Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Stone

---

Short series!

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    -—-—-—-—-—–—-—-—-—-—-—–—-—-—-—-—-—–—-—-—-—-—-—–—-—-—-—-—-—–—

Dr Stone... so he probably figured a way to stonify parts of his body, so he did his neck and the blade angle was exactly so it bounced instead of sending deadly waves through the skull...

That or just a what if scene and we get the real one later. For some reason I think the blonde girl is the one saving his ass, either actively or just by being there and distracting Tsukasa.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I guess this anime just takes liberty with the animation regarding the petrification process.

The broken statues clearly just look like rock all the way through.
    People breaking out seem like they're encased in a thin layer of rock.

If both are taken to be true, then the specimen must become rock thoroughly, only to be reversed upon application of the acid mix. In that case, it'd be strange for the transformation to take place from the inside out.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

New ep out

-—--—--—--—--—--—--—--—--—--—--—--—--—--—--—-

For some reason I was not far off.
    I think he never got rid of the stone up his neck when he finalized the magic water because he already had contact with Tsukasa and thought that could be useful.
    Also I forgot the repair process.
    All in all, every bit was there including him cracking his neck.

As for depth of stonification, I guess people on the verge of getting out of it only have a thin layer remaining. Others are probably to wait a lot more... Or maybe a fully stonified body is proof that person is already dead, which would take into account the ability to count each second for 3700 years or introduce an even less scientific concept: soul.

Oh by the way, the escape and all was way too long. Even repairing the damaged vertebrae would not compensate for a brain deprived of oxygen and nutrients for that long.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Episode 05

------------------------

Well done David.

The whole petrified thing has its own issues.

For example, did Senku have petrified skin on his neck, or was his neck petrified at that spot all the way down to this spinal cord? Are they implying that mending the skin above the spinal cord fixes that as well, or was it only fixed because the entire structure was stone and thus now repaired?

If the latter, then that would imply that Senku's spinal cord was still functional despite being petrified.

("Cervical nerve" doesn't make much sense in English. I'm going to guess they meant the cervical portion of his spinal canal. Technically with a severed cervical spinal cord you can still live since your vertebral and carotid arteries are intact - but if he was hit with such force then the vertebral arteries being intact would also be somewhat unlikely.

The heart can still beat, but without C3-5 your diaphragm would likely stop contracting - and they hit him quite high up at the base of the foramen magnum there).

See, that's why killing a lion with bare hands was good - I can accept this bs without being upset 🙈

Tbh I didn't understand it in the manga and I don't here. Hopefully next episode goes into full detail about Senku's survival.

From a science point of view, the other thing that I found amusing was that Senku was revived with acid under a downpour when earlier he explained how accurate that concoction's concentration had to be to have any effect at all.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    From a science point of view, the other thing that I found amusing was that Senku was revived with acid under a downpour when earlier he explained how accurate that concoction's concentration had to be to have any effect at all.
    I presumed that was the perfected mixture they had in a bottle. It had been a few days since they separated from Tsukasa, after all.

Kind of funny that Senku's revival flashback just showed us actually exactly what we already figured happened from the first time we saw him in the stone world... but it wasn't boring, so I don't mind spending half an episode on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Netflight
    I presumed that was the perfected mixture they had in a bottle. It had been a few days since they separated from Tsukasa, after all.
    By downpour, I meant that they used the mixture while it was raining.

My main disappointment is that since they ran off, Tsukasa is the only one that's still going to be there when the blond girl shows up, which means she's probably going to end up on the villain team.

Feels like Tsukasa isn't too sociable...
    But if finding a valuable partner would help him against the trio and maybe have a better story in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post
    Feels like Tsukasa isn't too sociable...
    But if finding a valuable partner would help him against the trio and maybe have a better story in the end.
    I mean, he wouldn't have needed the formula from Senku if he wasn't planning to gather more people.

You know, just a whole tribe of kids that want to murder billions because some drunk guy yelled at them once.

Episode 06

-------------------

I see they had the whole stone petrifying thing all figured out. They addressed pretty much all my concerns and "plot holes".

And the new girl. She's cute. Good times ahead Senku.

Kohaku basically said: " I want your genes for my future babies"

I'm lagging quite a bit waiting for x265 encodes... but seems no one has bumped that thread up yet.

-–—•—–--–—•—–--–—•—–--–—•—–--–—•—–--–—•—–--–—•—–--–—•—–--–—•—–-

Once you understand that show isn't purely about science, but more a nice way to talk about science, it's easier to watch.
    I enjoyed that ep quite a bit. Had laughs even.
    Too bad the op spoils so much.

So I guess Senku wants to grow and extract some penicilium next ep. Fairly easy if you don't mistake other molds, some of them being dangerous.
    Also, I don't like the fact he thinks of a cure before examining the patient. Sure Chrome/(Soma's grand'grand'grand......'child ?) might have described symptoms that feel like. Penicilin works against lots of common bacteria a primitive group will face, even more so if said group doesn't know soap or something similar. So why not start there.

Because penicillin is HUGE? It's like the cornerstone to our current state of civilization.

And there's also been 3,700 years for whatever bacteria there might be causing it to lose any resistance to the stuff.

I had something to say when he mentioned "antibiotic" like it was just one thing (no doubt it'd be penicillin without examining the patient indeed), but then...

... fuck it. Bring on the penicillin. It's probably the only thing he can make anyway so why the hell not. Most people who've read a bit about penicillin know it comes from a mould, but no one has a clue about how cephalexin, vancomycin, ciprofloxacin or meropenum are made (including myself).

So for story's sake.. yeah, let's just keep it to penicillin. The bigger issue is going to be dosing.

So what do you do with the mould then? Eat it? And only a specific kind of mold?

Asking for when I have to survive by myself

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

No idea. I print scripts and say "Take that to pharmacy".

Youre such a tease ;o

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her