Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Vinland Saga

What I assume is going to happen is some shithead war is going to sweep through and kill most everyone and destroy the farm. And then our two main characters are going to end up fighting as part of Snake's band.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Oh shiiiit, that girl is the mistress. Surely the old woman must know this.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

---

While I appreciate Thorfinn's character arc, "pacifist viking" seems like it would make for a really boring story going forward...

An ENTIRE episode on a dream. Sigh. As I've been saying and as has become more clear with each episode: This season 2 should have been a movie. The pacing is terrible for a weekly anime series.

Also, Thorfinn learnt the WRONGEST lesson from this dream. Never hurt anyone again? Yeah, either he's gonna have the next trauma real soon or this anime becomes a borefest now.

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    An ENTIRE episode on a dream.
    I mean, it was a VERY cool dream sequence. It's just left the character in a very uninteresting place.

Like, if he was just swearing off killing, that'd be one thing. But swearing off VIOLENCE? That just doesn't seem viable for a show.

Even Vash the Stampede still fights people.

I don't think a movie would have done this justice. The pacing is slow because his life currently is slow. Condensing all the season's worth of things he's learning on a farm into 2 hours seems wrong. The dream itself would have taken half an hour.

Also think maybe Mfauli is overestimating this show's popularity if he thinks it warrants a movie. They don't just make movies out of whatever they want. Even if a particular chunk of a show would really work as one.

---

Well, it took all season, but they FINALLY introduced an actual conflict.

So much time wasted on that awful clown, sigh. I hate characters like him, dumb but in a position of power where they can kill other, good people.

I don't understand the requisition of Ketil's farm. Ketil already pays Canute tribue. If he wants more, he could demand that without requisitioning Ketil's farm.

I don't understand the requisition of Ketil's farm. Ketil already pays Canute tribue. If he wants more, he could demand that without requisitioning Ketil's farm.
    Yeah, I don't really get it. But they've already established that Canute is a huge piece of shit that murders willing allies rather than dealing with them and then handwaves it as "necessary".

So much time wasted on that awful clown, sigh. I hate characters like him, dumb but in a position of power where they can kill other, good people.

They're gifts, not a tax. They're given voluntarily in order to curry favour with the king. If the king doesn't give him any benefits, I'd either choose to gift more to see if it pays off, or decide to pay the bare minimum (if any at all) to avoid wrath.

If the king goes to demand more things from him (and effectively taxing him unfairly without giving him appropriate benefits) then he's placing himself at conflict with Ketil. If it's going to be conflict, he might as well take it all. He's also deliberately going after folks who can't fight back.

---

That went way cooler than I expected. I was expecting something much grimmer.

I don't get it. So Thorgil would have let his cousin die?

I don't get it. So Thorgil would have let his cousin die?
    Probably? In case it wasn't obvious, dude is a hardcore warrior and lives by a warrior code.

The dude's also sharp as fuck and smelled the trap.

-------------------------

Episode 13

Oof, and Einar just got cockblocked hard.

Tokage deserved to die, actually I'm annoyed the other 2 escaped death. What an utmost DUMB way to alarm the enemy and even give him the moment of surprise. Wow. They wanted to die.

Hopefully Galdar survives and frees the girl.

And pussy-Thorfinn needs to stop. I SO want him to slash some enemies, impress everyone and become their hero. Killing to defend yourself and others is not wrong, he must learn that.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    The dude's also sharp as fuck and smelled the trap.

Oof, and Einar just got cockblocked hard.
    Now and for the past 3 years.

Now and for the past 3 years.
    I mean yeah.. but for the past 3 years it's "oh he owns her, he's allowed to like her. She's doing this as his property. I'll try to free her and we're good."

Now her husband rocks up, and when he opens his mouth we learn he's actually chad as fuck.

The upside for Einar is that the dude's got a bounty.

I could see Galdar dying, though. When the episode started, I was confused like "wtf, did a time skip happen?!", because he looked like Einar with long hair. So the visual similarity might come in handy to replace the real husband ;>

episode 14:

At this points it feels like this anime is trying to "oscar bait", lol. Not only is the pacing still snail speed, but the characters' decisions are too realistic now imo.

Yes, it's totally plausible for these characters to react they do. "This is how real people are", sure. But I must say ... this is anime. If we cannot have alternatives to ultra-realism here, then where at all?

Ofc, the situation is still on-going, so who knows what's gonna happen, but if Galdar is executed, then why spend so much time on it? I really hope something happens that avoids Galdar's execution. Actually, one possibility comes to mind: If Ketil's viking son (whatshisname) returns in time, maybe he'll grant Galdar freedom if he helps fight against the king's approaching forces. It's either that or Thorfinn doing something.

Your argument is that "This is too realistic, anime needs to be less realistic"?