Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba

episode 7 (final):

Aaaand the tears start flowing again!

I really have to say, it's still impressive how this anime managed to make you care about a newly introduced character in the span of a movie.

Hyped for the new season!

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Entertainment District Arc 01

---

Double episode!

Are the next half dozen arcs just gonna be Tanjiro hanging out with a Hashira before they die horribly?

Sun breathing? Now that sounds useful.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Shinobi hashira- should have seen that one coming. I guess we're gonna get Zenitsu in drag within a few eps if he specifically needed female corps members.

4 Months is a good time skip for power up purposes, and Muzan is still intimidating, so lets do this!

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    I guess we're gonna get Zenitsu in drag within a few eps if he specifically needed female corps members.
    It should be Inosuke. He's the pretty one!

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    It should be Inosuke. He's the pretty one!

The middle one is Inosuke, the rest aren't 100% matches as far as brows, eye colour and moles go. I can't quite pin it. Could well be new characters, but that montage should really reflect our current group of 4 IMO.

I had Zenitsu's unconvincing drag in the ED.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Fun episode mostly. New guy sucks, I wonder if I'll end up liking him similarly to how I cared about Kyoujuro at the end of the train arc.

Btw. I really hate how each season now is named after one arc. That's ok for a movie, but for a whole season, it just tells me "not a whole lot is gonna happen" :/ Or, nothing beyond that specific arc is gonna happen. Shounen series of the past would surprise you with their structure and what's going to happen, but now we already know that everything is gonna happen in this entertainment district. Not saying that this won't be fun and all, but I don't want to know that before watching.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

On the contrary; I'm glad we have it in writing that this entire arc will finish before the next two year wait.

Entertainment District ep 03

---------------------------

Okay, so there are 3 houses that the wives have infiltrated.
    -Zenitsu's Oiran is a definite demon.
    -Inosuke's Oiran hasn't been sighted yet, but a demon visits their house and uses cloth abilities (much like the one that just snagged Zenitsu)
    -Tanjiro's Oiran didn't show any suggestion of being a demon, and Tanjiro didn't recognise her as one either.

In the ED there are 3 girls, 2 of which have the lateral eye makeup thing, and their motif seems to be ribbons of cloth. I don't quite get it yet, but maybe there are 2-3 demons despite the OP only showing 1. There could be fewer numbers and it's just the one transversing houses, but that'd be difficult during the day.

I don't get it. So this Upper Six-demon is even stronger than the one that killed Kyojuro at the end of the train-movie. And somehow she's to be defeated by the same, hardly stronger heroes and another hashira who doesn't look all the capable compared to Kyojuro? Eh. I guess I'll see how that's gonna be written in a believable way. Surely the author wouldn't do some cheap writing like having the roof be destroyed and the demon dies from sunlight.

This one is Upper Six, the other fighter was Upper Three. Fighter is stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    This one is Upper Six, the other fighter was Upper Three. Fighter is stronger.
    But Michael Jackson talked to her as if she was the strongest after him.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    But Michael Jackson talked to her as if she was the strongest after him.
    I believe he said she COULD be the strongest.

Also, he probably tells all of them that they're the strongest.

Episode 4:

I like the episode, especially the very end. Instead of some futile escape attempt or some bs deus ex machina, Tanjirou simply goes for the realest of option: "I'm weaker than her ... but I have to win anyway!". Now the difficult part is to make it look believable.

On that matter, I didn't like how he was able to defend himself and cut free the other lady from Oiran's tentacles. I expected more from an upper six, a demon that's capable of killing a hashira. Sure, she might have been playing around with her prey, but still. I hope they do her justice in the near future and show how fearsome she truly is.

I thought the cut was pure coincidence. He was just trying to defend himself and managed to cut a bit off that's useful.

He look he gave the cloth on the ground after she gave that comment wasn't the look of someone who did that intentionally.

No way that was coincidence, because a slightly different cut would have killed the hostage. Tanjiro wouldn't have risked that.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    That's when it's popularity exploded, yes.
    While I'm finally catching up with the current arc...I'll comment on this bit.

It wasn't the climax in eps 19 that's stuck with me the longest, though it certainly made an impression. A part of it has been the dry comedy or cutesy slapstick expertly used in between the segments of horror and action. The series hits that correct balance, weighted towards the horror-action.

The fact that a shonen series also has an ENDING is a big plus for it, because it means we won't get arc after arc of resets and power-rescaling just to extend out the franchise.

But the part that's stuck with me the longest since the first series ended was actually Spider-Mother's gentle death. Tanjiro is different than most protagonists. He's observant, diligent, and always compassionate before he gets angry. That's why the screaming at Upper-3 was so moving. We don't get to see his rage very often because it just isn't there. Tanjiro is so different from most male leads, to the point that he was able to dissuade an assassin who simply witnessed his innermost self.

Yeah. Tanjiro is just the goodest of good boys. Which should make him boring.

I don't get it. So this Upper Six-demon is even stronger than the one that killed Kyojuro at the end of the train-movie. And somehow she's to be defeated by the same, hardly stronger heroes and another hashira who doesn't look all the capable compared to Kyojuro? Eh. I guess I'll see how that's gonna be written in a believable way. Surely the author wouldn't do some cheap writing like having the roof be destroyed and the demon dies from sunlight.
    Daki (Upper-6) is certainly weaker than the other Upper demons in terms of actual combat ability, as shown by Tanjiro being able to cut her at all, but she makes up for it in terms of cunning and effectiveness.

Upper-3 is a Battle Retard. He's strong, but he sure is stupid. He got goaded into a lot of mistakes fighting Kyoujurou, and stupidly tried to convince the one of the Best Boys to join them. Which shows a real lack of comprehension and reading people. He's also branded himself a coward, and even attempted to boast of that failure to Muzan.

Daki knows well that a Hashira would be able to detect her instantly, and yet she's still killed a lot. I don't think Muzan is lying about how much he respects her. She follows his model too, going into hibernation or relocating for a few decades before resurfacing as a new Oiran to repeat the pattern.

She's careful, methodical, clean, and very skilled at ambushes in her own preferred hunting grounds. The one guy suspected her, but that's only after she's started openly killing. She was probably pretty close to moving on as it stood, but even then, she's selecting targets who were about to leave, and settled in an area where people disappear all the time for explainable reasons.

She's everything Muzan wants in an Upper Six. I would imagine that if she successfully killed off everyone here, and escaped cleanly, that Muzan would reward her with a significant blood infusion to rank her upwards.

On that matter, I didn't like how he was able to defend himself and cut free the other lady from Oiran's tentacles. I expected more from an upper six, a demon that's capable of killing a hashira. Sure, she might have been playing around with her prey, but still. I hope they do her justice in the near future and show how fearsome she truly is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I thought the cut was pure coincidence. He was just trying to defend himself and managed to cut a bit off that's useful.
    Same. He knew the obi sash like tentacles were her weapons, and noticed she was using them to somehow sub-space absorb them, and also that it was unlikely that Daki had openly killed anyone (why he suspected the wives were all still alive), but severing out the good Oiran was completely a fortunate accident. All three leads do that quite a bit. They're luckier than they are skilled at this point.

It's actually a surprise that Kanao still outranks all of them. I'd like to see her fight, honestly.

The reminder of the ranking tree this episode gave me the warm fuzzies I crave from shounen. Any explanation why the wives were not killed yet? She seemed to be trying to get information from one of them, but is that all, and could any of the characters infer that somehow?

The wives aren't killed because the plot requires it, lol