Thread: Ore wo Suki na no wa Omae Dake ka yo

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar

Ore wo Suki na no wa Omae Dake ka yo

237687.jpg

"* Based on a light novel series written by Rakuda and illustrated by Buriki.

Kisaragi Amatsuyu is invited out alone by the cool beauty upperclassman Cosmos and his childhood friend Himawari. Expecting to hear their confessions, he triumphantly goes to meet each of them in turn. But Cosmos and Himawari both instead confess to Amatsuyu that they like his friend. Amatsuyu fights this lonely battle, but there is another girl who is looking at him. She is a gloomy girl with glasses and braids. Amatsuyu finds that he hates her, because she's always turning her sharp tongue only on him and finding enjoyment in his troubles. But it turns out that she's the only one who actually does like him.

Source: ANN"

-from Anidb

Genre(s): Romance, comedy

Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo 01
    Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo 02
    Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo 03

Alright, maybe I'm just starved for something different in my harem, but this is pretty good. Main character isn't blank 'nice guy' that is oblivious to the girls around him, except that he wants to be to serve his harem/girlfriend scheming as if he's played too many visual novels. It takes almost the entire first episode for the cracks to appear, but when they do and he expresses his seedy predilections (and frustrations), my face could not contain my Grinch-like smile. Engrish helps.

Even though I expect the majority of the 'twist' in this show has been expended in this introductory arc, and I expect the remainder of the cour to simply be more-of-the-same-old harem shenanigans + kuudere, I will be watching with much more vested interest in the characters because at least one has... character! When a show takes the time to properly set the stage for drama, even silly drama becomes more impactful.

Give it a shot and share your findings!

Enjoying it, too. But: episode 3 pretty much wraps up the plot. Kinda interesting.