Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation

Wtf Rudy, you're supposed to be smart. That trap had a half dozen red flags over it.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    But hey, let's keep shitting on Paul
    The existence of someone worse doesn't make Paul good.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Wtf Rudy, you're supposed to be smart. That trap had a half dozen red flags over it.
    I suppose that reveals how much Rudeus wanted to meet Roxy again. He was willing to ignore all signs of trouble for the tiny chance Roxy might truly be there, strengthened by the fact he had sent the letter the previous day. Funnily enough it began from the very first moment, with the nervous fetcher soldier appearing at the inn, instead of Roxy herself. I guess this is not so different from multiple people every year falling for the scam emails, pyramid schemes, Russian bride scams, and so forth. People desperately wanting something, for whatever reason, will make mistakes that for an outside observer look unthinkable.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Started with that God in fact. The trap worked because of his expectations

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    It's also interesting to hear the "God" making so many compromises just so that he can use Rudy.
    It's obviously fishy in the first place, why would he have interest in him... but having to do compromises like that and having to win him over means he is not in a position of power.

my personal gold this episode was:

"I haven't assaulted a castle in ages!" and him being genuinely sad about not being allowed to attack them.

Yeah, that's gonna be the big flaw in the little Prince's plan. He thinks he's just gonna sit on Rudy until Roxy shows up. But Ruijierd and Eris are gonna wonder where he went and already vaguely know where he is.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Episode 20

---------------------

lolwut, Zanoba came out of nowhere.

Turned out to be a light hearted and funny way to end this though.

Nice test from Aisha. That whole "I'll be stacked when I grow up" felt out of place until you remember that she knew who he was.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Episode 20

- - - - -

It's a sign of decent writing when no detail in the story is without a meaning. Like now those figures Rudeus has been making. It's also quite funny how his companions didn't have to do anything to free Rudeus, although that also underlined how immature and foolish Pax was with his petty scenes that still ended up hurting and inconveniencing many people.

Quite a contrast indeed between Rudeus meeting Paul & Norn vs Lillia & Aisha. Lillia's gratefulness for what Rudeus did back then knows no bounds. It seems like Lillia actually doesn't have a particular problem with dealing with horny guys (which does partially explain why she followed Paul even after he did what he did), she just had as problem with accepting that a baby could be like that, so she deemed Rudeus must be possessed or something.

Actually... going by the timeline, if we assume teleportation to happen instantly for everyone (as in nobody gets teleported into the future), we learned 2 things here:

1) By the time Lillia got to Shirone, Roxy already had enough of Pax and left.

2) Lillia's been locked up for 18 months or however long it's been since the teleportation. That's a long time to be locked up. That's also a long time for Pax to sit on hostages without broadcasting his threat. Like.. not even Paul's group caught wind of this, and they're actively looking for Lillia et al.

Yes, there was travel time, but there's no telling how long Lillia travelled the roads with Aisha. The montage didn't seem long, and no one else went "Oh you look suspicious foreign, did you get teleported?"

edit: oh yeah. and Pax trading a Roxy figure for a subordinate... under no circumstance save for his life would he have traded that.

I thought for sure that Zanoba's VA would have been Beetlejuice from Re:Zero, but they're different. He did voice Caster from Fate/Zero though.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sun, 11-28-2021 at 01:01 PM.

Lilia has really good instincts. The others stared blankly at the sky beam while she immediately grabbed Aisha. Given that Zenith and Paul are both adventurers, they made quite the poor showing imo. Honestly, she might be the wisest person in the entire household. "Top-tier maid" trope? That would also explain Aisha's above average intellect last week, as well as her deducing his true identity at some point. Haha, then again, Lilia has also teaching Aisha adultery as a skill? Does this put Lilia in the upper half of the scale that starts with Zenith and ends with Whore Elf?

All the Shirone princes are weirdos of some kind. Pervert younger one and otaku figurine collector third prince? Haha. The third prince has good taste. Action poses are indeed the superior type of anime figurines. I assume that they've skipped over Rudy teaching him how to make his own with detailed earth magic.

That said...Rudy is still the perviest weirdo of them all. The Roxy figurine was a cast-off!

Eris obediently following Rudy's request to not reveal his true identity to Aisha...she must be absolutely besotted with Rudy.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I thought for sure that Zanoba's VA would have been Beetlejuice from Re:Zero, but they're different. He did voice Caster from Fate/Zero though.
    That explains the excellent fanatic energy he was exuding.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryll
    That said...Rudy is still the perviest weirdo of them all. The Roxy figurine was a cast-off!
    I don't think I've ever seen the 3-arm trick in real life..

But something tells me we're about to.

-----------------------

edit: Imagine a letter form Rudy to Paul.

"Dear Father,

I hope you're well.

I've finally arrived in Shirone.

Oh by the way, during that time I found your lover and kid.

You're welcome.

Rudeus"
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sun, 11-28-2021 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    Eris obediently following Rudy's request to not reveal his true identity to Aisha...she must be absolutely besotted with Rudy.
    It makes a lot of sense. She already respected Rudeus after the faux kidnapping scheme, and ever since they were teleported, she was even ready to leave her life, pretty much, in Rudeus's hands. Furthermore, they were alone, separated from everyone they previously knew, lost in a foreign, dangerous land. The misattribution of arousal, aka suspencion bridge effect, would work in the romance's favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Oh by the way, during that time I found your lover and kid.
    Mistress might be a better word for it.

On one hand I hate how an otherwise good fantasy story is ruined by all the dumb ecchi scene.

On the other hand, it makes me happy to imagine how happy enthusiast weebs and figure collectors must have been while watching the in-depth description of the Roxy figure. I'm weeb enough myself to kept nodding in agreement with Zenoba the whole time LOL

The pacing was a bit weird, or rather, the sudden resolve of the situation. At first it felt like this arc ould have gone on for 1-2 more episodes. But then Zenoba appeared and everything quickly reached a happy end. Not upset over this, though, because the remaining reunions are much more interesting imo.

If I had to predict the further order of events I'd say:

1. finding Sylphie (starting some severe romanti drama with Eris which will be fun)
    2. finding his mom
    3. getting news that Paul found Ghislaine, but is in severe trouble, so Rudy and his mom hurry to where he is

Although his mom and Ghislaine could be switched, would maybe make it even more dramatic.

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

https://www.kotobukiya.co.jp/product...ct-0000004383/

The 3-arms ability is yet to be confirmed, but what IS confirmed is that she gets an embarrassed face, and a huge seam on her sides...

It was a nice challenge issued to figurine makers!

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    it's very clever design indeed actually, as the arm will also serve as a chest-enhancer when fully clothed. So you get flat chested justice alongside boobas.

What a genius!

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    A this point, the story has wildly diverged from the manga I read years ago, suggesting this is based on the LNs. Its easy to forget that manga is also an adaptation. I think I like where this is going better, and even the otaku pandering doesn't feel as forced.

The non-climax of the resolution here takes away from the horrific throwaway line that Zanoba killed a child by accident with his innate strength. Strange that not another work is said nor eyelash batted... Price life chose me!

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    The non-climax of the resolution here takes away from the horrific throwaway line that Zanoba killed a child by accident with his innate strength. Strange that not another work is said nor eyelash batted... Price life chose me!
    If you consider the general atmosphere of that royal castle, I'm not overly surprised. Aside from Zanoba actually being appreciated for his innate super strength, the princes are largely left to their own devices, by the looks of it. Pax was free to alienate and loose a highly competent and powerful court mage simply by being a perv not in control of himself. He's also allowed to kidnap soldiers' families to create a loyal-through-blackmail troop for himself. I'm not quite sure what exactly changed this time that the princes got punished, but I doubt it was almost making an enemy out of another powerful mage and a Superd, to boot.

Episode 21

- - - - -

Yeah, it would be wrong for Rudeus to die for being an apostle of the Man-God. Who knows, the Man-God might even consider Rudeus such; only that shady dude himself can decide who is and who isn't his follower. Nevertheless, Rudeus himself certainly doesn't consider himself to be an apostle of anything like that. The Man-God merely exploited Rudeus's desperate circumstances after the teleportation incident. What else could Rudeus have relied on? So far Rudeus has heeded Man-God's advice a few times because it has worked. But if you consider religious faith, that's not a requirement. But, again, only the Man-God would be qualified to define what his follower should be like.

A highly valuable lesson for Rudeus, regardless, encouraging to check his behavior and words more carefully in the future. It's kind of funny that despite having much, much more life experience than he should have, he's only more naive in some ways. It's because he didn't grow up fully absorbing the basic sense of that new world, like a regular kid. A part of him would always behave like someone from Earth behaves, which can be counterproductive in an alien world.

Good character development between Eris and Rudeus.

Orsted was a bit rash here. As far as I know, seeing Man-God in your dream is up to the Man-God, not you. Nor does Man-God seek require consent before appearing in your dreams.

So the fact that Rudy sees him has little bearing towards Rudy's acceptance of the dude.

I very much liked the difference in intensities between the fights:

1) Ruijerd didn't go all out, accepts Eris as a warrier.
    2) Ruijerd goes all out, gets clapped hard.

Eris best girl at this point.

Rudy should probably teach her incantation-less magic now so she can go a bit spellsword.

That is all.