Thread: Kidou Senshi Gundam: The Origin

Kidou Senshi Gundam: The Origin

What was the tragedy that decided the fates of Char Aznable, the man later nicknamed the "Red Comet" as an ace pilot of the Zeon forces, and his sister Sayla Mass?

The two siblings' journeys, brought on by the sudden death of their father Zeon Zum Deikun who was a leader of the Spacenoids, are depicted in the four episodes of "Chronicle of Char and Sayla."

The Zabi family who seize control of Side 3 and lead the Principality of Zeon, the early days of many renowned Zeon ace pilots who later fight in the One Year War, the secrets of mobile suit development, conflicts with the Earth Federation Forces, and the road leading to the outbreak of war—all will be revealed
    Apparently this is a tv edit of a 2015 movie series, didn't know, don't care.

I just watched episode 1 and it's already my favorite anime of the season. Love the classic artstyle and its expressive character design. The little daughter especially was so cute to watch.
    No idea why it needs Gundam to do this, but this anime does what is missing from 99% of all modern anime: consequence and competent adult characters. Plus believable child characters.

Dunno what else to say. It feels like I'm back 20 years ago and watching some good ol' Escaflowne while playing Chrono Trigger. That's the anime this is.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

I had to create this gif. She's the cutest girl ever 🙈❤

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    The movies were really good. It'll be interesting to hear how much extra footage time the TV series ends up adding.

This is exactly like what they did with Unicorn.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Episode 3:

Another great episode. Is this telling the very origins of Gundam, huh? Hence tge title's 'The Origin'? Really interesting.

Only complaint: the time skip was a bit very sudden. I hope the series isn't rushing things. 13 episodes should be enough to tell a story.

Episode 6:

Man, I really like this anime, but Chars is a real asshole.

Tbh I forgot what his end goal actually is. Revenge against Zabis? If so, did he think that Lino would blow his cover?

Episode 13:

Umm, I really liked it, but.... thats the last episode? Wtf ..

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

What happens at the last episode? Does it not tie into the original Gundam?

I dont know the original gundam. Is there a direct continuation?

It ends with a summary of showing where some characters will end up, like Amuro joining the Gundam organization. Is there an anime where Char (red mobile suit) and Amuro fight?

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    I dont know the original gundam. Is there a direct continuation?

It ends with a summary of showing where some characters will end up, like Amuro joining the Gundam organization. Is there an anime where Char (red mobile suit) and Amuro fight?
    Yes. The first Mobile Suit Gundam.

Hence this is Gundam: Origin.