Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: One Piece

Finally, some progress.

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    Did we ever see this interaction where it looked like Sanji backhanded the geisha with the mouse?
    Yes. It was while he was freaking out about becoming a monster.

---

Big Mom and Kaido are the only serious threats left now.

---

Fuck you, TBC!

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    That was the worst one in a while.

---

Hiyori smarter than 99% of the characters in the series...

Looks like we're finally at the main event. Only Kaido remains.

I forgot just how much characters in One Piece tend to let themselves go (see Gekko Moria). I presume Big Mom was older than Kaido, then, when he joined the "Rox"? Now I understand how she got pregnant the first dozen times. By the time the looks were gone, she had the power.

Hiyori didn't come off as vengeful so far, so the double fake out was surprising. I was expecting 'this' Komurasaki to be a government agent or the like.

Not how I expected that fight to end. Twice now Kaido's gotten interference in pivotal battles. As I see it, the disappointed look in his eyes is that he didn't get to act out the survival of the fittest again, and I don't think he can take it.

Yeah, that expression is really something. Just...complete despair.

That CP0 guy is probably SUPER fucked.

---

Oh yeah! Next week shit's poppin' off!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    That CP0 guy is probably SUPER fucked.
    Hell yeah he was! And he knew it too.

---

Oh yeah! Next week shit's poppin' off!

Hell yeah he was! And he knew it too.
    Aww yeah, drums of liberation. What a hypey beat.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

At least CP0 took it like a man... dark justice forever!

What machinations are conspireing this time? We've heard Joyboy before, is this an implication that Luffy is a reincarnated 'chosen one'? Strangely enough, 1000 episodes in and he's not been anything special other than a "d".

Thankfully they didn't stretch the Luffy resurrection for weeks of filler. I'm sure some kids cried when he lost.

I wish there was more of an impetus for him to take on a new form. I don't much care for it when the only requirement to getting your next powerup is getting killed.

I wish there was more of an impetus for him to take on a new form. I don't much care for it when the only requirement to getting your next powerup is getting killed.
    It's the classic shounen comeback story. It gets the people goin'
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

---

FIFTH GEAR!

So...the "Rubber" Fruit was actually the "Jim Carey's The Mask" Fruit the whole time?

It's weird that Nika is a "Sun God". His powers don't seem very sun-based. Shoulda been the Loki Fruit.

The WG response here feels like a huge plothole. They consider the Gomu Gomu Fruit a huge threat, and have known for years that Luffy had it, but they've barely given a shit about him till recently.

If it's so important why wouldn't they have put a huge bounty on him and send Cipher Pol to hunt him down as soon as he emerged in East Blue?

I was getting pissed off at the animation. Not because it was Loony Toonsie(which, unlike in Naruto vs. Pain, actually makes sense here), but because I couldn't follow what was happening.

Maybe if they spent 5 less minutes on Luffy bouncing and laughing, they would not have had to condense the fight animations so much. I dunno. The Gear 5 reveal was so hype, a studio could completely butcher the pacing and still get an overwhelmingly positive response. Is it even possible to have a worse time to wrap up the Hiyori/Orochi story?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    Maybe if they spent 5 less minutes on Luffy bouncing and laughing, they would not have had to condense the fight animations so much. I dunno. The Gear 5 reveal was so hype, a studio could completely butcher the pacing and still get an overwhelmingly positive response. Is it even possible to have a worse time to wrap up the Hiyori/Orochi story?
    I agree with all of these complaints.

In a meager defense of the WG, apparently there is no way to extract the powers of a devil fruit from the living unless they enlist a person with the D. name? Nika apparently wasn't a concern unless the fruit awakened in the first place, and Straw hat hadn't so it wasn't a concern until his fight with Kaido pushed him.

That said, I also hate the whole 'renaming' of the gum-gum fruit for a power up, even if Oda tried to shoehorn in a foreshadow. Oh well, gear fifth is here so that is indeed hype. I did completely forget that Luffy hadn't awakened his fruit yet, though. I wonder if all fruits are, eventually, people when awakened? Just another mystery we can ponder on the way to the retirement home.

In a meager defense of the WG, apparently there is no way to extract the powers of a devil fruit from the living unless they enlist a person with the D. name?
    Not sure what a D. has to do with it. They've already shown that when someone with a Devil Fruit dies, a nearby piece of fruit transforms into that Devil Fruit. Which I assume isn't common knowledge, but one assumes that the WG knows that.

And even if you couldn't take the fruit from him, why wouldn't you go out of your way to capture him immediately? As soon as Luffy had his first wanted poster, an entire fleet should have been after him to throw him in Impel Down. Instead of dicking around until he was too powerful to stop.

I think it was implied that a D. named person is 'built different' back when Blackbeard killed Whitebeard and got under the sheet during the war. I think Marco mentioned it like what he did was not impossible.

The straw hats have been constantly on the move/run for the series. Luffy's had a bounty since Arlong Park. It could have been higher, but maybe they didn't know exactly what devil fruit he had till Morrigan's 5th emperor article? Travel isn't that fast or free even for the WG.

When did they mention the fruit nearby becoming a devil fruit on its owner's death? I thought it was a random fruit or one from the nebulous source of the fruits?

I think it was implied that a D. named person is 'built different' back when Blackbeard killed Whitebeard and got under the sheet during the war. I think Marco mentioned it like what he did was not impossible.
    The thing that was impossible was him being able to have 2 fruits at once, and is probably specific to Blackbeard himself.

When did they mention the fruit nearby becoming a devil fruit on its owner's death? I thought it was a random fruit or one from the nebulous source of the fruits?
    It was shown when Smiley died. An apple that was laying nearby transformed into his Devil Fruit.

So Blackbeard likely just killed Whitebeard while having a fruit on his person, and when it turned into the Quake Fruit, did...whatever he does that allows him to eat another fruit while already having one.