Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece

So, I got bored and decided to catch up on the last few One Piece movies that I had skipped.

Most of them were the usual garbage Shonen Jump movies.

The most recent one though, Stampede was rad as shit!

Instead of wasting a bunch of time on a stupid plot nobody cares about anyway, it's spends all of maybe 10 minutes setting up the story, and then spends the next hour and a half on just endless kickass fight scenes with every cool character in the series you can imagine! Like for reals, maybe 50 of them!

And even that 10 minute plot...kinda interesting.

Well I found out apparently 3 more episodes came out since last I watched, so that's nice. If it feels like you missed some plot details, though, don't worry, it's not because the show was on hiatus for so long, it's because it actually was like that in the manga, too.

-----
    That being Law's friends getting captured, Kaido somehow knowing about the tattoos, Zoro's sword randomly stolen, and Kidd escaping the prison.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Pretty sure Kidd escaping happened before the hiatus.

---

But yeah, letting Luffy out of the cuffs was really dumb. Like, do none of them know who he is?

"If we give this guy being called the 5th Emperor his powers back, we'll totally be able to kill him with some jobbers with swords."

Can I just reiterate how frustrating it is that Jinbe was invited to the crew SIX ARCS ago and STILL isn't with the crew yet!

Now we're stuck in the middle of the Japan arc and the Strawhat that ALWAYS dresses like he's Japanese isn't even there! What the actual fuck!

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Looks like Toei forgot to send me a message when they began airing new episodes again, those sillies!

I'll take Queen letting Luffy out of the cuffs if it saves a two episode long mini arc of Raizo getting him the key. hope Luffy's new technique or w/e is flashy...

Was the Kappa character mentioned before?

Sanji in the bathhouse; we must be nearing the end because it looks like one straw hat has gotten their dream. All Blue can't compare to full view... Sanji is in an odd spot right now where I can't place his power with the new suit because he can't seem finish a fight right now. Is he stronger than supernovas or not?

I wonder if Hou will get buff again after some proper nourishment, or if his place is now charismatic figure head.

When did this guy steal Zoro's sword again?
    Last edited by neflight86; Sun, 09-13-2020 at 03:02 PM. Reason: typos noticed waaaay after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    Sanji in the bathhouse; we must be nearing the end because it looks like one straw hat has gotten their dream. All Blue can't compare to full view... Sanji is in an odd spot right now where I can't place his power with the new suit because he can't seem finish a fight right now. Is he stronger than supernovas or not?
    All Nami > All Blue. Sanji has usually been comparable to Zoro, even though he never got any credit. If Zoro was a supernova pre-timeskip, then Sanji definitely has to be close to that.
    Was the Kappa character mentioned before?
    I think it's been mentioned by now that he's one of the 9 red scabbards that Kinemon's been looking for.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

He was probably stronger than some of the Supernovas before. Sanji never gets the same recognition as Luffy or Zoro because he keeps himself much more low-key than they do.

Or at least, he did before the Whole Cake thing...

I really want to see a Soba Mask/Sogeking team-up.

Calling it now; when Zoro needs a quick power up in the future sometime, he's just gonna open that other eye and reveal it's been closed as part of his training.

Is that a...thing? Does closing one eye work the same as wearing weights or fighting with your offhand?

"I trained myself to see one-eyed, so now when I open this eye, I see TWICE as good!" And would that even help? He's a swordfighter, not a sniper.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Is that a...thing? Does closing one eye work the same as wearing weights or fighting with your offhand?

"I trained myself to see one-eyed, so now when I open this eye, I see TWICE as good!" And would that even help? He's a swordfighter, not a sniper.
    Maybe he's storing up observation haki into that eye :^)
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Depth perception, yo. That plus it would make a cool reveal while also suggesting none of his post time skip opponents had even seen/been worthy of his 'final form'. Has he even actually struggled with any of his fights since the New Line? Does Hoardy count?

Who was his main enemy in Dressrosa? Pica? I don't remember if that was a challenge for him or not.

I recall all of Zoro's fights being more or less time-wasters or annoying more than actually dangerous to Zoro. Even Pica never got off a single good attack on him.

I'm not sure Zoro has had a GOOD fight since Mr. 1.

The Kaku fight started out good, but then turned into a comedy bit once Sogeking got involved.

Edit: Oh, the other thing I learned watching that last movie is that the One Piece island is apparently called Laugh Tale, not Raftel. As it's name is shown written out on something.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Thu, 07-23-2020 at 12:38 AM.

Not really related to the current episodes or anything, but I have a working theory that I kinda want to put down here in case it ends up being true.

So one of Kaido's deals is that he is supposedly immortal. But we don't quite know why yet. It's probably not because of his devil fruit, because that's a zoan-type. So unless his specific dragon is, like, "immortal dragon" or something, then it's something else.

On the other side of this, you have Law's Devil Fruit, the Ope Ope no Mi. Which, allows the user to take things apart and swap them around at will within a certain area. But it was stated in the Dressrosa arc that one of the things the fruit can do is make someone immortal. But it was never really explained HOW. How do you make someone immortal just by moving things around.

Now, to be fair, the Ope Ope no Mi has some pretty abstract applications of "moving things around". Like being able to swap two people's minds. So it could be something as equally abstract as "removing their mortality". Either way, doing so supposedly kills the user.

So my theory, is that Kaido is immortal because a previous Ope Ope no Mi user made him immortal. In which case, I wonder if, as the current user, Law has the ability to make Kaido mortal again by reversing the process. Which would seem pivotal for the conclusion of this arc.

That's all. If this all turns out to be true than I'll feel smug about having figured it out.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Tue, 07-28-2020 at 12:25 PM.

And smug you should feel if so, because that makes a lot of sense... I totally forgot about that benefit of the op-op fruit. If I recall, that requires the user to trade their life, correct?

Oh, and Sanji's admission fee buildup: 10/10; would peek again.

And smug you should feel if so, because that makes a lot of sense... I totally forgot about that benefit of the op-op fruit. If I recall, that requires the user to trade their life, correct?
    That particular operation does, yes. Though I can't figure out why it would based on what we know.

If you're putting some one else's life inside the patient, that shouldn't make them immortal, just extend their lifespan. And why would it have to take the user's life? Why couldn't it be from anyone in the Room?

---

So that uh...that new OP's got some stuff in it.

Are we not supposed to know that the woman with Zoro is Komurosaki? The show seems to be treating it like it's a reveal.

Meanwhile, Luffy trying to Kamehameha. But doesn't Zoro already know how to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post

---

So that uh...that new OP's got some stuff in it.

Are we not supposed to know that the woman with Zoro is Komurosaki? The show seems to be treating it like it's a reveal.
    At the end she reveals herself as Hiroyi, not Komurosaki, though.

Meanwhile, Luffy trying to Kamehameha. But doesn't Zoro already know how to do that?
    Eh, you mean with the sword projectiles? Well, technically Usopp developed a form of observation haki before any other strawhats back in Dressrosa, and Sanji is still the only strawhat that can geppo. Each the strawhats have been dipping into different skill trees.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Oh, also neat reveal that Shisui is black because it's got permanent Armor Haki.

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    At the end she reveals herself as Hiroyi, not Komurosaki, though.
    I also figured THAT out awhile ago too because the first time they talked about Momonosuke having a sister they smash cut to Komurosaki right after.