Thread: Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu

Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu

After receiving an invitation from her friend Risa Shiromine, Kaede Honjou begins playing the VRMMO game New World Online as the character Maple. Lacking knowledge of the game, she allocates all her status points to defense. As a result, her movements are slow, she cannot use magic, and even gets attacked by the rabbits. However, she obtains a skill called "Absolute Defense" due to maxing out her vitality points, and a counter skill that kills in a single hit. A "mobile fortress style" novice with a poisonous skill that makes all attacks invalid and overrides all obstacles, she goes off to adventures, disregarding her irregularities.
    Episode 1:

Yeah, that's a keeper. Not great or anything, but the heroine is likeable and animations are fine.

The game is super broken though lol. Poison immunity should be a high-level skill after a hundred+ hours or so. Quite a short-lived mmorpg.

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

Reading the description of this series I could foresee myself getting annoyed by such an ultra pacifist attitude. Is this annoying in such a way?

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Reading the description of this series I could foresee myself getting annoyed by such an ultra pacifist attitude. Is this annoying in such a way?
    Can't tell from episode 1. So far It's rather funny. But we'll have to see how she works as part of a group.

She's not a pacifist. She's a Min-Maxxer and doesn't know it. Her build has zero offense.

edit:
    She's what happens when someone who has never played a video game before is put into an MMO without anyone to guide her on the very basics of an attribute/skill based RPG.
    And reads tooltips after they've already made permanent choices.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Wed, 01-08-2020 at 04:39 PM.

Infinite Dendrium episode 1:

First half was fine if generic. But second half is super dumb for one reason: WHY REAT NPCS LIKE REAL BEINGS?! no, that they stay dead is not an explanation. The hero acts as if he cares about their feelings. Either the npcs are real virtual people (like in current SAO) and It's fucked up to make a game of it. OR the hero has severe psychological illness and can't discern reality from fiction. It's one or the other, and both are super dumb.

If I'm bored i'll probably watch it nonetheless, because it's otherwise non-offensive.

Why are you talking about Infinite Dendruim in the Bofuri thread?

I mean, maybe we SHOULD just have a "This season's generic isekai" thread. But this thread is not labeled as such.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Poison immunity should be a high-level skill after a hundred+ hours or so.
    Seriously. If everyone got poison immunity after only getting poisoned, like, 50 times, then everyone would have it.

LOL, i thought i posted that in the general new season-thread. Sorry.

Everyone develops poison resist. But strong poison resist is something she got because she did take dozens and dozens of hits that would kill anyone else normally. Her maxed-out, absurdly high vitality is the only reason she could survive those hits even from the bee, which was apparently some kind of low level boss (due to the equipment drop).

Poison Immunity she got from repeatedly taking lethal levels of poison damage from a boss. Only someone with her exact build, and her basically-guesswork plan to grind the ability from a poison-based boss, would ever attain it at the levels she's at.

What's obvious from the 2nd episode is that her rare equipment that she gained from soloing that boss is OP as all fuck.

Equipment in this game is designed to be destroyed from damage. Her new stuff still gets destroyed, but it auto-regenerates stronger. It also has a bunch of ability slots/sockets, which in any real life MMO is usually a later-tier thing.

edit: The game as a whole is really badly designed systems-wise. Slotting OP abilities into equipment, devouring PCs whole while they're still at full health, showing the event leaders is fine, but 30% of their points?! Even the characters watching were noting how broken her character abilities are. Her general invulnerability at least has a basis from her stats.

But technical or skill-based rich combat mechanics is not the kind of series this is, so who cares and I forgive it.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Wed, 01-15-2020 at 06:44 PM.

She's super op and the game would get reeeally bad scores if it was real lol.

It must be some kinda requirement now in isekai that you can eat monsters and steal their power.

Which is too bad, cause even though I love that power it's becoming lame and cliche by showing up in a bunch of mediocre shows...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    Everyone develops poison resist. But strong poison resist is something she got because she did take dozens and dozens of hits that would kill anyone else normally. Her maxed-out, absurdly high vitality is the only reason she could survive those hits even from the bee, which was apparently some kind of low level boss (due to the equipment drop).
    But that's the thing, she shouldn't have survived the poison.

Vitality is her Defense stat, but HP is a separate stat. So if the poison bypasses her defense, it should still have killed her easily, since she still has terrible HP.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Wed, 01-15-2020 at 11:44 PM.

---

Okay, I won't lie, the fact that the devs nerfed her is hilarious and great.

Tbh this anime is a bit too 'cute girls doing cute girl things: isekai edition' atm. Might drop it if it doesn't get more exciting soon.

I think that's exactly what it's supposed to be though. One of those girls club animes, but they happen to play an isekai.

---

I legit love that the devs sit around worrying about what Maple is going to break. It's a very fun angle to take with an OP protag.

Her using Cover to move around was clever too.

---

FFS, get a mage!

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post

---

FFS, get a mage!
    Ok, but only a min-maxer.
    Kaede tree guild other name is: Op min-maxer's guild.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

I actually guessed her guild name before she said it.

---

Giant Demon form AND giant Mecha form in one episode? Okay guys, dial it back a notch.

---

Okay, Mii is superfun. Roleplaying the calm, inspirational leader. But is actually an emotional wreck.

She still hasn't used her demon form in this event, so I'm guessing that's next.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Thu, 03-19-2020 at 12:40 AM.