, the new .org came up.

One of the other old forums I used to visit a lot shut down recently(Everquest related), but they gave a heads up, and created a Discord server to replace the forum instead. And the Discord is getting a lot more traffic than the forum was at the end.

Wanted to see up something similar, but didn't know how to contact anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by DEX
    One of the other old forums I used to visit a lot shut down recently(Everquest related), but they gave a heads up, and created a Discord server to replace the forum instead. And the Discord is getting a lot more traffic than the forum was at the end.
    That's pretty much IRC right now.

Y is pushing for us to join Discord instead. He doesn't have much support right now.

Quote Originally Posted by IFHTT View Post
    It certainly is a nostalgia trip, coming back and seeing old friends after such a long absence.

Not gonna lie... I often find myself wishing I could turn back time 14 to 15 years and rediscover/revisit Gotwoot again in its heyday. I spent entirely too much time here, but I really had a blast hanging around here with everyone. I consider it to be a pretty defining part of my early adulthood, spanning mostly all of my twenties and into my early thirties with the few who still remain in the IRC channel. Though as of the last several months, I have even been mostly absent from discussion there.

I can only hope that all of you are healthy, happy, and making waves riding out the ebb and flow that is this tide of life.

Also, Congrats KitKat! That is outstanding! I wish all the best for you both!
    Agreed. We had so many epic and interesting conversations.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Quote Originally Posted by KitKat View Post
    On a more personal note, I'm getting married this summer. We're planning on having an ice cream sundae bar and a bouncy castle at the wedding.
    might as well post photos from the wedding in here just to celebrate

Quote Originally Posted by Killa-Eyez View Post
    I occasionally check in to see if this bad boy's still alive. Certain insights about anime I can always appreciate.

Omoshiroi!

Where in the Netherlands might you be located?
    I am currently in Rotterdam.

Thanks shinta|hikari for the sig.

Checking in too many years later.

Now I'm in my 30's, dear god the time is going too quickly.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woofcat View Post
    Checking in too many years later.

Now I'm in my 30's, dear god the time is going too quickly.
    Ah ! I had no internet as a child/teen so I can't even understand. Only that I've been here from early 30s from mid 40s now... Geez...

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Surprising to see so many are actually still checking in. Congratulations KitKat!! (I'm a year in myself, I was )

Is this resurgence the work of an email blast or something? I was 14 when I began making signatures and binge watching anime as I went through the culture shock of moving from the islands to the States. I've doubled my lifespan since my first visit and my GotWoot bookmark is still as prominent as ever. =)

Good to "see" you all alive and having your own journeys!
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Quote Originally Posted by Luci
    Is this resurgence the work of an email blast or something? I was 14 when I began making signatures and binge watching anime as I went through the culture shock of moving from the islands to the States. I've doubled my lifespan since my first visit and my GotWoot bookmark is still as prominent as ever. =)
    The domain gotwoot.net broke a few months back. Comp had already set up a mirror site gotwoot.org for the day it would happen permamently. Those who visited gotwoot.net thought the site had died, felt great relief upon finding it's alive again - and posted. Others who lurk might be chiming in. That's how I'm reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifus View Post
    I was 14 when I began making signatures and binge watching anime as I went through the culture shock of moving from the islands to the States.
    Speaking of signatures, yours doesn't work anymore. You gotta make a new one, haha.

I bet young people now don't even know what a signature is.. time changes everything, even the internet.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

-Crazy how MCU is cool now, only nerds like liked xmen and stuff back in the 90s.
    -it wouldn't be a bad idea to make a discord. where do i join?
    -the hit of nostalgia is crazy, like deja vu for feelings.
    -thanks for the interesting conversations and community from 15-20 years ago. Good old Naruto days.