Thread: 2021 New Years Resolutions

Question 2021 New Years Resolutions

So in what has become somewhat of a tradition I will make the 2021 new year resolutions thread!

I remembered to do 2020, 2019, 2018 and 2016 so now we're on a streak!

Last year my resolution got side tracked by having a baby, so now my new years resolution this year is to finish the basement in my house, or perhaps the back deck.

So everyone, what are you thinking you'll commit to for 2021~!

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    last year I wrote

so far, I'm almost seven months in as a software developer, so that's one good thing. this year I want to be good at it.
    I did have two dates the past year (in a span of a month!), I'd like to actually get a third date 2020. not a high goal.
    new stuff? well, be a better person towards my family, be a better friend, do more stuff, meet new people, read more... the usuals, I guess.

well, things didn't go as I would have liked.
    not doing great at my job, I have half a year left (i'm a subcontractor, and if i quit early i have to pay a huge fine) and i'm really looking forward to switching jobs.
    not much going on the dating front. tried tinder and cupid a bit, then covid happened.
    didn't meet that many new people, can't say i made tons of new friends, didn't do new and exciting stuff, didn't step up my game as person (friend, son, brother..), and didn't read that many books.
    we (me and my flatmate) did get a cat, so that's something nice.

blame it all on Covid. (also us getting the cat)

for 2021?
    I want to find a job that i like.
    be a better person.
    spend more time with friends and strangers. do new stuff, broaden my horizons.
    also move out to a place that's just mine. five years is enough.

let's hope 2021 will be better.

edit:
    I also remembered that one of my decisions was to order pizza every month (part of me deciding to treat myself better), and i think i've kept us this decision.
    Last edited by Death BOO Z; Thu, 12-10-2020 at 12:15 PM.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I'll start with not getting covid, that's one.

Job-wise I've decided to specialize in Emergency Medicine for now, maybe dual train with Intensive Care. But I don't actually really know what I want to do. I'll stick with it a bit longer for now. I'm great at procrastinating so I should aim to sit one of these specialty examinations next year (and study for it first) rather than just delay.

Relationship-wise, I think for now I've decided that I don't like people enough to share my life with them. I actually feel like someone's invading my personal space and privacy when they get too close. Sexual tension also just sucks in general. This all may change in the future but for now I like being by myself.

I should probably lose weight. I'm in the skinny fat category now. Fuck you aging metabolism.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I'll start with not getting covid, that's one.
    That and to get my hands on a PS5. I need to be able to play Guilty Gear -Strive- when it comes out in April. I traded in my PS4 Pro for $200, but I haven't been able to get a PS5 because of all the scalpers.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Oh yeah, PS5 would be cool. I kind of wish they'd make a revision given its memory heatsink is shit, but that'd take too long.

I just want to play Demons Souls...

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Oh yeah, PS5 would be cool. I kind of wish they'd make a revision given its memory heatsink is shit, but that'd take too long.

I just want to play Demons Souls...
    You need to mod the memory cooling when the warranty period is nearing the end. I'm sure someone will eventually post a Youtube video about such a project.

I can't say that with overly much confidence, because I said it before and it didn't work out, but ... I'm not giving up, therefore: I really wanna lose a lot of weight that year, I must. The surgery I recently had showed me how much more risky and scary something like that is for obese people like myself. I don't want that anymore, and I want to be able to go out and just live, in general. So that's it.

That's really the only thing I truly hope to achieve. Everything else depends on being successful here.

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her