261266.jpg

* Based on a comedic slice of life josei manga by Kuze Gaku.

Omota Uramichi, 31 years old, stars as a gymnastics teacher on the educational TV program "Together with Mama." He might be sweet, but all boys and girls are inevitably scared off whenever they get a glimpse of the adult darkness that's the result of "Mister Uramichi's" emotional instability...?!

Source: M-U

Genre(s): Comedy

Pretty much the show I wanted to like the most this season on concept alone. I love the idea of someone being sapped into an emotional husk by the hate for their job; especially when their job is to bring levity and joy to children. It's in the circle of why I find Krusty the clown humorous.

I'll be real, the first half of the first episode is pretty weak for me. Uramichi himself cannot carry the humor of this show, and how the director and kids just brush off the depressing things he says isn't quite absurd enough to be funny- it just seems awkward and non-sensical. They are shooting a show, after all. Buuuuut... once the rest of the cast starts getting introduced, things get markedly more entertaining. Thankfully this has continued through the second episode, so things are looking up.