Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kanojo, Okarishimasu

It's in Weekly Shonen Magazine, so the demographic is the same for Fire Force, Runway de Waratte, Hajime no Ippo, and Bakemonogatari. The series is quite popular in Japan. 2 million copies across 10 volumes, and 3 million by the 13th volume. 200k per tank usually rates something as very popular. Extremely popular for not being in WSJ or Hana to Yume.

I think what makes most readers and viewers angry is that see parts of themselves in Kazuya that they don't want to admit are there...

He barely moved in his apartment after Mami dumped him, and before he rented Chizuru. He's probably prone to depression, because that's what it looks like. Same with his behavior on the beach. We know he has low self-esteem.

He's not a role model, and he's doesn't feed escapism. Then again, he's entwined with a cute girl with a fiery personality, a killer body. So it does and it doesn't.

I like the series because the characters have depth and react in generally realistic ways.

Edit: I guess it hit 5 million this week.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Tue, 08-11-2020 at 07:38 AM.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Episode 05

------------------------------

Okay, I have to admit that I applied some double standards here. Last week old mate told Kazuya off for thinking with his dick and I couldn't agree more. Come this week, his dick points in the right direction and I'm all happy about that anyway.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Kind of interesting that the version of Chizuru he recalled before she resuscitated him isn't the dolled-up rental girlfriend version, but her Ichinose Mode that she attends college in. Or I don't remember that from the manga, at least.

Love the scheming grandmas. They're the highlight of the episode for me. Kazuya's gram saying some deep stuff too.

Episode 06

-------------------------------

So what new girl is after, is some atropine.

Or meth.

Good to not have a bitch around.I'm just happy it's progressing the Mizuhara route all the same. The awkward thing with the whole rental thing now is if someone else rents Mizuhara. They've proven that their identities are not exactly secret - though it might just mean that rental girlfriend searches aren't nearly as common as "What should I have for dinner tonight?".

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    The girls look so sweet in this show :O

I'm basically watching it only because of them.
    Don't even know for whom I'd root, except for not rooting for the blonde ex-girl of course.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Blonde ex is still love material. She's got some personal troubles to clear first though.
    Pretty sure Mizuhara herself needs some help.
    Feels like a generic story were several perfect girls reveal themselves around a worthless guys who happens to be a good guy building his harem

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post
    Blonde ex is still love material. She's got some personal troubles to clear first though.
    David you crazy bitch.

Touché
    I might have too much faith in anime, and that one particularily, but it feels like they do not stop at first impressions with the characters and go a bit deeper (felt that one ? ).
    Pretty much like a VN. If I'm right, we might have a backstory for Mami.
    She's fairly simple in fact, probably 100% dedicated lover when she realises where her heart is, but conversly the rest of the world can go exctint that she would'nt care at all.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Fair enough. And here I thought you might just be going for short busty blondes because they might resemble your wife.

How shallow of me.

Touché again, feels like my preferences got the better of me regardless of my explanations

Episode 7

-----------------

Blackmail two people so you can date one of them. Mami is a pyscho-bitch, but Ruka is no winner either. Even if her goals are genuine, and her backstory marginally sympathetic (feels a bit on the contrived side), what she's doing is only slightly above what Mami was doing at the beach.

Also, Kazuya's primary worry was his buddy. It's Mizuhara who is going on the defensive with Ruka, even though she really doesn't have a lot to lose if Kazuya explained everything to Kuri. Like he said, Kazuya's entire circle of friends has looked "Ichinose" directly in the face and thought she was someone else.

Episode 08

---------------------------

Ahahaha, the friend rents out Mizuhara in next week's preview! xD

This episode itself was a little heart warming but otherwise standard fare.

We're still waiting for the third girl...

Episode 10

--------------------------------

Aaaah, MC rents Chizuru for glasses dude. That makes things slightly less weird.

Now I just really want the MC and Chizuru to get together.

Episode 11:

Oooooh snap - that's gonna be a problem.

Mami is part of the harem, she just doesn't know yet

I thought my reaction to the ditz was going to be "yeah yeah whatever, another moe.."

But damn, her trying so hard so awkwardly was so sweet. Nothing on our queen Chizuru but still. I didn't dislike her like I thought I would have.

I really want to see this relationship to fruition. That last scene between Chizuru/Kazuya kinda hurt.

Sumi was really cute, I love female timid characters like that, I usually agree with all the statements MCs makes about these kinda girls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WviwYLZubSw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRtxoedAy34

I dig that

Episode 12

--------------------

Daaaaaaaaaamn. I thought this was going to pull an anime-original confession ending on us at ~20:00, which would have been okay since it's giving us the inevitable ending (but sad in a way because it'd mean no more sequels). But then Kazuya takes that back, and it's as if it never happened.

Well that was fun. I'll welcome a sequel. In the meanwhile I might just go check out the manga.

edit; or not. S2 planned.

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/a...masu-season-2/
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sun, 09-27-2020 at 10:49 AM.

Episode 13-15

------------------------

After watching episode 13 I thought I was going to drop this. But then 14 and 15 got me watching for now. Mami's boss music was intense.