Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece

---

Goddamn this has been a trip. Laugh Tale...

That said, they seem to be hinted that Luffy might be some kinda destined chosen one. And I don't like that, that shit kinda ruined Naruto.

I kinda got misty when the original ED theme kicked in...

Did Roger's VA change? He sounds completely different from how he sounded in the intros of the early episodes.

Edit: Yeah, the first guy died. Too bad, the new voice just doesn't have the same gravitas...
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sat, 04-03-2021 at 11:20 PM.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    One advantage that One Piece has over many shounen contemporaries is that it never forgets its roots in adventure. It maintains the spirit of adventure so unabashedly that the audience feels like it is also exploring this huge, weird world. It feels good and makes the lore so much more richer than petty small scale conflicts or isolated story beats.

Does the old crone with Orochi have the same devil fruit that Bon Clay did? The power seems very similar...

I still wanna know if Roger had a fruit. We haven't seen him use one, but he still might.

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    Does the old crone with Orochi have the same devil fruit that Bon Clay did? The power seems very similar...
    Pretty sure it has the same name.

So looking back at this flashback, we have a good idea of some things for Luffy's path now.

Luffy already has the Zou and Big Mom Road Ponyglyphs. It's a pretty safe bet that, by the end of Wano, he's going to have the Wano glyph.

But we saw from the flashback that the last Ponyglyph was on Fishman Island, but Luffy was already there, and there was only one glyph there. So somebody took the Road Glyph. My bet is that Shanks has it.

They also revealed that there's a place where the Log Pose paths end. Lodestar, which is essentially the last island before Laugh Tale.

Luffy has already said that he intends to have a showdown with Shanks. I could see that happening at Lodestar. Maybe they have a Davey Back Fight, where the winner gets all the Road Ponyglyphs.

But before they get to Lodestar, there HAS to be an Elbaf arc. There just has to.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    But we saw from the flashback that the last Ponyglyph was on Fishman Island, but Luffy was already there, and there was only one glyph there. So somebody took the Road Glyph. My bet is that Shanks has it.
    I'm trying to remember, where was the 4th when Roger was looking for them? Because I assume Big Mom wasn't in possession of hers at the time. It's entirely possible that Big Mom has the fishman one, considering that she "claimed" the island after Whitebeard died.

Edit: Ah, so, Big Mom's poneglyph is actually hinted at from Jinbe's cover story adventure that took place before he alliied with Big Mom. Which means the anime will probably never show this story.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    I'm trying to remember, where was the 4th when Roger was looking for them? Because I assume Big Mom wasn't in possession of hers at the time.
    It was. He specifically said he already got took a copy from her.

Ep. 967 at 11:50
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Mon, 04-12-2021 at 12:48 AM.

---

Jesus fucking christ, Oden DESERVES to die. I can't BELIEVE how fucking stupid he is.

"Yeah, I'm just gonna honor this ridiculous deal with this duplicitous piece of shit that lied to everyone in the country and murdered my father. I'm SURE he'll uphold his end."

Fuck, that's frustrating. I could understand if he just lost because Kaido was too strong. But to lose everything because of his own overwhelming stupidity is just frustrating...

Especially the fact that, he had him. Orochi was right there, in HIS town, in front of HIS retainers, when he told him "Yeah, I'm not keeping that promise" and Oden didn't kill him right then and there.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Mon, 04-26-2021 at 10:23 AM.

At least he lost due to deception at the end anyway.

That face fruit user is really carrying team Orochi at this point.

At least he lost due to deception at the end anyway.

That face fruit user is really carrying team Orochi at this point.
    Not to mention the barrier guy that was the only reason Orochi didn't die on the spot. Now both of those devil fruits are possessed by allies of Luffy.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

And this episode made me realize that Oden is supposed to be an Ishikawa Goemon reference.

---

*phew* Flashback finally over.

So, now all of Oden's retainers are accounted for. Glasses guy is yakuza who was obvious goodguy, and also the real Robin Hood guy. And older brother ladyboy is still off being one of Whitebeard's captain.

Interesting that one of them is a secret badguy though. That should be interesting.

Interesting deviation of pacing with this episode. The Denjiro reveal and spy scene are a little more out of left field in the manga, though they did a good job with the details here. Nice wrap-up to the longest flashback sequence ever.

Probably safe to rule out Inu, Neko, and Kawamatsu as possible spies, though, since I doubt their parents were likely theatrical performers living in Wano, heh. Also rules out Shinobu, which, at the time, was my suspicion of being the spy.
    Last edited by Assertn; Mon, 05-31-2021 at 12:42 PM.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I'm glad he made it clear it was one of the people on the execution platform. So that it rules out being some incidental side character.

The setup though also makes it hard to be mad at whoever it is when they reveal them though, because it establishes that they are an utterly broken person.

So instead of being all "How dare you betray them soandso!" I'm just gonna be like, "Oh man, that poor dude."

Yeah, I'm guessing they didn't have enough backstory remaining to fill an episode, so they went a little out-of-order on some of the reveals and details.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Great wrap-up for a better-than expected flashback arc. Can't wait to see what happens next- and the eventual spy reveal. That implies that one of his retainers was murdered and replaced, right? And since Bon Clay has the impersonation fruit now, there's no way its the same old lady character, but someone completely different?

Great wrap-up for a better-than expected flashback arc. Can't wait to see what happens next- and the eventual spy reveal. That implies that one of his retainers was murdered and replaced, right?
    The spy has been in place all the way back since Orochi was just a servant borrowing money from Oden. That suggests that the person in question has been a spy the whole time.

Great wrap-up for a better-than expected flashback arc. Can't wait to see what happens next- and the eventual spy reveal. That implies that one of his retainers was murdered and replaced, right? And since Bon Clay has the impersonation fruit now, there's no way its the same old lady character, but someone completely different?
    Naw, Kaido mentions to Udon during his execution that he had killed the old lady for meddling with their battle.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Not that Kaido is exactly trustworthy.

Like, all of this shit about tricking the entire country of Wano was his plan to begin with. So he's not some honorable warrior that wouldn't stoop to lying.

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    I decided to start watching this again, starting from the end of Water 7/Enies Lobby. I'm at the Whole Cake Island arc. I know Mom is a bad guy, but she's pretty awesome. She has the whole chaotic neutral + unreasonable pirate thing going on, like Luffy does. (Though, again, she is bad and definitely abuses people)

Oh yeah, Dressrosa was awesome. I'm glad Fujitora wasn't one of those absolute justice assholes.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

Quote Originally Posted by poopdeville View Post
    I decided to start watching this again, starting from the end of Water 7/Enies Lobby. I'm at the Whole Cake Island arc.
    Wow, that's a pretty intense marathon. Yeah, Linlin is chill, as long as you...
    1) Never try to leave her territory
    2) Give up some of your soul as tax
    3) Don't get in her way when she has hunger pangs
    Other than that no biggie!
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07