I'll make this quick: This season has finale hit rock bottom trash tier with it's new isekai- and almost isekai-shows. If you truly think these anime are 'great', ignore this thread, It's not for you then.

I watched:

- Maou Retry
- Arifurete
- Cheat Magician
- That 'I'm now your dad' anime (not technically isekai, but come on)
- stuff I'm forgetting
- oh, milf Isekai most likely will be trash, too, outside of BIG TITTY MILF :/

It's all trash and you know it. I must admit that I'm severely sick in the head, because despite all that, I'm wtill watching them. Yeah, there's something nice about Maou slapping a 16 yo holy maid's butt - but the rest is such cheap trash!

My question to all of us:
Do you think the isekai genre will be able to produce meaningful, quality entries in the future again or is it too far gone and we're trapped in shitty light novel adaptations until the genre dies commercially?

REZero, Tanya, KonoSuba, SAO (at least the beginning), Log Horizon, the first season of Overlord, Hai to Gensou no Grimgar, even GATE to some point, were so much better than the trash we get now. But there's no light at the end of the dark tunnel we're currently in, or is there?

I feel like there's still SO MUCH meaningful scenarios you could do with isekais, especially if studios finally choose to go darker routes instead of all those shallow moe scenarios. But I'm not sure we'll reach that point ...