Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    ...and we're fighting rain... Momonosuke is being noble... Wano weapons are high quality (sniper cannons)- funny that that was all that was needed to put everyone in a tight spot.... but then...

Jimbei Hype! Nothing less than a full force for this battle. Awesome. Was there theoretically one more space left in the crew, or are we all aboard now?

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    Was there theoretically one more space left in the crew, or are we all aboard now?
    Luffy said he wanted 10, but he doesn't include himself, so he's got one slot left.

Still hoping Carrot gets the nod.

Every crewmate also has to have a utility function in addition to combat ability, though. So far we have:
    Captain: Luffy
    First Mate: Zoro
    Chef: Sanji
    Navigator: Nami
    Sharpshooter: Usopp
    Doctor: Chopper
    Archaeologist (shhh): Robin
    Shipwright: Franky
    Musician (Most important role): Brooke
    Helmsman: Jimbei
    Electrician(?): Carrot
    Last edited by Assertn; Fri, 07-02-2021 at 11:48 PM.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Carrot
    Lookout.

---

Man, what an expensive looking episode for no big fights taking place.

I'm glad they didn't toast without Carrot.

Man, what an expensive looking episode for no big fights taking place.
    Yeah, but a lot of nice setup, too. Showed all the key groups of Kaido's army, and Luffy's decision to postpone the kanpai was dope. Really gives the feeling like they're going to succeed in taking down some yonkous this time.

I'm glad they didn't toast without Carrot.
    Gotta wait for the most important character to join
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

The craft on display is just unnecessary. That single cut of Sanji wobbling across the screen to the toast had more frames than most episodes did during Whole Cake island... That and the introduction of Kaido's (other) lieutenants and a Queen AMV? Don't spoil me! We still have 400+ episodes to go!

This did really remind me that they are going to be fighting two Yonkous at the same time and they have no choice but to win. After this arc, there won't be many credible threats left to the Straw Hats.

There's still the admirals, cp0, the mysterious WG leaders, and, of course, Blackbeard. Considering any single arc can take 2 years, that leaves us with a lot of episodes left.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    There's still the admirals, cp0, the mysterious WG leaders, and, of course, Blackbeard. Considering any single arc can take 2 years, that leaves us with a lot of episodes left.
    I'll be surprised if the Admirals, CP0 and the WG leaders don't end up being a single arc.

I'm definitely expecting one of the last two arcs of the series to just be the World Government War arc.

I group Cipher Pol 0 with CP9; which is to say pre timeskip levels of strength, given how CP9 was touted as the best. If I recall, they needed all three admirals, dozens of vice admerals, and around 5 warlords to fend off one emperor's crew + allies, so I rate their strength lower, but we never got a clear read on the combined strength of Whitebeard's buddies. The WG leaders and their hidden muscle (not the navy) could still be scary, I suppose, but we saw Fujitora get boxed into the ground by a half dead Newgate, so I'd put admirals well below Yonkais.

All that to say, once Strat Hats can beat Big Mom and/or Kaido, not much can touch them in a fair fight.

I group Cipher Pol 0 with CP9; which is to say pre timeskip levels of strength
    No,they're definitely on a much higher tier. Lucci and Kaku were the big badasses in CP9, and are, like, the rookies in CP0

Good to hear, and it makes sense story-wise, but do you recall where that was established?

Good to hear, and it makes sense story-wise, but do you recall where that was established?
    That CP0 is stronger? Or that Lucci and Kaku are in CP0?

Either way, the answer is no. Although the first sentence of their wiki page is "CP-0, more properly known as Cipher Pol Aigis Zero, is the strongest intelligence organization among Cipher Pol."

Maybe that just means their intelligence is stronger. But I assume they mean fighting strength.

It makes me very pleased to hear that my boy Rob *insert profanity* Lucci might come back into the show now, if he's a member of 0.

It makes me very pleased to hear that my boy Rob *insert profanity* Lucci might come back into the show now, if he's a member of 0.
    Lucci was in the most recent movie.

Yeah, and I think he had a bit with Sabo in the Gold movie, as well. I specifically meant back into a full cannon arc (even though Gold was essentially an arc). Such a cool character design for my taste.

---

Jinbei in the intro group shots now!

He did show up as CP0 in the show. He was there in Mariejois when Charloss was trying to enslave Shirahoshi.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Almost as soon as we said it (give or take couple months), Oda gave Kinemon's fruit one last use. Obviously he's lurking in this thread and was reminded about this power by us, and for that, world; You're welcome.

Now that they're reunited, did something happen to Killer that made him go bounty hunter until Zoro beat him? I figure he would have been trying to rescue Kidd from Udon; not hunting down the Komurasaki. I know he got force fed the smile fruit, but other than laughing, does that change a person somehow?

I believe he was basically being blackmailed, along with all of Kid's crew.

"You work for us now. Do what we say or we'll kill your captain."

He knew he couldn't just run in there and bust Kid out. So until Kid was freed, he had no choice but to do their bidding.