Thread: Shuumatsu no Harem (aka anime of the season)

Shuumatsu no Harem (aka anime of the season)

Worlds-End-Harem.jpg

The Man-Killer Virus: a lethal disease that has eradicated 99.9% of the world's male population. Mizuhara Reito has been in cryogenic sleep for the past five years, leaving behind Tachibana Erisa, the girl of his dreams. When Reito awakens from the deep freeze, he emerges into a sex-crazed new world where he himself is the planet's most precious resource. Reito and four other male studs are given lives of luxury and one simple mission: repopulate the world by impregnating as many women as possible! All Reito wants, however, is to find his beloved Erisa who went missing three years ago. Can Reito resist temptation and find his one true love?

Episode 1:

This is fun. In the most shameless, direct manner, it is fun
    I've seen a lot of people dismiss this as a quasi-hentai, but while this could probably be considered that, too, the story poses an entertaining "what if"-scenario. A virus that kills only males? It's not more ridiculous than a story about a note that kills people, shiny balls that summon a wish dragon or literally any story involving magic.

While the main character appears to be the typical "gay hero"-type (if only he was like pre-isekai Rudeus ...), it's interesting to observe what's gonna happen.

The most unrealistic thing in the series so far is that they don't force him to fuck girls ASAP. Since artificial insemination doesn't work, in a world with only 5 men you gotta work them! At least 3 impregnations per day, come on! Even that would be extremely difficult to save mankind, just do the math: 3 pregnancies per day, so about 1000 per year. Times 5 makes 5000 babies per year. Even if we raise it to 5 impregnations a day, natural mortality rate far eclipses this tiny birth rate. Unless they can figure out how to make artifical insemination happen, mankind will shrink severely, and in the real world that would lead to war easily, especiallly if the 5 men aren't share equally with all the countries in the world.

Episode 2 is out already, looking forward to that. I wonder if this anime will address any of what I wrote about or if it's just ignoring all that and focusing on ecchi stuff, lol.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

episode 2:

"I'll find a cure for the MK virus!"

rofl. He basically said "I as a man will do what 5 billion women couldn't accomplish in the past five years!"

The loli bodyguard is annyoing, I can understand outrage over that shit in an anime about fucking, come one, she's a child. Oh well.

Some drama and intrigue already showing and the hero successfully found a way to save the world without needing to have sex with lots of women *groans*.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

You might want to dial up your suspension of disbelief to its highest setting. The author routinely paints himself into corners even within the introductions, like you've noted. Plot makes a statement, which immediately fails even the most-stretched logic, then write in excuse in subsequent scene. Strongly suggest hate-watching.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    rofl. He basically said "I as a man will do what 5 billion women couldn't accomplish in the past five years!"
    You're assuming that they wanted to succeed. Conspiracy potential is high.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    Strongly suggest hate-watching.
    More like "love"-watching
    But yeah, not expecting some genius plot. I'm going with the expectation of this season's Redo of Healer.

You're assuming that they wanted to succeed. Conspiracy potential is high.
    He doesn't know that, though.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Wake me up when an uncensored version is out. But I won't hold my breath, most hentaļ will probably be a lot more entertaining even in beetween sex scenes

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Tbh I'm rather fine with the (hilariously badly) censored version. I don't know if I've ever seen a pretty vagina in anime. It always looks silly at best, gross at worst.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    At least the digital censorship is stylish. Reminds me of the brushstroke censorship in Hyakka Ryouran.

Beams and black frames are artistically shit at best, and an insult to intelligence at wrost.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Episode 3:

LOL

Now that was literally a hentai anime. Utterly boring plot, brain cell-killing scenes and some sex. rofl. That was so generic, it hurt my senses.

So, these last three episodes kinda sucked (binged them in one go):

I hated how the tanned tomboy girl didn't get fucked by Doi, especially after the scene where she acted als disgusted from kissing him, spitting out to the ground. Doi hasn't done anything wrong, he's not a villain. He was forced into the position he is, forced to sleep with all these girls, and eventually the brainwashing succeeded and he's accepted his role. None of this was his choice, he's one of the foremost victims in this story. If tanned tomboy girl wants to act like she's morally above Doi, she should think hard about how she chose to infiltrate the school and pretend to be all over him, joining his harem of girls that he rightfully assumed were all consenting to the sexual actions.

That had took revenge against the bully girl doesn't make him a villain and we even saw how he felt bad for her eventually and even protected her during the explosion when the building came crashing. So, really, it irks me wrong when he's kind of set up as "the bad guy" amongst the men here.

Plus, I'm not yet sure if his attendant girl who wants to take over the world (lol) is honest with him or just tricks him, too. Pushing him to mate with #1's girl looks like some heinous planning of hers, but it can go either way.

As for the rest of the show, I hate Reito's holier-than-thou attitude, and ffs, stop acting outraged every time you see a naked girl. What a fucking pussy, the irony. It's still dumb that he refuses to mate, considering any realistic scenario to keep mankind from going extinct requires him to mate as much as possible, but his true love is more important than that, sigh.

And Erisa, his true love, isn't all kosher either. Her terrorist group waking up #5 while saying "this is our holy ceremony!" reeks of fanaticism. Fuck Erisa, I'm betting she'll turn out to be a bad bitch. Reito should have stayed with Suou.

And then there's the ridiculous American chick. Goddamn, her design and attitude are both so bad. Why? :/ And her and her organization's plan to literally eradicate all men for real is so dumb. Leaving the science side of things aside ... WHY? Like, I get it, there some' men-hating crazy feminists out there, but how would any larger group of leading people agree with such plan? That's really the dumbest part in this show by far.

One part I didn't understand was the change of Doi's. They acted as if several more years passed, thus Doi growing, but ... not a single day passed and Doi is the only one growing?! Has me super confused, especially when his attendant told him he'd keep his youth for a long time. Now he's the only one aging. Weird.

Anyway, that's it for now. Is there a season 2 coming or not? Because the story is far from told. For as bad as most of this anime is, I want to see where this goes for the lulz alone.

I guess the POS manga started again, but I wouldn't count on it.

It doesn't look like this even got to the end of the terrible writing of part 1.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Sat, 03-19-2022 at 07:36 PM.