Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation

Okay, realtalk: Is this just an ecchi series you all are tricking me into watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    "Surprising" a sleeping woman by taking her virginity is...rape.
    Ya.

The fact that you're trying to downplay it is kinda fucked up.
    Especially when the show itself doesn't.

Even our goddamn narrator is like, "Yeah, he's total scum..."

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    What's fucked up is that you ignore translation that I just presented in full detail.
    No offense, but I wouldn't take your word on the translation of something where the topic of sexual assault was involved.

Like, it should be obvious, but for example:

*noises from window*
    Lilia: "H-huh? W-who's there?"
    Pail: "pshh! It's me, Paul."
    Lilia: "What are you doing here?! This the girls dorm!"
    Paul: "I couldn't stop thinking about you and had to see you. Lilia, I think I love you."
    Lilia: *blushes* Oh ... but ..."
    Paul: *approaches her bed* "Don't send me back ..."
    Lilia: "Paul ... this is wrong ..."
    Paul: *puts his hand on her cheek* "You are so beautiful that it hurts my heart ..." *goes in for the kiss*
    Lilia: "... ah, Paul ... no ... ah ..."
    Paul: "Should I stop?"
    Lilia: "... no ..."
    I'm glad you felt the need to write us a little fanfiction for how the fairly straightforward interpretation could possibly, technically mean something else...MAYBE.

This is a flawless example here of "mental gymnastics".
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sun, 01-31-2021 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Okay, realtalk: Is this just an ecchi series you all are tricking me into watching?

Ya.

Especially when the show itself doesn't.

Even our goddamn narrator is like, "Yeah, he's total scum..."

No offense, but I wouldn't take your word on the translation of something where the topic of sexual assault was involved.

I'm glad you felt the need to write us a little fanfiction for how the fairly straightforward interpretation could possibly, technically mean something else...MAYBE.

This is a flawless example here of "mental gymnastics".

You wouldn't take the word of someone's translation who read a lot of doujins, thus being familiar with the topic? Ok.

Both you and Ryll choose to accept a bad translation. And then you mix it with your absurd stance that 'surprising in her sleep' = rape.

That's just wtf.

I sure hope you aren't taking Funimation's translation at face value either. Virtue signalling is pretty heavy with these companies these days. I can imagine if you approached Funimation through their official channels (if they have any) to ask about this, they would either ban you or ignore you.

I wouldn't particularly care about this specific case as we all know Paul is a scumbag, so it's all about nuances at best. However, like I've already said two times, this isn't only about Paul. This is about Lilia as well. I would very much like to hear the Funimation translator's thoughts on why Lilia purposefully sought to be employed by the man who, according to the translator, raped her.

Oh, and since the topic of "Is Rudeus/Sylph a problem?" came up last week, I will say that, with his "I'll groom her to become my ideal woman" comment this week, that yes, it is now, officially, a problem.

That is essentially a statement of intent that he's going to use his adult experience to manipulate her into becoming a woman that best suits his taste. Which is like going "Hey, you know what the actual SPECIFIC problem with trying to enter into a relationship with a minor is? Well I'm going to do exactly that."

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    I sure hope you aren't taking Funimation's translation at face value either.
    No, but I'll take it over the random guy on a message board with a history of going out of his way to defend sexual assault.

And then you mix it with your absurd stance that 'surprising in her sleep' = rape.
    Surprise!
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Mon, 02-01-2021 at 03:42 AM.

Oh, and since the topic of "Is Rudeus/Sylph a problem?" came up last week, I will say that, with his "I'll groom her to become my ideal woman" comment this week, that yes, it is now, officially, a problem.

That is essentially a statement of intent that he's going to use his adult experience to manipulate her into becoming a woman that best suits his taste. Which is like going "Hey, you know what the actual SPECIFIC problem with trying to enter into a relationship with a minor is? Well I'm going to do exactly that."
    Yeah, this is also a problem. Rudy has really only reinforced this episode, though his narration, that he still considers himself a 40-something year old man and not a 7-year old on a redo.

There's plenty of other series out there that don't do this in a creepy way. 27 year old becoming 16 again, 30-somethings becoming 17 again, 30-something getting jumped back to his 10 year old self (temporarily), 30-something edgelord reborn as an unironic edgelord and embracing it fully...

The difference is that though they're more mature about their redo, they're also still generally embracing getting to be an idiot kid again (edit: Also expressing active intent to not make the same mistakes, and they deliberately and purposefully do not).

Rudy's not. He's already convinced his "step-mother(?)" from infancy he was possessed by the devil by leering at her big jugs all the time. Like...ALL the time. He's notably very calculating and manipulative. Paul's noticed, even if Zenith hasn't. The discussion about school was more like, "Well you already know everything, why even send you?" and completely ignore the potential for Rudy to socialize with more than just Sylphie.

Now Rudy's being very open about wanting to groom little girls. I realize it is a common thing in Japanese literature (Tale of Genji), but the fact that his friendship/crush with Sylphie is already going down a weird direction is concerning. He has a figurine of what he wants her to be as an adult. So there's a clear end-goal for his intent. He has a very long history, even so far, of how emotionally manipulative he can be. It's one thing to teach her magic, make her strong, be close friends with her across the years, pay for her tuition to school so they can continue to hang out. It's another to openly state intent to mold her personality from the perspective of a self-proclaimed emotionally manipulative adult.

He should be learning from his mistakes in his past life, but he's not as much as I hoped he would. He's really still going for his own selfish ends, while only improving slightly.

The few good deeds he's been doing lately are not outweighing the plans he seems to have for those around him.

I generally like this series, but I can see pretty easily why people say it is a bit problematic, because it is. This isn't being "woke," some of this stuff should set off red flags for anyone.

He should be learning from his mistakes in his past life, but he's not as much as I hoped he would. He's really still going for his own selfish ends, while only improving slightly.

The few good deeds he's been doing lately are not outweighing the plans he seems to have for those around him.

I generally like this series, but I can see pretty easily why people say it is a bit problematic, because it is. This isn't being "woke," some of this stuff should set off red flags for anyone.
    I don't think he was ever presented as any shining example of humanity. His past life was nothing but one giant regret, this time he wants to live without regrets, live fully. However, his past life still inevitably will shape this life as well. I mean, if he had been an American, he might have ended his life as a school shooter. Keeping that in mind, he should still carry some poison in his soul. Humans are humans, be their Japanese or American, what differs is how they attempt to deal with their problems due to the upbringing, culture, and society around them, but the traumas will be the same.

Anyway, I never really cared that much about what people think or even plan inside of their heads. What they actually do is what matters. Rudy might have caused Lilia discomfort by staring at her, but in the end that was all it was, and I'd guess when he grew up a bit, he couldn't anymore do it as blatantly as it would have looked too dubious. I'm sure he was still stealing glances as much as he could. If we think about Sylphie, Rudy more or less saved her and allowed her to become a whole lot better person, to the point of making her a rare silent magician. He has done absolutely nothing that would have hurt her, or her chances in life, so far. He might think he wanted to shape her this way or that, but in reality he did nothing (apart from making Sylphie like him, her savior). Now he was sent away anyway and separated from Sylphie, so it's all moot.

Judge him after he has actually done something. If his inner thoughts weren't presented, you wouldn't even know anything.

Yeah, this is also a problem. Rudy has really only reinforced this episode, though his narration, that he still considers himself a 40-something year old man and not a 7-year old on a redo.

There's plenty of other series out there that don't do this in a creepy way. 27 year old becoming 16 again, 30-somethings becoming 17 again, 30-something getting jumped back to his 10 year old self (temporarily), 30-something edgelord reborn as an unironic edgelord and embracing it fully...

The difference is that though they're more mature about their redo, they're also still generally embracing getting to be an idiot kid again (edit: Also expressing active intent to not make the same mistakes, and they deliberately and purposefully do not).

Rudy's not. He's already convinced his "step-mother(?)" from infancy he was possessed by the devil by leering at her big jugs all the time. Like...ALL the time. He's notably very calculating and manipulative. Paul's noticed, even if Zenith hasn't. The discussion about school was more like, "Well you already know everything, why even send you?" and completely ignore the potential for Rudy to socialize with more than just Sylphie.

Now Rudy's being very open about wanting to groom little girls. I realize it is a common thing in Japanese literature (Tale of Genji), but the fact that his friendship/crush with Sylphie is already going down a weird direction is concerning. He has a figurine of what he wants her to be as an adult. So there's a clear end-goal for his intent. He has a very long history, even so far, of how emotionally manipulative he can be. It's one thing to teach her magic, make her strong, be close friends with her across the years, pay for her tuition to school so they can continue to hang out. It's another to openly state intent to mold her personality from the perspective of a self-proclaimed emotionally manipulative adult.

There two answers to this.

The easier answer is: So what? Rudy didn't choose to get into this situation, he can't change it at will, he's trapped there in this life as a young boy. You guys told me last week that there'd come no good from Rudy telling anyone the truth about himself, so at that point you also have to accept that he's gonna live life as if he was that boy, Rudy. Whether he still has some ideas from his past 40yo-life or not doesn't matter, because, again: He didn't choose all of this. Do you all know the Tom Hanks movie "Big"? In that movie, an underage boy ends up having sex with an adult woman when he magically turns into an adult man's body over night. Is the woman a rapist for having sex with someone who looked like an adult, but clearly behaved like a kid? It's basically the reverse situation. The answer is the same: Nobody chose this, so accept reality and move on. Rudy will forever be a boy/man around Selphie's age (assuming she's not already 100 yo, considering her elf-dna. Although her human parent is alive, so probably not). No matter how much time passes. When Sylphie is 20, Rudy will be, like, 55. Will that be okay? When Sylphie is 40, Rudy will be, like, 75. That okay? The point: It's a new life. That's literally the point of an isekai story. And acknowledging that makes it acceptable imo.

As a sidenote: I'd like to challenge you guys' "he shouldn't tell anybody about his former life, it wouldn't do him any good". Have you NEVER felt guilty about something and, even knowing you'd probably get punished, just had to tell someone about it? I find it rather shocking that I'm supposed to be the only one who's like that. I remember when I was in kindergarten and I wasted the sticky tape roll. Kindergarten teachers asked everyone who did it. Nobody said a thing, me neither. As I was hiding on the playground outside, I felt miserable and eventually approached one of the kindergarten teachers and cryingly admitted that it was me. I receiver a couple stern words, but I also felt so much better afterwards. Lying to people feels bad, having to keep lying feels worse. If I were Rudy, I'd absolutely tell someone. Maybe I'd tell Sylphie, both to get it off my chest and because she's nice, and also to give her the choice of removing me from her life in case she's scared/creeped out.

Now, the more complicated answer. Warning: If you cannot bear philosophical discussions, don't read on. The following does NOT mean that I'm in favor of "grooming" or child sex. It's a hypothetical scenario, just like this anime, and I'll be writing about hypothetical approaches that I'd never try in real life for a myriad of reasons. So keep your accusations to yourself.

Anyway, you accuse Rudy for the "molding her to my liking" and yes, it sounds bad at first glimpse. It's certainly perverted, yeah. But I have though about this many times before (because unfortunately the whole pedo-shit is a recurring topic when you're an adult fan of anime and japanese video games. sigh. Just yesterday I saw someone call fans of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 "pedos" for liking the character designs of the game ...) and honestly, the term "grooming" is total bullshit. The issue that "grooming" tries to indicate is that evil adults trick children into acts of sex. That's the short version of it, the popular one, I think. I take two issues with that: First, what when a "good" adult approaches a child and doesn't do any "tricks" and once the child reaches Age of Consent, the two enter a relationship? Everybody is happy, nobody is hurt ... but society condemns the older person and pushes everyone to misery. That's the one issue, a very hypothetical one, again, thinking about it philosophically. Nobody is hurt, everybody is happy, but somehow it's still evil? Eh. And there's my second issue: How is "grooming" any different to regular "hitting on women"?! The whole "tricking" is the very same. You see a woman you find attractive, now you do your best to "convince" her to accept you and let you fuck her. That's the key difference: "Convince" being used instead of "trick". The real world meaning is the very same. You trick a woman, and a bad person convinces a child. Conceptually, from the man's perspective, grooming and hitting on women are the same. There is one more difference, yes, and that is the mental capability of a woman vs a child. The biggest issue I take with that argument is that NOT ALL WOMEN ARE THE SAME. And thought further, NOT ALL PEOPLE ARE THE SAME. I've been taking note about this topic for a book I plan to write. Basically, I refuse the societal distinction between "child" and "adult". Don't misunderstand, there are some differences and the laws we have a pretty good for the most part. What I hate, however, is how we treat children like raw eggs, but the moment they turn 18 (or 21 or whatever your cutoff age is), we give a literal crap about them. But biologically, there is no such cutoff age. And there never will be. People have different experiences in life, different mental makeup. And no matter what, all adults are always the child they once were. I often get really sad when I think about that, looking at some random 50yo guy or 45yo woman, how cold they'be become, how they just "function" to continue to go to work and earn money, maybe have children, but that's it. No passion, no real joy beyond "this is what I must do, because society has forced me to become that way". I often just wanna hug these older people and pat their heads and tell them "It's alright", but, lol, I'd probably be pushed back, called a creeper and have the police on my ass ^^ "Age" is something that relates to everyone of us, and yet our society handles it sooo badly. The worst one being the distinction between "adult" and "child", beyond some good laws. To go back to Rudy: When he says "mold her to my liking", it's really two things: First, a random degenerate weeb's bullshit thinking. Considering he worships Roxy's panties, he might have thought that simply for an internal meme. Second, everyone does that to some degree. Yeah, I can already hear you say "No, I don't. When I'm attracted to a woman I want her as she is". But that's bs. Before you even approach her, you chose her because what you saw was "to your liking". That's where it begins. Then you start talking, it's generally pleasant. But you find out she smokes, and you think "I'll help her quit smoking". Then you spend more time with each other and you find out she voted Trump, so you think "fuck, I'll try my best to make her realize that Trump and the Republicans are evil". And then, after marrying her, she asks you which of 3 hairstyles you'd prefer on her, and you choose the one "to your liking". Point being: "Molding someone to your liking" is normal, we do this everytime we interact with people and want more interaction with them. We want more because of the parts we like, but the parts we don't like we hope to "improve". And realistically, what's Rudy gonna do to Sylphie? He already accepted that she's probably gonna be better at magic than him soon. He helped her escape being bullied and ostracized by others. Now he spends time with her and we haven't seen him do anything out of the ordinary. So, what do you expect when you complain about his line "mold her to my liking"? That he convinces her of some sexual practices? Sure, once she's old enough. When I had sex with a woman who never had given a bj (she was 30, in-before dumb accusations ...), I had to ease her in on the idea, too, before she eventually did it. That's normal for anything that someone hasn't done before. If DarthEnderX loves to have anal sex, I doubt his gf was like "whatever". When Ryll first asked his gf to pee on him, I'm sure her first reaction was "eww!". So I ask again: What do you think will Rudy do bad in regards to "mold her to my liking"?

Phew. That was longer than intended. I hope you actually read and understand that, but I don't havem much hope for that happening and instead expect some "WTF" and "omg" and "you're defending grooming, dude". No, I'm not. As I clearly explained above. These are mostly philosophical thought experiments and if you don't have the mental capability to think abstractly, then fault lies with you. With utmost clarity: I condemn anyone who grooms a real child or otherwise engages romantically with a real child.

So you're incapable of understanding "surprising someone in her sleep" as anything but rape? Wow. I guess English isn't your first language.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

[Pro-grooming screed]

Phew. That was longer than intended. I hope you actually read and understand that, but I don't havem much hope for that happening and instead expect some "WTF" and "omg" and "you're defending grooming, dude". No, I'm not. As I clearly explained above. These are mostly philosophical thought experiments and if you don't have the mental capability to think abstractly, then fault lies with you. With utmost clarity: I condemn anyone who grooms a real child or otherwise engages romantically with a real child.
    This is called the Fantasy Defense btw. It's specifically used with exactly this type of act.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Not sure if I'm missing something here or if you are referencing something, but if this is a honest question:
    This is certainly fantasy anime with ecchi elements and typical ecchi-humor in between.
    But the story itself in that regard is relatively "mature" compared to their counterparts I'd say.

Will watch this episode later when I'm home and the MTBBs version is out.
    Kinda wondering what this fuss is about.

This is called the Fantasy Defense btw. It's specifically used with exactly this type of act.
    Fuck you.

I explained it in great detail and you dismiss everything, accusing me of heinous shit.

I like how you assume that because he didn't cut and paste your entire argument, that means he just dismissed it, instead of reading it and just accurately evaluating it with brevity.

I also like how you assume that because you made an argument long, that automatically means it had merit.

So you're incapable of understanding "surprising someone in her sleep" as anything but rape?
    "Surprise! I made pancakes! That'll be one virginity please."

"Surprise! I made pancakes! That'll be one virginity please."
    "Here, have my virginity... you're hot and can't help myself".

I like how you assume that because he didn't cut and paste your entire argument, that means he just dismissed it, instead of reading it and just accurately evaluating it with brevity.

I also like how you assume that because you made an argument long, that automatically means it had merit.
    It means he and you didn't understand it or chose to not understand, because it made you uncomfortable. Which is unfortunately the typical reaction to these topics.

But if Ryll doesn't take back what he said, I guess I better leave this forum. You surely don't want someone here you believe to be a pedo-criminal rapist ...

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

It means he and you didn't understand it or chose to not understand, because it made you uncomfortable. Which is unfortunately the typical reaction to these topics.

But if Ryll doesn't take back what he said, I guess I better leave this forum. You surely don't want someone here you believe to be a pedo-criminal rapist ...
    Well, he didn't dismiss your point and didn't called you that either from what I saw. You presented an hypothetical, and he gave you a simple real world application of it. I mean, quoting your full post again which was huge, served little purpose. I mean, save it for your book? LOL, it honestly a was a huge ramble... not a reason enough to rage quit in my view. /shrugs

I'm of mind of being in both camps, to a point. I don't believe "children" (and here I mean mostly late teens) are always entirely blameless or that they're automatically a victim of something... but law-wise, yeah they're victims. As for the adults, regardless of intentions or the whatever made the "relationship" unique, they're ALWAYS in the wrong. And yes, "grooming" (as in the act of molding to be prepared to pounce once they hit legal age) is very wrong. It's very gray area admittedly, on how it forms about, but since not always that's the intention, but the existence of the possibility just makes it wrong from the get go. And yes, selected ages are mostly arbitrary/partly science/partly social contract acceptances; deal with it.

"Children" need to be protected, regardless of how special or supposedly unique the circumstance is.

Now, as it regards to Rudy. I'm not sure what the correct answer is. Some of his actions/thoughts make me (and should for all) make us uncomfortable. We can sympathize to a point, even accept it and understand it because these were the cards that he was dealt, but I don't think it's right to think what he's doing is proper or correct in any way. It's his new life, he's a kid now, let him live... but that doesn't go without judgment. It'll always be a stain he can't wash off.

As for Paul, I'm in the camp that the translation is doing a disservice and confirming with the wikia, without access to the source, is also a mistake. Shouldn't be confirming with the wikia as it is, but since it was brought up, the wikia is misleading. And I'm not saying that Paul didn't do wrong in the past, but it's not as it is painted.
    Last edited by Munsu; Mon, 02-01-2021 at 12:46 PM.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Sidestepping the other conversation...

Ep4

More good isekai slice of life that doesn't involve questing to save the world. Paul really got himself into it this time- I like how he said it (the baby) was 'probably' his when there were absolutely no other options available. Some fast thinking by Rudy kept his family together, and I like that kind of consideration, as one mistake shouldn't dissolve a functioning family unit like that. If anything, he gave Zenith a way out as she clearly didn't want to toss out Lilia and her child. Arguably, their family is stronger than before, as there is less distance between Rudy and Lilia, and they have overcome a trial; at least that's how I'll look at it...

Leave it to a thirty year old to recognize that 'kids say the darndest things' and use that to make a fairly outrageous proposition under the guise of a 7 year old's excitement.

Roxy is apparently a creep magnet...

As far as Rudy's intentions with finding the perfect Waifu- while he does posses 30+ years of mental development over Sylphie, I seriously doubt that he has the social acumen to be a great influencer beyond 'childhood friend', as his experience in the old life was anything but a lady-killer. He has a deep understanding of things that hurt and tormented him specifically; not the things that eluded him so thoroughly, like how to make friends and be charismatic- his mind matches his body in that aspect...

I recall it being a common fetish that people tend to have a controlling, 'I will fix them' mentality towards broken people that lends itself to remaining in or joining suboptimal relationships; using their 'superior' life skills to get their partner 'on track' and foster affection via a twisted gratitude.

I almost forgot his parents were adventurers before. Does anyone know the full ranks of the sword styles? My shounen side is itching to rank Paul for reference.

Beast lady is curt and cute. I look forward to next week!

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu View Post
    Well, he didn't dismiss your point and didn't called you that either from what I saw. You presented an hypothetical, and he gave you a simple real world application of it. I mean, quoting your full post again which was huge, served little purpose. I mean, save it for your book? LOL, it honestly a was a huge ramble... not a reason enough to rage quit in my view. /shrugs

I'm of mind of being in both camps, to a point. I don't believe "children" (and here I mean mostly late teens) are always entirely blameless or that they're automatically a victim of something... but law-wise, yeah they're victims. As for the adults, regardless of intentions or the whatever made the "relationship" unique, they're ALWAYS in the wrong. And yes, "grooming" (as in the act of molding to be prepared to pounce once they hit legal age) is very wrong. It's very gray area admittedly, on how it forms about, but since not always that's the intention, but the existence of the possibility just makes it wrong from the get go. And yes, selected ages are mostly arbitrary/partly science/partly social contract acceptances; deal with it.

"Children" need to be protected, regardless of how special or supposedly unique the circumstance is.

Now, as it regards to Rudy. I'm not sure what the correct answer is. Some of his actions/thoughts make me (and should for all) make us uncomfortable. We can sympathize to a point, even accept it and understand it because these were the cards that he was dealt, but I don't think it's right to think what he's doing is proper or correct in any way. It's his new life, he's a kid now, let him live... but that doesn't go without judgment. It'll always be a stain he can't wash off.

As for Paul, I'm in the camp that the translation is doing a disservice and confirming with the wikia, without access to the source, is also a mistake. Shouldn't be confirming with the wikia as it is, but since it was brought up, the wikia is misleading. And I'm not saying that Paul didn't do wrong in the past, but it's not as it is painted.
    1.) I will say: My "fuck you" towards Ryll only counts if he intended to call me a pedophile/future rapist. If I misunderstood that, I apologize. I guess I'll wait for his reply here ...

2.) Your stance sounds reasonable, I'm glad that not everyone here is scared of thinking about things with a "omg, what would others think about me if they found out ...!"-mindset. So, what did you think about the Usagi no Drop-manga? If you've read it.

3.) Regarding Paul: So do you agree that the intention of what is said in the original is NOT to mean that he raped Lilia? I feel like I'm going crazy when people here are dismissing my translation, when I even give them the full japanese words so they can check up the words on jisho.org themselves if they don't want to believe me. Paul is a scumbag ("scumbag" is a lighthearted word, you wouldn't call an actual rapist that), but there's nothing that says he raped Lilia. And seeing how everyone reacts, it wouldn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    More good isekai slice of life that doesn't involve questing to save the world. Paul really got himself into it this time- I like how he said it (the baby) was 'probably' his when there were absolutely no other options available. Some fast thinking by Rudy kept his family together, and I like that kind of consideration, as one mistake shouldn't dissolve a functioning family unit like that. If anything, he gave Zenith a way out as she clearly didn't want to toss out Lilia and her child. Arguably, their family is stronger than before, as there is less distance between Rudy and Lilia, and they have overcome a trial; at least that's how I'll look at it...
    I guess the issue for Zenith is: How do the 3 of them, Paul, Zenith, Lilia, continue life together from here on out? Zenith only gets to have sex with her husband? Lilia only, because Zenith can't forgive him? Neither of them sleeps with him and he's forced into eternal celibate? Or the "dream", of course: All three are in a full relationship now and he has sex with both of them, maybe even sharing the big bed all together?

That's the issue that really must bog down Zenith, because either way she's losing out here. Either sharing her man with another woman. Or passing her man over to her. Or trusting him that he never again touches her (impossible imo). In the end, going for the "dream" would be the least troublesome solution, and Zenith might discover that lesbian sex is nice, too. But it obviously requires that she gives up a bit of her self-respect. I guess she could get herself a hot butler that she gets to sleep around with, lol.

I guess the issue for Zenith is: How do the 3 of them, Paul, Zenith, Lilia, continue life together from here on out?
    The solution is obvious. Lilia has to seduce Zenith. A polygamous marriage is the only way they can truly be a happy family again!

It means he and you didn't understand it or chose to not understand
    Yes, it's definitely not just that we might disagree and think you're wrong. We just didn't UNDERSTAND. Your words were just too damn smart for us.

"scumbag" is a lighthearted word
    I mean, the etymology of the word is literally a used condom. So...it's pretty bad, it's just lost it's bite from overuse and people not knowing the phrase's origin.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Mon, 02-01-2021 at 03:52 PM.

3.) Regarding Paul: So do you agree that the intention of what is said in the original is NOT to mean that he raped Lilia? I feel like I'm going crazy when people here are dismissing my translation, when I even give them the full japanese words so they can check up the words on jisho.org themselves if they don't want to believe me. Paul is a scumbag ("scumbag" is a lighthearted word, you wouldn't call an actual rapist that), but there's nothing that says he raped Lilia. And seeing how everyone reacts, it wouldn't make sense.
    I haven't watched the episode yet, just think that drawing the line in the sand on a phrase that can be mistranslated or given a different take depending on the context and editing choices of said translation is not the right way to go here.

Only stepped in when Ryll made it the absolute interpretation just because some wikia (an outside source) declared it as fact. Things aren't as black & white as it's made out to be, that's all I say... and whomever wrote the wikia is misleading the readers.

My only caveat in all of this, as I said is that I haven't watched the episode. I don't know the context yet on why it was said, and according to whose POV it was said. I'll watch it shortly.

As for taking your cue on how people react, again we have to remove our preconceptions of what is "accepted behavior" in an underdeveloped fantasy world. But since I haven't watched can't comment on that, but she could've very well been raped and if social standings made it an almost non-issue, then that also could explain why she came to this house despite the past... and depending if she was desperate to find a job or something.
    Last edited by Munsu; Mon, 02-01-2021 at 03:57 PM.

I like how this series where almost nothing happens generates 10 times more talk than Attack On Titan, a series where EVERYTHING is happening.

I like how this series where almost nothing happens generates 10 times more talk than Attack On Titan, a series where EVERYTHING is happening.
    Just wait for the weekly episode of Redo of Healer, LOL