Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation

Honestly, at this point I wonder what WOULD happen if Rudy told his parents that he is a reincarnated guy from another dimension. The time they'd spent up until now has been mostly genuine, Rudy isn't that much of an actor, he went with the flow.

I hope that is something that happens at some point. Maybe it'll be a tragic incident, but Rudy should be confident and strong enough by then to accept the consequences. And really, none of this is his fault.

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Honestly, at this point I wonder what WOULD happen if Rudy told his parents that he is a reincarnated guy from another dimension. The time they'd spent up until now has been mostly genuine, Rudy isn't that much of an actor, he went with the flow.

I hope that is something that happens at some point. Maybe it'll be a tragic incident, but Rudy should be confident and strong enough by then to accept the consequences. And really, none of this is his fault.
    He's pretty smart, yet cautious, thus he should never say it. He's pining for a whole new, successful life this time, after having experienced one failure of a life. It would be highly counterproductive for him to reveal anything of that sort. I don't know why you'd hope for such a thing. You also say that none of it is his fault, yet he should be strong enough to accept the consequences. Why should he need to bear any of the consequences when it's not his fault, not his choice to be reborn? Not to mention it would also hurt his parents. Totally pointless. If he's given a splendid second chance, then it's better to use it, not drag his forlorn past into the second chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    He's pretty smart, yet cautious, thus he should never say it. He's pining for a whole new, successful life this time, after having experienced one failure of a life. It would be highly counterproductive for him to reveal anything of that sort. I don't know why you'd hope for such a thing. You also say that none of it is his fault, yet he should be strong enough to accept the consequences. Why should he need to bear any of the consequences when it's not his fault, not his choice to be reborn? Not to mention it would also hurt his parents. Totally pointless. If he's given a splendid second chance, then it's better to use it, not drag his forlorn past into the second chance.
    Because it must feel awful to keep such a shocking secret/lie to yourself. Similar to how pedophiles must feel irl when they don't commit any crimes but still are deathly scared of being found out. Living with a lie is terrible. (disclaimer: I'm not a pedophile, sigh. But it's the perfect example)

Can is open, don't let it spoil now!

I know it's a tough thinking exercise for someone like you, but ols, give it a try.
    I think I had this discussion recently with Buffy and Angel. Like, this 240-year-old dude is trying to fuck this teenager. I ultimately gave him a pass cause, like, when you're 240, even an 80 year old lady is still an uncomfortable age gap. What else are you supposed to do?

Because it must feel awful to keep such a shocking secret/lie to yourself. Similar to how pedophiles must feel irl when they don't commit any crimes but still are deathly scared of being found out. Living with a lie is terrible. (disclaimer: I'm not a pedophile, sigh. But it's the perfect example)
    I'd say he would be more relieved if nobody ever found out. Unlike with hiding a crime, or equivalent, there's no way an outsider would suddenly learn of it, out of his control. It's also not really something he would need to feel ashamed of, especially if he tries to be as good a son as he can. He wants to live his second life without regrets, so why mar it with his past life full of regrets? Not to mention, like I said, he would actually hurt his parents permanently if he told them. Their relationship wouldn't be the same anymore. I simply see no benefit in telling them but plenty of disadvantages.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Since Rudy is such a prodigy, this may be one of the first times Paul has had to actually 'dad' on his son. He has almost no experience with Rudy being disagreeable or disobedient; he never even left the house/yard before, much less cause anyone (serious) problems. Like he (Paul) said, he was a little excited that the boy finally got in trouble- like there was some rascal in him yet. I liken it to buying a tool box of wonderful implements, only to have them sit around for years, and the twisted delight at finally getting to use them once something needs fixing. As a man (and a noble), his duty is to guide and correct his son into a proper adult. Paul just had no way of knowing his otherwise normal looking son was already halfway there (at least counting the development of cynicism), so he jumped the gun a bit in 'laying down the law'. A rookie mistake by a rookie dad. It takes a big man to control the frustration of being called out on your mistake by someone with no power over you. I can respect Paul for that.

About Sylfie... I think it is fair to assume Rudeus hasn't been around someone child aged for about 30 years at this point, so I can forgive not being wise to the little ball of cooties, even if that scene was a bit contrived to obviously facilitate another perv moment. But it was used well in the following scenes.

Did you notice that Paul said both that 'infidelity runs in the family', and for him to bring home a 'girlfriend or two'? Paul has his own set of priorities, and that makes him more of a character.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Quite amazing how this show managed to make "baby problems" interesting to watch - in all honesty.

It was a very thin line the author had to walk to make Rudy not feel like a little shit and know-it-all and I'd like to say that he managed to do that well enough to make it look like we are talking about a 30+ year old guy from a modern age, a NEET *and* a ~9-10year old (how old is rudy?) child at the same time.

pretty tough, and pretty well done, kudos.

Again, another amazing episode in my book. If this keeps going I'll be sure to start reading the LN.
    I wonder if they can keep up to the quality of this show.

The inner speech scenes are also quite well done in conjunction to what is actually happening on the screen.
    You aren't looking at "stills" whenever he speaks to himself and they happen "fast enough" to not make it feel like Rudy makes really weird and awkward pauses and "drifts away" into his train of thought.

I have a heart for children like Sylphiette. When she went to Rudy with the book after casting that ice spell and said "teach me the next one" it felt really warm inside. It's just the best when a child comes at you with hopes, trust and admiration like that. Again a little bonus point for the anime to just show it like that and not telling us directly. Very minor, but very much appreciated

Obviously even better to know that these 2 "kids" are basically the first friend in years to each other.

And last but not least, when he was exploring the village/forest, I got some serious Spice and Wolf vibes (mostly due to the music)

But seriously, how old is Rudy now?
    Anime children always look like they are 4-5.
    I kinda wonder when I started to see girls as girls (as in: *I have to cover myself up in front of them*)
    I think it was somewhere in grade school and not much before that - but I could be wrong, lol.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Mon, 01-25-2021 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    But seriously, how old is Rudy now?
    Anime children always look like they are 4-5.
    I kinda wonder when I started to see girls as girls (as in: *I have to cover myself up in front of them*)
    I think it was somewhere in grade school and not much before that - but I could be wrong, lol.
    Didn't he turn five years old in the previous ep? I'm not sure if significant time has passed since then, but I imagine not.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Paul vs Rudeus has been very well explained and described.
    The other part I liked was how Sylphiette was able to use magic without voicing a spell.
    It showed how Rudeus trusts Sylphiette, because after all he'd like to keep an edge.
    But he also learns that others can do it. Although Sylphiette could be a rare exception too as she's an elph and they are said to be the ones who discovered/studied and taught magic. So it's entirely possible they have a great afinity and natural abilities for magic.
    And let's not forget they are children, which might help greatly with anything related to senses

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

But the look on his face when she first cast without an incantation... isekai'd NEET disappointed that they're not extremely special.

If Roxy couldn't, but they both could, I wonder how much habit becomes impediment. They simply don't try to feel the flow inside?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Last week the maid found Roxy's underwear. This week Rudy still had it. Either:

1) The scenes are not chronological, or
    2) Rudy had 2 pairs, or
    3) The maid gave it back to him....

.. as for MFauli's question - yes Rudy can fuck Sylphie.

Age-wise he looked quite a bit more mature and taller. I'd say he's 9 or something.

The kid with the bruise did look suspicious, but I figured Rudy just pegged water at him really hard.

We still low-key got to see further magical development by Rudy. He's still self studying and now can mix two spells simultaneously without chanting. In fact, I wonder how a normal person would do that anyway - would they interleave two spell chants together, or say them both sequentially before activating afterwards?

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Didn't he turn five years old in the previous ep? I'm not sure if significant time has passed since then, but I imagine not.
    Ah, that's true it was his 5th birthday, so he is still 5 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    2) Rudy had 2 pairs
    Why settle with just 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    3) The maid gave it back to him....
    Isn't it obviously this? Rudy is a part of the family employing her. It's not her role to go around confiscating her employer's possessions. She could have taken the panties to Zenith, but let's think about it: That would make her relationship with Rudy much poorer, while she would gain absolutely nothing out of it. If she was Rudy's older sister, she most likely would have taken the underwear away from him, but she's not. However, if she simply returned them, without speaking a word to anyone, there might be a slight feeling of Rudy owing her one. As they all consider Rudy a genius (even if a perverted one), it's not a bad deal for her.

Honestly, isn't the maiden aware of Rudy's real identity anyways? At least suspicious. She was when Rudy was born. And she looks rather sharp.

Honestly, isn't the maiden aware of Rudy's real identity anyways? At least suspicious. She was when Rudy was born. And she looks rather sharp.
    Well, why jump to the conclusion of real identity? I do recall some suspicions of how odd Rudy was behaving, but why should it be about his real identity? But yeah, she's always on guard around him.

We don't know a lot about her, I've totally forgotten her name, but she's always kind of wary and cold.

Why would she think, in a million years, that Rudy is a weird reincarnation from another world? She has witnessed with her own eyes he's just far more mature than a kid his age normally, including being interested in women in a way different from a regular small boy (although I bet she just puts that down to Rudy being a genuine Greyrat, a natural born pervert, that is). Zenith declared him a genius, plus she was there when the magic teacher told she hasn't got anything more to teach him, a five years old brat. That's what she must be thinking as well, that Rudy is just a twisted genius.

It's not like you'd think, if you knew someone with an extraordinary personality, that they must be a space alien in a human disguise. You'd rather think they are savant, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu View Post
    Well, why jump to the conclusion of real identity? I do recall some suspicions of how odd Rudy was behaving, but why should it be about his real identity? But yeah, she's always on guard around him.
    You're right. She actually suspected that there's an evil spirit inside the baby. Much better for Rudy xD

Why would she think, in a million years, that Rudy is a weird reincarnation from another world?
    Perhaps she, herself, comes from another world?