"Since the graduation of the senior members of the club, Takezou ends up being the sole member of the Koto (traditional Japanese string instrument) club. Now that the new school year has begun, Takezou will have to seek out new members into the club, or the club will become terminated. Out of nowhere, a new member barges into the near-abandoned club room, demanding to join the club. How will Takezou be able to keep his club alive and deal with this rascal of a new member?" -Manga-Updates

- - - - - -

The manga is one of my current favourites. It's a shounen manga drawn by a shoujo author, which gives it special kind of oomph, namely the best of both worlds kind. It's not all about relationships like shoujo series, instead it's very heavily about the music and club activity like a shounen manga. But at the same time the relationships and what's inside of the heads of the characters aren't as simplified as in shounen manga. If you like stories where real progress happens, this is exactly like that. However, since this is a music series, the manga was, unavoidably, kind of lacking since manga is a mute media. That's why the anime announcement made me really happy.

The first episode is very much an introduction one. I'm not sure if it's a really powerful one either (the hook is kind of lacking), but it was necessary to understand what's driving two of the central characters.