Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Vinland Saga

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Your argument is that "This is too realistic, anime needs to be less realistic"?
    No .........

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Then I don't understand your opinion about this episode.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Actually, one possibility comes to mind: If Ketil's viking son (whatshisname) returns in time, maybe he'll grant Galdar freedom if he helps fight against the king's approaching forces.
    I thought the same thing.
    Provided he's sane enough to accept a deal.

Your argument is that "This is too realistic, anime needs to be less realistic"?
    If the realism isn't interesting, then...kinda?

I thought the same thing.
    Provided he's sane enough to accept a deal.
    The king's sending the elites over though. I'm assuming the elites are all Snake-level, in which case Galdar isn't going to be much use. The farm's security forces are going to be pretty screwed.

As for Galdar, well the wise thing would be to make a run for it during the conflict, but it doesn't sound like his wife wants to leave anymore.

As for Galdar, well the wise thing would be to make a run for it during the conflict, but it doesn't sound like his wife wants to leave anymore.
    Only because she thinks it'll be a safe place to raise her child. If the Canute is coming to kill everyone, that's not really the case anymore.

I wonder if her original son will be anyone important. Maybe he's the fake Thorfinn that's hanging with Leif.

Only because she thinks it'll be a safe place to raise her child. If the Canute is coming to kill everyone, that's not really the case anymore.
    The dude being a fugitive and a vastly different person to who she knew remains unchanged though. As for her son, no idea. Fake Thorfinn has the wrong hair and seems a bit too old for the role.

Oh, you guys believe that Galdar's and Arnheid's son is still alive?

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Oh, you guys believe that Galdar's and Arnheid's son is still alive?
    I actually didn't give it much thought until DE mentioned the possibility. And now I just consider it a possibility because we didn't see him die.

The dude was a baby when he was kidnapped though, so I don't know if reuniting them is going to have any real point. He won't remember shit.

episode 15:

Man, fuck you, Snake, you are the bad guy here. Every dead man on your side is a win.

Really hope Galdar and Arnheid can escape, but this anime hasn't exactly had lots of happy ends.

Thorfinn continues to be annoying. His reasoning is as dumb as "if you're not tolerant to the intolerant, you're intolerant yourself". Ugh. Fighting to protect is a-ok.

Goddamn vikings are so fucking stupid. Those guards deserved that.

Thorfinn continues to be annoying. His reasoning is as dumb as "if you're not tolerant to the intolerant, you're intolerant yourself". Ugh. Fighting to protect is a-ok.
    Ft13z9MX0AAW6GZ (1).jpg

Snake is fine, but his guards are tasteless.

S2E16

The hype music and cliffhanger was so tense. Can't wait till next week.

I'm glad Askeladd is still mentoring Thorfinn. That guy is still badass even when he's dead.

DEAR GOD FUCKING FINALLY!!!11

Although I still don't quite trust the cliffhanger, pls actually continue the fight, Thorfinn >_>

See Arnheid's and the old guy's reaction was so nice, haha

I'm a bit confused though why Thorfinn didn't try to talk to Snake at all. Not a single word. Something like "Tell me why you fight these 2 people who love each other and only want to live together so hard" or "can't you see you'Re wrong?" or "your men died because they're bringing evil to the world". Something. Anything. Although the line I wished Thorfinn to shout the most was: "I don't want to kill you!!!1" as he struggles with his pacifist wish. Would have gotten a nice reaction out of Snake for sure ^^

Anyway, looking forward a lot to next week. Pls don't be a full-episode flashback ...

Btw. question to manga readers: Does season 2 cover the same number of manga chapters as season 1? Just wondering whether the snail pace is the anime's fault or the manga is the same.

Something like "Tell me why you fight these 2 people who love each other and only want to live together so hard".
    Uh, cause he killed 5 of his friends. Duh.

"your men died because they're bringing evil to the world".
    He's talking to vikings, man. These are people who think dying in battle is the greatest good one can achieve in life.

Curious where Snake is from. Is that a scimitar? Is he Middle-Eastern?
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Tue, 04-25-2023 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post

Reddit is suggesting that this is his sword, and that seems to fit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paramerion

It'd make sense too since the Bible then would probably still be in Latin, making Snake an apt translator.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Uh, cause he killed 5 of his friends. Duh.

He's talking to vikings, man. These are people who think dying in battle is the greatest good one can achieve in life.

Just for the record: I'm not saying Thorfinn could have convinced Snake with words. I'm just disappointed that Pacifist-Thorfinn didn't even try, no matter how futile.

Snake outright said he wasn't here to negotiate and was walking forwards with a sword in hand. 5 guys had already died and Thorfinn knows this guy can fight when he's serious. Judging from the anime, Snake was within striking distance soon anyway.

Timing and all that aside, what was Thorfinn supposed to say to Head of Security on a farm where 5 of them had died to a runaway slave? Thorfinn knew shit went downhill when Gadar killed more people.

Just for the record: I'm not saying Thorfinn could have convinced Snake with words. I'm just disappointed that Pacifist-Thorfinn didn't even try, no matter how futile.
    He could probably tell by sensing his "murderous intent" that it was pointless.

episode 17 season 2:

Snail pacing x10. This was half an episode stretched to a full one :/ Emotional and all, blablah, yes. But did we really need a full episode on the death visions of a dying side character? Meh

I have to ask: Is season 2 written by a different author? Or did the author look at season 1 and say "wtf is this shit I wrote?!"

It is sooo different and, outisde of pacing, I won't call either better or worse. But how you can change writing that much is just dumb imo. Surely there are lots of people who love either season but not the other one. And we're almost done, no big happenings to be expected at this point.

I hope season 3 comes much faster, because waiting years inbetween seasons only to get something slow as this isnt satisfying.

Okay, Miklagard is apparently the viking name for Istanbul.

I have to ask: Is season 2 written by a different author? Or did the author look at season 1 and say "wtf is this shit I wrote?!"
    According to the author, the story is supposed to be very anti-war. So that 1st season almost feels like it's designed to hook people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7BH6YQeWoI
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Mon, 05-01-2023 at 06:47 PM.