Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation

What are they 'working' anyway? Can't be a lot. Cooking, washing, buying groceries ... typical housewive stuff. If Zenith just sits around bored to hell, Lilia probably has the more fun life.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    1.) But Rudy's arm nor mouth move fast enough to defend against light-speed fighters lol.
    He's only 10...Ghislain is a seasoned master. When he's been doing magic as long as she's been swordfighting, who knows how fast he'll be.

What are they 'working' anyway? Can't be a lot. Cooking, washing, buying groceries ... typical housewive stuff. If Zenith just sits around bored to hell, Lilia probably has the more fun life.
    Zenith gardens. She grew the trees that Roxy and Rudy kept using for target practice.

Episode 9

- - - - -

This was a pretty good episode. I'm always surprised by how much characterisation Eris always has. She has a really strong personality, partially thanks to the decent animation budget, of course.

Hitogami was as creepy animated as I'd have expected.

I do like that Eris, an avowed tomboy, after getting over her fear of the Superd guy, was gleefully taking in everything. The creepy plant, the decorated tortoise shell homes, passing out with zero defenses, and then playing with her new gifted sword in the background.

She feels like a 12 year old, who's main parental figures are a grandfather who does whatever the hell he wants, and a catgirl warrior.

Ignoring the inherent danger of where they are. Feels like her portrayal really is a child. Unlike Rudeus, who is cautious, rational, and patient (or at least not rash to act in a crisis).

I kinda figured Roxy was actually older than she appeared, but that is a bit surprising. All of her people are really young looking. I guess that kind of follows for a series like this.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Episode 9

- - - - -

This was a pretty good episode. I'm always surprised by how much characterisation Eris always has. She has a really strong personality, partially thanks to the decent animation budget, of course.

Hitogami was as creepy animated as I'd have expected.
    Ya, I was really happy with how Eris was doing things in this episode.
    I think they did a great job showing us what she likes, dislikes, what she thinks about things and what she thinks about what needs to be done, by letting her do stuff or letting her react to stuff.

That's always fun to watch, no matter who that character is.

It's the same thing with the new character.
    Just him interacting with Eris and him "keeping up with her bullshit", you already get some character development. Pretty sweet.

This episode was over in a second. Must have been because it was super interesting.

Missed the OP song in this episode, they should've used it when they began traveling through the Demon Continent.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu View Post
    Missed the OP song in this episode, they should've used it when they began traveling through the Demon Continent.
    The lack of the song with the credits still rolling over the scene made the faceless god all the creepier and less trustworthy.

This episode made me remember how long it's been that we last had a fantasy anime with a proper journey. Them traveling the desert/plains was great. Nowadays, fantasy anime all take place in fixed locations, in 'bases' where everyone returns to after every mission. I prefer journeys.

One thing I would've liked to see animated was what happened as they were transported. He was falling through the sky holding Eris, so experiencing that through Rudeus' POV should've been awesome if animated properly.

MB's video on this show is really good.

The chapter title "Reincarnated as Still a Scumbag" made me lol.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post

snip

Watching this video and focusing on the animation makes me realize how flipping amazing and more importantly, interesting, basically all of the scenes look.
    There is always so much going on in most scenes, the background, the facial animations, the gestures...
    I'm so glad that this show has happened and I hope I get to see a lot more from the same studio in the future.

Even the small things like Zenith and Lilia rocking their babies differently that fits slightly more to each character etc.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Wed, 03-10-2021 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Watching this video and focusing on the animation makes me realize how flipping amazing and more importantly, interesting, basically all of the scenes look.
    There is always so much going on in most scenes, the background, the facial animations, the gestures...
    I'm so glad that this show has happened and I hope I get to see a lot more from the same studio in the future.

Even the small things like Zenith and Lilia rocking their babies differently that fits slightly more to each character etc.
    And it's a new studio, this is their first anime... looks like it's a joint venture from White Fox (animation) and Egg Firm (production). Also would be interested to see if this is a new team from White Fox as in new people recruited for Studio Bind, or if they're one of the same teams that work for them all along. Also, how much of the quality is due to the production company side?

Regardless, hope they continue to do well. Seems like this could be like Wit Studio, which made a name for themselves with Attack on Titan if they handle things right.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post

I didnt find the video good, because that guy can never decide one a stance when it comes to the gross pervy scenes. On one hand he understand how this is shit that many don't wanna see, then he talks about how it's all part of Rudy's growth etc..

The real problem with these pervy scenes is that they DONT show any character growth in Rudy and, worse, that there's never a consequence to it. Maaaybe the big twist is that this whole society is one where perverts are accepted, but this hasn't been portrayed to the viewer thus far. As it stands, Paul is a rapist and cheater, his brother is a perv who offers his 12yo daughter to a 10yo boy, the grandpa is abusing the maids in secret. And Rudy treasures his teacher's panties, secretly observed her during masturbation, forced Ghilaine to let him touch her ass, groped and tried to undress Eris while she was asleep, then groped her again and tried to actually fuck her later on. On the market, a guy tried to sell him an aphrodisiac, explaining in detail to a then 8yo boy what this potion is about. Oh, and Roxy is fine with being repeatedly groped by the nasty child she's teaching, just putting him on flame for comedic relief.

None of these scenes are put in ANY context, other than "happening". That's what makes Mushoku Tensei a trash anime and no amount of good animation will be able to undo that shit.

I like the initial setup. I'm close to being that ugly bastard-Rudy, except for the loli stuff, no interest in that. So I would love to see such a story to unfold properly. But that never happens. If all the above listed scenes had believable consequences, THEN it'd be interesting and THEN there would be actual character growth. For example: When Roxy found out about him stealing her panties, she should have told the parents and he should have received punishment for it, because, BOO HOY, stealing a girl's panties isn't okay. When Rudy groped Eris in her sleep, he should have had a severe flashback to his old life and then stopped, reminding himself that this is a new life and he ought to be better. OR, because it doesnt need to be moral story, he should have had some inner monologue along the lines of "I missed out on this in my past life, now I'm gonna do whatever I want, haha!", doubling down on the behavior. When the nasty boy groped Eris, she should have told his parents, and if they didn't believe or if she was scared of them not believing her, she should have just left at once.

This anime never has any of that. No consequences at all. And that makes it a trash isekai, similar to all the other trash isekai. Except better, but not so much better to escape the label "trash anime". If you wanna praise this anime, and you can do that, then only by embracing the gross, dumb, trashy pervy scenes. But dismissing them as "I understand why many dont want to see this", then proceeding to praise the anime, that's having your cake and eating it, too.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

MFauli, despite whatever good points you bring, your bias is showing. You're only hating on this purely because Redo of Healer is not as well regarded as this. That's the bottom line, and you know it... or should know it.

In fact, I dare say if we didn't have Redo of Healer yet, you wouldn't be bending over backwards in dismissing this series, in fact you'd be one of its biggest supporters.

Your complaints about this series and how you're critiquing it is not consistent on how you've discussed other series, with other pervs, etc. in all the time you've been here. It's not genuine. I don't want to dismiss the points you bring up, but it's faux outrage coming from you the way I see it.

To take a line from you on Redo of Healer:

This anime is fun to watch and those who complain and are still watching are idiots.
    My 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu View Post
    MFauli, despite whatever good points you bring, your bias is showing. You're only hating on this purely because Redo of Healer is not as well regarded as this. That's the bottom line, and you know it... or should know it.

In fact, I dare say if we didn't have Redo of Healer yet, you wouldn't be bending over backwards in dismissing this series, in fact you'd be one of its biggest supporters.

Your complaints about this series and how you're critiquing it is not consistent on how you've discussed other series, with other pervs, etc. in all the time you've been here. It's not genuine. I don't want to dismiss the points you bring up, but it's faux outrage coming from you the way I see it.

To take a line from you on Redo of Healer:

My 2 cents.
    You misunderstood my posting then, Munsu: I do quite enjoy this anime. I can ignore the trash just like I ignored it in other trash isekai anime. I was responding to the video posted about where the guy in the video says things that aren't consistent with each other. Redo of Healer got nothing to do with anything, although I will add that Redo of Healer is NOT as bad as Mushoku when it comes to questionable stuff. Redo straight forward is a revenge story and features sex/rape. That's it. Mushoku features the same, except also lots of pedophilia, like, lots. And not the American brand of pedophilie where finding a 15 yo curvy girl makes you a pedo, no, actual pedophilia aka attraction to prepubescent children. So in that regard, that people like Gigguk glance over Mushoku's shit but condemn Redo? That's indeed unfair.

But all that aside: I do enjoy Mushoku. All scenes that don't involve Rudy's contextless perv scenes are great. These perv scenes are so context-less that I'm sure someone will do a fan-edit once the whole series is out and remove all those scenes and suddenly we'll have a proper, great fantasy story (and no, im not pro-censorship, im just saying how easy it is to turn this into non-trash). I'd start repeating myself if Icontinued now, so let me just say this again: If all the perv scenes had true consequences attached to them, I'd love this anime so much more. As is, it's high-quality trash isekai.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

You misunderstood my posting then, Munsu: I do quite enjoy this anime. I can ignore the trash just like I ignored it in other trash isekai anime. I was responding to the video posted about where the guy in the video says things that aren't consistent with each other. Redo of Healer got nothing to do with anything, although I will add that Redo of Healer is NOT as bad as Mushoku when it comes to questionable stuff. Redo straight forward is a revenge story and features sex/rape. That's it. Mushoku features the same, except also lots of pedophilia, like, lots. And not the American brand of pedophilie where finding a 15 yo curvy girl makes you a pedo, no, actual pedophilia aka attraction to prepubescent children. So in that regard, that people like Gigguk glance over Mushoku's shit but condemn Redo? That's indeed unfair.

But all that aside: I do enjoy Mushoku. All scenes that don't involve Rudy's contextless perv scenes are great. These perv scenes are so context-less that I'm sure someone will do a fan-edit once the whole series is out and remove all those scenes and suddenly we'll have a proper, great fantasy story (and no, im not pro-censorship, im just saying how easy it is to turn this into non-trash). I'd start repeating myself if Icontinued now, so let me just say this again: If all the perv scenes had true consequences attached to them, I'd love this anime so much more. As is, it's high-quality trash isekai.
    I do understand your posts quite well, it's the same rant you've been going on for a while now which is inconsistent with how you regarded things in the past. As I said, regardless of the good points you may bring about the video, the basis of it remains the same from what you've said for some weeks now.

Your only issue is that this series is well regarded, and others are not... your failure to comprehend why that is keeps you in this disbelief state that's making you rant about things you don't even really believe. Your binky anime is not getting the same treatment, so you have some sort of incredible need to drag this series down to the level of other series without any need for it. At times using false equivalences. That's my point.

I'll leave it at that, you're ruining the anime for yourself or in the process of doing so, which is a shame. It's similar when you have a song you really like, then it becomes popular then you can't help yourself but begin to hate it. I think you'd be better of stop comparing the series to avoid that from happening. In trying to convince people that this anime is not as good as it could be or should be, you're creating a self-fulfilling prophecy, and in my opinion needlessly (for yourself).
    Last edited by Munsu; Wed, 03-10-2021 at 02:38 PM.

You make it sound like I'm a huge fan of Redo of Healer lol

You make it sound like I'm a huge fan of Redo of Healer lol
    It's immaterial if you're a huge fan of it or not, it's still your binky for the season or was (maybe things have changed since then), but the difference in how that series is treated and this one is what has thrown you into this loop. And I mean, I share some of the criticism you have about this series, just don't think it's actually genuine or at least not something you truly believe and I think you'll end up ruining the experience for yourself. That's what I want to get across more than anything, to not ruin it for yourself attacking it about things you usually wouldn't give a second thought about just so that the series isn't as well regarded as it currently is. Well, to each his own I guess.
    Last edited by Munsu; Wed, 03-10-2021 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Oh yeah. I can complain about the content of this series all I want, but I can't argue that it LOOKS amazing.

I didnt find the video good, because that guy can never decide one a stance when it comes to the gross pervy scenes. On one hand he understand how this is shit that many don't wanna see, then he talks about how it's all part of Rudy's growth etc..
    Yeah, it's almost as if his take is nuanced instead of just copy/pasted from one of two extremes off the internet.

If all the above listed scenes had believable consequences, THEN it'd be interesting and THEN there would be actual character growth.
    Like the video points out though, the consequences(i.e. none), ARE believable for the kind of primitive medieval society he's in.

The only ACTUAL consequence is the women he's victimizing thinking less of him. Which is something that is actually starting to bother him.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Wed, 03-10-2021 at 03:28 PM.