Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: So I'm a Spider, So What? - Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    I didn't claim that, in the context of Kumoko admiring the devouring of the snake, Kumoko was "evil". I said she looked like she had truly lost her humanity. A lack of humanity isn't necessarily evil.
    Yeah, that doesn't make her evil and you're contradicting yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu View Post
    Yeah, that doesn't make her evil and you're contradicting yourself.

It makes her inhuman in that scene and I'm not contradicting.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

It makes her inhuman in that scene and I'm not contradicting.
    Again, doesn't make her "evil", then you go on to say "A lack of humanity isn't necessarily evil."

So yeah, a contradiction.

Isn't it kinda weird that Fei just evolves on the sealing of the contract? She had to kill a dragon to evolve the last time. Kumoko has to kill hundreds of things stronger than her to level up and evolve each time.

Hero title is hax. Pls nerf.

Again, doesn't make her "evil", then you go on to say "A lack of humanity isn't necessarily evil."

So yeah, a contradiction.
    ?
    wat

No, lacking humanity doesn't equal being evil, and I never said that admiring the devouring of the snake made her appear evil. Where's the contradiction?

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

?
    wat

No, lacking humanity doesn't equal being evil, and I never said that admiring the devouring of the snake made her appear evil. Where's the contradiction?
    Are you sure?

I didn't claim that, in the context of Kumoko admiring the devouring of the snake, Kumoko was "evil". I said she looked like she had truly lost her humanity. A lack of humanity isn't necessarily evil.
    Or maybe I misunderstood your first statement, which is fine then.

Regardless in your previous statement you did indeed made an allusion that she was evil, maybe not full-on evil, but evil nonetheless because she lost her humanity.

But if you recognize that lack of humanity isn't an indictment of being evil, that's fine... that's the point I wanted to get across regardless.
    Last edited by Munsu; Mon, 03-22-2021 at 12:56 PM.

Are you sure?

Or maybe I misunderstood your first statement, which is fine then.

Regardless in your previous statement you did indeed made an allusion that she was evil, maybe not full-on evil, but evil nonetheless because she lost her humanity.

But if you recognize that lack of humanity isn't an indictment of being evil, that's fine... that's the point I wanted to get across regardless.
    LOL, now I see where your misunderstanding comes from:

"I didn't claim that, in the context of Kumoko admiring the devouring of the snake, Kumoko was "evil". "

You read this as: "I didn't claim that. In the context of Kumoko admiring the devouring of the snake, Kumoko was evil."

XD

I have no idea how'd you do it in English so that it isn't ambiguous, but I meant:

"I didn't claim that Kumoko was evil."

The "in the context of the devouring of the snake" is supposed to be a relative clause in-between the above sentence. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

LOL, now I see where your misunderstanding comes from:

"I didn't claim that, in the context of Kumoko admiring the devouring of the snake, Kumoko was "evil". "

You read this as: "I didn't claim that. In the context of Kumoko admiring the devouring of the snake, Kumoko was evil."

XD

I have no idea how'd you do it in English so that it isn't ambiguous, but I meant:

"I didn't claim that Kumoko was evil."

The "in the context of the devouring of the snake" is supposed to be a relative clause in-between the above sentence. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
    Your sentence is correct as is, I was confused with that statement and the one from your previous post, which indeed made the correlation of her losing her humanity there with being some level of evil in your view. But I think it's all cleared up now.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Or Kumoko is the white girl, the Demon Lord wants to end the world, and somehow joining her allows Kumoko to not end the world.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Or Kumoko is the white girl, the Demon Lord wants to end the world, and somehow joining her allows Kumoko to not end the world.
    The demon lord didn't strike me as a person who would seek the end of the world. She just seemed to want the monster side to win a war. She was even somewhat understanding with the monsters. But who knows.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    This episode did certainly throw a wrench into my assumption that Kumoko was the/a big bad. There is certainly more room for interpretation now in all of these events and the timelines themselves have never been more muddy for me. That is a good thing, as of now.

---

Goddamn. Now THAT was a fight! I loved how it ended, where Kumoko was all petty and shit and the dragon is just like "You fought well, my foe." and she get's all pissed about it.

So if Kumoko isn't the Demon King then it is very much an intentional misdirect. Because they definitely want you to believe that's her at this point. If the White Lady is also her, then the fight against Julius is ALSO in the past at some point.

This really felt like a season finale, but there's an episode next week. Is this a 13 episode season? Or are we getting two seasons of this at once?

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    I'm wondering if the white one and the demon lord are both Kumoko.
    She's got several minds, why not get several bodies when evolving ?

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Is this a 13 episode season? Or are we getting two seasons of this at once?
    A full 24 episodes.

I think we get a new OP next week, but the ED looks to stay the same. a new ED as well.

Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post
    I like this theory.

That's certainly something I never considered.

Although I more or less found interesting the human academy scenes since they aren't in the manga, I find less enjoyable all these Kumoko's possible future form and role scenes. They feel like starting to read a book normally, but then randomly reading parts from near the end. There actually are people who read the ending of a book first, possibly to avoid tragedies or whatever, but I'm not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    That's certainly something I never considered.

Although I more or less found interesting the human academy scenes since they aren't in the manga, I find less enjoyable all these Kumoko's possible future form and role scenes. They feel like starting to read a book normally, but then randomly reading parts from near the end. There actually are people who read the ending of a book first, possibly to avoid tragedies or whatever, but I'm not one of them.
    Personally I like it. Not sure about the manga, but in the LN there's plenty of narrative gimmicks to make us believe something is taken as understood or as obvious then showing that it was something else. The anime is not going about it the same way, but they're bringing up scenarios that bring the same effect as the LN, just in a different form.

Like the timeline disparity was differently presented, but in the end served a similar purpose from a "reveal" standpoint.

But yeah, personally I prefer a straight forward narrative form... Point A to Point B and tell us what's in between in a chronological manner, but I like the guesswork it has us doing too.

I can't immediately recall any recent anime where the boss fight felt like a boss fight, tension and all.

Bites causing MP damage was weird though, but saves making Kumoko immortal.

I gotta say, I actually love that you can bank Skill point. It makes mid-fight asspull new abilities actually make sense in the world.

Ooh, possible. I suppose once she's out and can interact with other characters she doesn't need a whole party in her head anymore for narrative purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Bites causing MP damage was weird though, but saves making Kumoko immortal.
    That's one of Kumoko's Skills. When she runs out of HP, damage comes out of MP instead.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    That's one of Kumoko's Skills. When she runs out of HP, damage comes out of MP instead.
    I thought her skill was "As long as I have MP I can't die", not "MP is my 2nd HP bar".