Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    And how does Orsted know Rudy is doing what Man-God tells him to do?
    He doesn't. But maybe he doesn't care to take the chance. Asking does no good when the person could just lie. Better to sever everyone connected to Man God than allow him to continue his manipulations.

Yeah, Rudy is indeed associated with the Man-God. That's not a big leap of logic - Rudy mentions he's seen him.

The leap is where he assumes that Rudy is the Man-God's Apostle.
    I'm not particularly fussed about Orsted's reasons for killing Man-God worshippers or rescuing people he previously thought should die. I'm fussed about his jumping to conclusions.
    Eh... I watch relatively lots of history related Youtube videos, and one thing extremely common regarding WW2 videos is that German=Nazi. It doesn't even need to be a human. Nazi panzer, Nazi airplanes, Nazi AA cannons... I'd say millions of people do this, even people with a degree in history, so considering Orsted seems to hate the Man-God as much as the WW2 Americans, British, Soviets, and many others hated the Nazis, I'd say Orsted jumping to conclusions is highly realistic.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    "Does the name Hitler mean anything to you?"

"Yeah! Last Saturday we.."

-delete-

You're saying this isn't absurd.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

No, due to the difference in scale, the correct comparison would be:

"Are you German?"
    "Yes."
    "So, you are Nazi."

In that isekai, few people even know the Man-God exists, by the looks of it. So, it's not unexpected to jump to the conclusion that anyone who knows there's such a thing is somewhat deeply involved, especially if there are other suspicious factors involved. Like, if Orsted walked into the best library in the world to ask the chief librarian if he/she has ever heard of a Man-God. If the person said yes, Orsted would just kill them? No, I don't think so. The circumstances would suggest the librarian may know it from an external information source, being a librarian. Not that he could have a decent conversation with a librarian due to his curse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Like, if Orsted walked into the best library in the world to ask the chief librarian if he/she has ever heard of a Man-God. If the person said yes, Orsted would just kill them?
    Based on this episode, yeah he probably would.

Orsted didn't stop to think about circumstances.

"Oh, you've got incantationless magic? Man-God gave you that huh?"

"Why didn't you heal your lungs if you've got that skill? Eh. Just die."

Rudeus is just a random lad, who even somehow avoided Orsted's godly divination power. How would Rudeus know the Man-God exist if not by being in contact with him? If a librarian knows, it's likely due to the books and the flow of information in the trade. Of course a librarian could also be in direct contact, but that's only the logical secondary option that would need to be investigated. That being said, it's possible Orsted would kill the librarian in any case, so that the person wouldn't spread the knowledge. However, in Rudeus's case, there's no quick alternative option to explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Rudeus is just a random lad, who even somehow avoided Orsted's godly divination power. How would Rudeus know the Man-God exist if not by being in contact with him?
    I mean...Rudy specifically said "he talks to me in my dreams" so Orstead doesn't even have to make that kind of connection.

"Does the name Hitler mean anything to you?"

"Yeah! Last Saturday we.."

-delete-

You're saying this isn't absurd.
    I mean, only absurd in so much as Hitler is very dead.

If you were like:
    "Do you know Putin?"
    "Yeah, we talk all the tim-"
    -delete-

Yeah, I can see a LOT of people doing exactly that.

You're all ignoring the most important part why Orsted is a dumb mf: So he asks "do you know the man-god?" - what would a dangerous, evil apostle/follower answer to that?

I can tell you, what would NOT be the answer: A cheerful, shy smile with an unassuming "oh yes, I know him!".

Rudy made a 100% innocent impression in that scene. If Orsted was as reasonable as some of you claim, he'd have asked at least a couple more questions. There was zero risk for him after how Rudy answered the first question. He could have killed him at any given point, but first tried to gauge whether he truly is an enemy or not. And yet he chose to rush in and kill Rudy without knowing anything. Orsted is a total dumbass and asshole. And probably a horny simp, too, if some girl is the only one who can change his mind 180°.

Also, I'm not a nazi, okay?

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    You're all ignoring the most important part why Orsted is a dumb mf: So he asks "do you know the man-god?" - what would a dangerous, evil apostle/follower answer to that?
    It did work, though, didn't it? Rudeus gladly verified he knows the Man-God. That's all Orsted needed to know. As far as he's concerned, anyone who has interacted with the Man-God is to be killed, by the looks of it.

If Orsted was as reasonable as some of you claim, he'd have asked at least a couple more questions.
    No, he's not reasonable at all. But since he's on a mission to hunt down the Man-God and people related to the Man-God, it's understandable (reasonable) that he attacked Rudeus, considering that mission. Since he normally can't converse with people due to his curse, I won't really blame him for having so poor communication skills. On the other hand, he's clearly also not super interested in long discussions.

Also, I'm not a nazi, okay?
    My example was only related to WW2 topics, where lots of people think that German=Nazi. Just like Orsted thinks that anyone who knows the Man-God is automatically a follower and believer, and thus should die, according to his mission. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if Orsted had accidentally killed someone who also hates the Man-God, but never got the chance to make it clear before getting killed by Orsted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    It did work, though, didn't it? Rudeus gladly verified he knows the Man-God. That's all Orsted needed to know.
    NO IT'S NOT, because then he wouldn't have changed his mind after literally LISTENING to someone's word. :/

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

NO IT'S NOT, because then he wouldn't have changed his mind after literally LISTENING to someone's word. :/
    You have no way of knowing that without knowing what it is she actually said.

Only if they're a willing, knowing follower. And not just an unwitting pawn like Rudy is.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    You have no way of knowing that without knowing what it is she actually said.
    Are you saying I'm as dumb as Orsted then who refused to listen to Rudy?

You have never changed your mind about anything after hearing a convincing argument or gaining new information? Besides, the fact he revived Rudeus doesn't automatically mean he still wouldn't want Rudeus dead eventually. Like someone already said, Orsted didn't think much of killing someone quite randomly. Maybe for us it's a big deal, but for him, it's not. Maybe not any bigger a deal than you adding an item to the shopping basket at any web store, but then before paying changing your mind and removing the item from the shopping basket. End of story.

The woman was his companion, or something like that, so he naturally would listen to her more willingly than anyone else. Certainly more willingly than the person he was killing.

I wonder if the woman is another Otherworlder. Since Orstead's curse doesn't seem to effect her and she has a Japanese name.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    I wonder if the woman is another Otherworlder. Since Orstead's curse doesn't seem to effect her and she has a Japanese name.
    Pretty sure that's the case.
    She has a japanese name, as I mentioned earlier, as well.
    The first one in the show so far.

I find it weird that there is a complaint about how Orsted does short work of Rudy.
    If he were the MC of this show, I know for certain there would be complains about him not just ending Rudy and risking something. And there are conclusion about his character (or behavior) we know nothing about.
    For all we know, he could be the savior of this world by doing what he does, while Rudy is the fool unknowingly ushering in the second age of the evil Man-God.

No idea where this "this is dumb"/"he is dumb" mindset or anything in that regard is coming from.
    Eliminate the risk, ask the question later.
    His follower probably made a good case to change his mind (otherwise she wouldn't have had that line in the end) and when you can bring them back from death's door or even revive them(?), where is the risk in doing so... or rather... what's objectively dumb or wrong doing it the way he did.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Tue, 12-07-2021 at 03:58 PM.

"Do you know Putin?"
    "Yeah, we talk all the tim-"
    -delete-

Yeah, I can see a LOT of people doing exactly that.
    Eliminate the risk, ask the question later.
    This is exactly what's wrong with this picture.

Tell me, if someone kills your neighbour kills another because the latter knew Putin, would be news be:

1) Man kills neighbour for knowing Putin, arrested by police, or

2) Man kills neighbour for knowing Putin, no charges pressed?

-What we know is that Dragon God wishes to kill Man-God.
    -He identified that Rudy has heard of Man God.
    -Rudy was partway through saying that he occasionally meets him in his dreams.
    -Dragon God doesn't get the whole message, decides that Rudy was an Apostle and kills him.

This is the same dumb shit that Ghislaine's brother did when he fucked Rudy up for hugging the big ass dog.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar

Tell me, if someone kills your neighbour kills another because the latter knew Putin, would be news be:

-Dragon God doesn't get the whole message, decides that Rudy was an Apostle and kills him.

This is the same dumb shit that Ghislaine's brother did when he fucked Rudy up for hugging the big ass dog.
    How is that similar though.

Hugging the dog was considered defiling a holy beast and wasn't punished by death.
    Knowing the Man-God is obviously not equal to knowing the leader of a country.

Rudy has obviously a special interaction with the Man-God, who knows how other humans interact with him, or if they even can.... or what happens when they interact with him.
    What if it is similar to how the witch of Re:Zero works and they turn into "slaves" constantly trying to manipulate or convert others into followers. Maybe the eagerness to talk about him was already reason enough and considered dangerous.
    We know far less about the situation than Orsted did/does and expect him to feel pity for the sheep that might already be lost?
    If he is a time-traveler or something of the like (like, a time-loop or something), doesn't it stand to reason he knows way more than Rudy does?
    What if he is in constant battle that has been ongoing for a while and the Man-God is sending apostles to alter events in his favor and Orsted tries to stop that?

We have absolutely nothing to judge them with, or rather, we only have 1 part of the whole puzzle, which is Rudy's POV, which is not only extremely limited but also already influenced by the target Orsted wants to destroy and we also know nothing about the Man-God... who, for a god, doesn't seem to be as influential as he'd like right now, or maybe, he uses Rudy exactly because he is an otherwordler that has a special interaction with this world.. such as not being affected by curses, which apparently his enemy, Orsted has multiples of.
    Not to mention that the first time Man-God appears was right after rudy was consumed by the calamity as far as I remember.

Why are we ignoring all this.. just because Rudy is the MC?
    That's not something the other characters know.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Wed, 12-08-2021 at 01:01 AM.

That isekai isn't comparable to Australia or any other developed country from our world. It's an undeveloped world. Slavery is very much a thing. Royal princes are free to do whatever they want, as long as it doesn't majorly hurt the royal house. The best fighters in the world are called gods. Bandits are free to be killed by anyone, no police, judges, or courts of law needed.

But if you want to talk about Putin, then sure, let's talk about Putin. Putin can order anyone in Russia (or outside of Russia) to be assassinated. If the person has the audacity of not dying, they will be thrown into a prison, being guilty of not actually dying when killed (I guess Emiya Shirou would find that shocking). But still Russia is more developed than the isekai in this series because it's only Putin and his gang who have the power of deciding between life and death in Russia.

I'd say Orsted is very systematic and proceeds logically if he not only wants to kill the Man-God but also everyone associated with him. Just like Putin wants to kill all serious political opponents and silence their supporters. The only way to utterly remove someone is to make everyone forget such a person ever even existed.

Uh, I don't think anyone here is suggesting dude wouldn't go to jail for this in the real world, but this ain't the real world. There's no police, no law, and they couldn't do shit to him even if there were.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    How is that similar though.

Hugging the dog was considered defiling a holy beast and wasn't punished by death.
    Knowing the Man-God is obviously not equal to knowing the leader of a country.

Rudy has obviously a special interaction with the Man-God, who knows how other humans interact with him, or if they even can.... or what happens when they interact with him.
    What if it is similar to how the witch of Re:Zero works and they turn into "slaves" constantly trying to manipulate or convert others into followers. Maybe the eagerness to talk about him was already reason enough and considered dangerous.
    We know far less about the situation than Orsted did/does and expect him to feel pity for the sheep that might already be lost?
    If he is a time-traveler or something of the like (like, a time-loop or something), doesn't it stand to reason he knows way more than Rudy does?
    What if he is in constant battle that has been ongoing for a while and the Man-God is sending apostles to alter events in his favor and Orsted tries to stop that?

We have absolutely nothing to judge them with, or rather, we only have 1 part of the whole puzzle, which is Rudy's POV, which is not only extremely limited but also already influenced by the target Orsted wants to destroy and we also know nothing about the Man-God... who, for a god, doesn't seem to be as influential as he'd like right now, or maybe, he uses Rudy exactly because he is an otherwordler that has a special interaction with this world.. such as not being affected by curses, which apparently his enemy, Orsted has multiples of.
    Not to mention that the first time Man-God appears was right after rudy was consumed by the calamity as far as I remember.

Why are we ignoring all this.. just because Rudy is the MC?
    That's not something the other characters know.

Why are you ignoring that Orsted acted without knowing ANYTHING?

And then, hallelujah, after he LISTENED to someone, decided that killing Rudy was wrong!

You guys defending Orsted are so obviously wrong, it's hilarious.