Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Honzuki no Gekokujou

We don't know if it really was a regular tau fruit or some freak fruit that just looked like a normal one. Main would need to test it out a few times at least before jumping into conclusions. It seems pretty strange nobody would know of it if it was 100% systematic.

I'd guess Main is still sickly because she was so weak for such a long time. Perhaps she will need more time to build stamina up to normal human levels. If it's not that, then it means there's something more wrong about her status. I bet the higher nobles would know more, but there's no way they would tell.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Tau fruits being able to remove mana is maybe the most important finding from this episode. It was kinda mentioned quickly only, but as Benno said, it could have massive ramifications.
    Well, first we'll need to find out if it was because it was a trombe in the first place. To that end, what is the relationship between the tau fruit and the trombe and what's the nature of a trombe...

Is it something that in general a tau fruit morphes into given certain conditions, or is a trombe a trombe intrinsically and it can disguise itself as other plants, etc.?

Episode 20

- - - -

Lots of crying in this episode. Lutz's old man is seriously bad at communications. All in all I feel like most of the brains in that family have concentrated inside Lutz's head.

This felt a bit like an unneeded episode. I thought Lutz's family had already accepted his merchant future.

I must have missed something , because this was seriously dumb otherwise. His dad completely shits on his chosen path, his mom, too, hid brother starts a fight at his work place, then his parents annoy the whole store, too.

And Lutz is the one who misunderstood his dad?

Oooookay :/

Yeah, this made no sense at all. They fight, they then harass Lutz at work, then they say that he could have done whatever the heck he wanted all along??

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    I don't really get it, either. I guess the most charitable interpretation is that his dad wanted him to stop seeking approval for his decisions, and instead just 'man up' and take responsibility for making them happen.

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    I don't really get it, either. I guess the most charitable interpretation is that his dad wanted him to stop seeking approval for his decisions, and instead just 'man up' and take responsibility for making them happen.
    Toxic patriarchy

I'm of mind that this is either a half-assed filler or something must've been cut from the original novel that made more sense of this event.

Episode 22:

I kinda wanted to find out what animals *do* exist, when pigs and wolves are unbeknownst to everyone ��
    Last edited by Kraco; Sun, 05-31-2020 at 03:09 PM.

I was happy with that scene cause she was reading the book and I was like "Do they even have pigs and wolves?" And then they didn't.

Was happy that she finally made a book. Disappointed that it's a children's Bible...

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Was happy that she finally made a book. Disappointed that it's a children's Bible...
    Tbh though, in a society where most people can't read, even a bible is welcome literature.

I mean, the Bible was OUR first printed book, so I guess it makes sense.

Considering the book was published, if you can call it that, right on the premises of the grand temple, I would have been surprised if the high priest hadn't suggested to make it religious scriptures if Main herself hadn't said so first. Nevertheless, even by using this sort of wood carving printing technique, Main could already make money. She should be more careful before introducing the Gutenberg printing press, as it was a revolutionary piece of technology. It could potentially bring a whole lot of attention upon her.

Yeah, the printing press was revolutionary, for created the exact thing that she wants. So she's ain't gonna be careful for shit!

"Oh, this might start a revolt where the peasants get smart and overthrow the nobles? I don't give a FUCK! GIMMIE BOOKS!"

Her bringing mass produced print media to the world is the most exciting part atm. The rest of the episode felt rather slow, though. I hope we'll get a season 3 soon.

The most exciting thing would be her learning magic, cause you know she'd be a supermage with her supermana.

And I desperately want to see what this world's magic system is like. And how she'll break it.

The most exciting thing would be her learning magic, cause you know she'd be a supermage with her supermana.

And I desperately want to see what this world's magic system is like. And how she'll break it.
    I'm just hoping she goes all Carrie on us again...

I want a time skip!

- young woman Main, a real beauty
    - engaged with Lutz
    - has learnt magic
    - travels with Lutz in a waghon, spreading books all over the world
    - being persecuted by aristocrats

I'd much rather, ya know, SEE how those thing happen rather than skip over them.

I'd much rather, ya know, SEE how those thing happen rather than skip over them.
    Sure, if we're guaranteed 10 seasons ...